Page 102 of 213 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2126

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Yes but most of them have the 20nm osw not the 30nm.Same as everybody else pretty much. 100 dynamic dampening and gain at 6. Yes 6. Anything higher then that its too heavy in corners. But id like a little more weight under normal driving. That's why I said it sort of feels like the different ffb forces aren't balanced yet. I can kind of feel everything but the stuff id like to feel more of is too week and some stuff seems a little over done. Maybe the extra range is why it feels different for you guys? IDK. The osw doesn't have a clipping meter and normally its super obvious when you are. You notice it right away in the corners because you wont feel the bumps. With the in game gain at 6 there should be no way I am. But the ffb still feels weird like its muffled I guess is the best way to explain it. That's the thing that bothers me though why do I have to turn the gain down so far? I don't do that in any other game and normally im right about where most others are with the same wheels. Im almost tempted to reinstall it and see what happens.
    Oh, dude... I did a complete reinstall for Build 2, and will for each subsequent build. There's just too much change happening. I would recommend doing it every time. It's not like there's a lot of player data to save. Even with having to setup your controllers in 2D mode, you can reset the options and be back on the grid in like 20 minutes.

If I were you, I'd definitely try a reinstall, especially given the problems you're having.

Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I second that. Whos idea was that to not include the mouse? This is a pc game not a console one....
    This is why I said it was a boneheaded idea. Adding button support from the wheel is fine. But never... ever... ever... EVER... remove mouse support from anything on PC. I mean... that's just... I don't even know the word to describe how silly of an idea that is. PC software that doesn't work with a mouse. It's mind boggling.
    Last edited by Haiden; 17-10-2018 at 23:39.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Same with the F1 rim. By default the Cancel/Back and Enter/Apply buttons are in a convenient spot on the wheel, and the funky switch works for menu navigation. If it weren't for that, it'd be a pain. Not sure what guys with custom rims without anolog/funky switches do.
    I really prefer the funky switch on the F1 rim to the McLaren rim , they really went backwards with the McLaren switch ! But the McLaren rim is nicer imo to drive with .
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm curious, though... why don't you know if you're clipping or not? Isn't there some kind of clipping meter you can check?
    There's a FFB bar below the Throttle/Brake display, turns red when clipping, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Do this first

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

and edit:
    Engine.ini

(Set TAA to 'Epic or High' ingame for this to work properly. Edit Tonemapper.Sharpen how you like it.)

Place this in the Engine.ini file below everything else:

[ConsoleVariables]
    r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
    r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
    r.TemporalAASamples=4
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4

Then in game
    Res scale 170%
    View distance Mid
    Shadows High
    AA High
    Temporal
    Effects High
    PP Mid
    Sharpness 200%
    Foliage Low
    Textures Epic
    Mirror High
    Blur Off .

Night racing is off limit with Ai over a couple but rain is great with 15 Ai , also hit Ctrl + numpad 3 to lock ASW to 45 and just get used to the artefacts !
    All in all its pretty clear , cockpit clarity is great , 3D works great and the Ai cars look and seem more real to life (scale wise) than any other sim .
    There is still some bad stutters even when my GPU is not quite 99% and is even there when just me on track . Kunos need to work that out but for a 0.2 version , id say its great . Sounds are delicious and FFB is also ! really great fun and yeah Haiden the lighting is very nice as is the rain effects and not having that pC2 shimmer is 100% worth the $25 alone

Hope your foot gets better soon
    Have you tried these other UE4 suggested settings (added below those 4 lines)?

vr.PixelDensity=1.4
    r.SeparateTranslucency=0
    r.HZBOcclusion=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.SSR.Quality=1
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFormat=3
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.FastBlurThreshold=0
    r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
    r.RHICmdBypass=0
    r.DetailMode=1
    r.RefractionQuality=2
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
    sg.ShadowQuality=2
    Last edited by sherpa25; 18-10-2018 at 10:54.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpa25 View Post
    There's a FFB bar below the Throttle/Brake display, turns red when clipping, I believe.

A few these seem to be duplicates of controls that are already in the Video Options screen. Why not just set them there?

The in-game clipping meter doesn't show you if you're clipping at the wheel level. It only shows in-game clipping.
    Last edited by Haiden; 18-10-2018 at 11:15.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Platform
    PC

vr.PixelDensity=1.4
    r.SeparateTranslucency=0
    r.HZBOcclusion=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.SSR.Quality=1
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFormat=3
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.FastBlurThreshold=0
    r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
    r.RHICmdBypass=0
    r.DetailMode=1
    r.RefractionQuality=2
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
    sg.ShadowQuality=2
    Yeah mate , i added them all and removed one at a time and ended up with these left ! If you look at post #993 of this thread you can see my starting settings !

[ConsoleVariables]
    r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
    r.TemporalAASamples=4
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
    vr.PixelDensity=1.4
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4

I found SSR and Bloom 0 topped off the image after pixel density 1.4
    I think some may be placebo but those three are definite improvements .
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    A few these seem to be duplicates of controls that are already in the Video Options screen. Why not just set them there?

The in-game clipping meter doesn't show you if you're clipping at the wheel level. It only shows in-game clipping.
    Not sure about redundancy, was just sharing those suggestions on the UE engine.

For wheel clipping, what tools are there to measure such at the wheel level? Was just aware of those in-game, and the wheelcheck app (showed my previous G27 dipping around 90%, if that would represent clipping point too... havent tested with my T300 yet).

Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Yeah mate , i added them all and removed one at a time and ended up with these left ! If you look at post #993 of this thread you can see my starting settings !

[ConsoleVariables]
    r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
    r.TemporalAASamples=4
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
    vr.PixelDensity=1.4
    r.SSR.Quality=0
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=4

I found SSR and Bloom 0 topped off the image after pixel density 1.4
    I think some may be placebo but those three are definite improvements .
    I see. Ill check these out and compare Thanks.
    Last edited by sherpa25; 18-10-2018 at 14:19.
    PC: Asrock z370 Extreme4 (W10-x64) | i7-8700K | GSkill (2x8GB) | MSI 1080Ti Gaming X | Oculus Rift CV1 | XFX 650W CE | Samsung 860 Evo 250GB/500GB SSD
    Gear: T300RS / G27 pedals (Ricmotech Load Cell) | WSP v2

Platform
    PC
    For wheel clipping, what tools are there to measure such at the wheel level? Was just aware of those in-game, and the wheelcheck app (showed my previous G27 dipping around 90%, if that would represent clipping point too... havent tested with my T300 yet).
    Depends on the hardware, Accuforce comes with software, and the new Fanatec Podium series has a meter built into the firmware that shows in the LED display on the wheel. Not sure what the third-party options are, but there are probably tools you can use. Thing is, major clipping is usually easy to detect by feel. But the lower the percentage of peaks clipping, the harder it is to detect by feel.

The following user likes this Post: sherpa25

Platform
    PC
    Lol when I’m finally decided to buy AC I have to go through 1000 posts again..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just buy it! It's only 25 Euros. Game feels great, AI is amazing. I don't have VR, so you will either have to trust the guys above or visit the AC forums.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/324585340?t=00h24m48s
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Lol when I’m finally decided to buy AC I have to go through 1000 posts again..
    It's definitely worth the EA price. Even right now, it's in decent shape for an EA. So the final release can only be better.

The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, sherpa25