Page 140 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1513

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

  1. #1391
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    593
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I highly suggest to install Content Manager, Sol, Shaders Patch, and the Fonsecker sound mods. Those things take AC to a level that is really great. I am often stunned how good that game can look with the day/night transitions and the general graphics. For an older game, it still stands it's ground....
    Just to give one example. Setup a night race, with a grid of various different cars. Then, just for fun, turn down the AI strength and run the race while checking out their headlights in the mirror (I use fairly high mirror settings). Try to get different cars behind you and watch them in the mirrors. Many of the headlights look different, they have different colours/shades, some of them different patterns, etc......
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Haiden, Olijke Poffer


  2. #1392
    WMD Member MaximusN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Posts
    2,043
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    With LeMans just been run and rF2 releasing their laser scanned version i thought Id fire pC2 up and have a GT3, GTE, LMP1 and 2 race trying for a simulated/spead up 24hr race and the couldn't even finish a practice session before quiting and moving back to ACC. Although it looks pretty nice the FFB and car feel is just so awful.
    I'm now worried for AMS 2!
    Tried this yet?

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

    I'm pretty happy with what I have on my CSW2.5(T500 was/is fine too) so I have yet to try it(but I will!) but seeing such positive comments might make it what you are looking for.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V 1.5 Shifter, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

  3. #1393
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    2,982
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Tried this yet?

    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

    I'm pretty happy with what I have on my CSW2.5(T500 was/is fine too) so I have yet to try it(but I will!) but seeing such positive comments might make it what you are looking for.
    Thats what it says when i look at the FFB hud page , i did install his settings correctly !
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

  4. #1394
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,945
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    With LeMans just been run and rF2 releasing their laser scanned version i thought Id fire pC2 up and have a GT3, GTE, LMP1 and 2 race trying for a simulated/spead up 24hr race and the couldn't even finish a practice session before quiting and moving back to ACC. Although it looks pretty nice the FFB and car feel is just so awful.
    I'm now worried for AMS 2!
    That's pretty much how I am with it. Unless it's one of the exclusive tracks, I always just want to go back to something else. It looks pretty, but it's just lacking something. I know, for me, it's the sound and liveries. Neither of which create a real racing feel.

    You can set a 24 LeMans grid in AC. The track and cars you need are available in mods. And you can tweak their skill and aggression individually to create a really competitive grid.

    Edit: I think Reiza will make some improvements to the way the FFB is communicated. I think it's just the way SMS is rendering the FFB, not the model itself. My guess (or hope) is that Reiza will fine tune it. My big hope is that they can fix the audio.
    Last edited by Haiden; 17-06-2019 at 13:04.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

    Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, charliev69, Olijke Poffer


  5. #1395
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,945
    Platform
    PC
    Also... looks like Ilya (shader patch) is working on the particle generation for AC.

    Last edited by Haiden; 17-06-2019 at 23:21.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

    Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 9 users likes this Post: BigDad, Charger, GTsimms, Killso2, morpwr, MrTulip, Olijke Poffer, satco1066, Sean_S36


  6. #1396
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    412
    Platform
    PC
    I don't know exactly when this happened, but I think that since the release and 1.01 or 1.02 ACC has got pretty profound changes or bug fixes to its tyres (or differentials). Now it makes sense and I can actually think that it is in the same universe with the rest of the sims.

    I had a go with Bentley and Ferrari, and they both give much more leeway now compared to the final build a month ago and the first couple of patches. I can now attack the track with much more confidence and risk, sliding here and there, while previously the cars were either constantly plowing from quite small steering inputs or pirouetting even at low speeds. Earlier there was absolutely no chance of catching slides, or they resulted equally snappy tankslappers and complete loss of control, but now it is somewhere two thirds from iRacing to PCARS2.

    For the testing then and now I had set up preload to minimum and TC and ABS to zero, so that they would not mask throttle and brake response. As with PCARS2 I don't think they are needed at all anymore as long as you have some basic sense to the appliance of throttle and brakes. I also tested with both stable and aggressive setups; both were equally bad earlier but even aggressive setups are very manageable now.

    Or it could be changes in FFB, but ACC certainly became much more alive and less digital for me.
    Last edited by MrTulip; 23-06-2019 at 17:48.
    Intel i7-6900K 3.2@4.3 GHz | Asus X99-A USB3.1 | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX 2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel |TH8A H-shifter | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog


  7. #1397
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,192
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    I don't know exactly when this happened, but I think that since the release and 1.01 or 1.02 ACC has got pretty profound changes or bug fixes to its tyres (or differentials). Now it makes sense and I can actually think that it is in the same universe with the rest of the sims.

    I had a go with Bentley and Ferrari, and they both give much more leeway now compared to the final build a month ago and the first couple of patches. I can now attack the track with much more confidence and risk, sliding here and there, while previously the cars were either constantly plowing from quite small steering inputs or pirouetting even at low speeds. Earlier there was absolutely no chance of catching slides, or they resulted equally snappy tankslappers and complete loss of control, but now it is somewhere two thirds from iRacing to PCARS2.

    For the testing then and now I had set up preload to minimum and TC and ABS to zero, so that they would not mask throttle and brake response. As with PCARS2 I don't think they are needed at all anymore as long as you have some basic sense to the appliance of throttle and brakes. I also tested with both stable and aggressive setups; both were equally bad earlier but even aggressive setups are very manageable now.

    Or it could be changes in FFB, but ACC certainly became much more alive and less digital for me.
    IIRC they made some changes to the DOR...If that's outta whack Guaranteed Tank Slappers in mist corners...

    I also Find ACC very enjoyable!
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip


  8. #1398
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,192
    Platform
    PC
    Morpwr How is the New wheel???
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  9. #1399
    GT3 Pilot morpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,841
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Morpwr How is the New wheel???
    Im absolutely loving it. Im still figuring out all the new settings but its really good. I just tried one that completely changes everything. Static force reduction. Its kind of like power steering for your ffb is the best way to explain it. You can run much higher gains then normal and still have a normal wheel weight. Weird part is it feels really natural and right. No compromises with gain. ACC is Really good with this. Completely different game. Same goes for Pcars. Now I just need a day to sit down and play with settings.
    Last edited by morpwr; 28-06-2019 at 10:35.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bporion, GrimeyDog, Haiden, Olijke Poffer


  10. #1400
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,192
    Platform
    PC
    Nice

    ACC and AC are Really Really Good with a DD!!! I'm still in shock how much FFB effects and Feel I was missing with the v2.5!!! I've had AC for Years and Never really played it because the Feel just wasn't right, just Not enough detail in the FFB... it felt more like just varying wheel weight No real Bump Curb feel... But Now Im liking AC and ACC FFB even more than RRE Going DD is definitely a Game Changer!!! I will probably sign up for iRacing again... iRacing FFB felt very much like AC just varying wheel weight with No Real Curb Bump feel with the v2.5... but I know Now I was Missing alotta FFB detail that the v2.5 just couldn't put out.... v2.5 is still a Great wheel and Feels as Good as it can but DD as I have been told is a whole other level of FFB... I was skeptical and didn't believe it but I Now understand
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 28-06-2019 at 11:04.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Haiden, morpwr, Sean_S36


Similar Threads

  1. Must have and Best Mod for Assetto Corsa!!
    By BigDad in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 20-01-2017, 13:13
  2. Having some fun on Assetto Corsa..
    By girlracerTracey in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 11:05
  3. Assetto Corsa question...
    By Chuxsta in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-11-2015, 01:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •