Page 162 of 213 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2126

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Grimey,
    That might explain the weird behavior in the car I drove last night. I thought the throttle was acting funny but maybe not.
    Check to see what ECUMap you were on... I'm sticking with Linear throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Yeah... I know. I think you want 1-4, though for the Porsche, though. Option 8 is high power, but it's a quali mode that consumes a lot of fuel. I guess you could run it for short sprint races, but it doesn't seem suited for longer stints. Option 4, gives you linear throttle mapping with normal fuel rates.

This is good to know though for quali. With the rating system working like it does, sometimes the difference between P2 and P6 is like .200 - .300. Having quali tune ready with the right mapping is a good idea.
    I bet some are Running Qualify Map in Races just with a bit extra Fuel added... I wonder if extra Fuel weight could slow you down enough for Normal throttle Map to have a advantage...on Spa I was 2 secs Slower with same fuel load....Give it a test to see.

I don't think it will Hirt the Engine... I've done 10+ Laps with No Engine Damage.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Haiden, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Check to see what ECUMap you were on... I'm sticking with Linear throttle.

I bet some are Running Qualify Map in Races just with a bit extra Fuel added... I wonder if extra Fuel weight could slow you down enough for Normal throttle Map to have a advantage...on Spa I was 2 secs Slower with same fuel load....Give it a test to see.

I don't think it will Hirt the Engine... I've done 10+ Laps with No Engine Damage.

I was using the Lambo on 1 which like you said I figured was just the lowest setting. But it seemed like the throttle wasn't linear for maybe the first half travel? Where is that on the ACC forum?
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC

Yeah... that's what I mean, though. Most of the online races are short stints, like 15-20 minutes. That's only like 7-10 laps. But it would explain why there's always 1 or 2 guys a second ahead of the P3, but the gap between P3-P6 is only a couple tenths.

I don't think it will affect the engine. You'll just be running heavier, which might only be a factor at tracks like Spa and Monza. There is a linear throttle option with normal fuel rates, though.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    I was using the Lambo on 1 which like you said I figured was just the lowest setting. But it seemed like the throttle wasn't linear for maybe the first half travel? Where is that on the ACC forum?
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ntation.54472/

The per car Fuel map settings list.

Yeah... that's what I mean, though. Most of the online races are short stints, like 15-20 minutes. That's only like 7-10 laps. But it would explain why there's always 1 or 2 guys a second ahead of the P3, but the gap between P3-P6 is only a couple tenths.

I don't think it will affect the engine. You'll just be running heavier, which might only be a factor at tracks like Spa and Monza. There is a linear throttle option with normal fuel rates, though.
    Yes but Linear with Normal Fuel will be Slower... I'm Gonna Go with the Qualify Linear Map in the Porsche always and Cut down TCS to 1 or Off... I Have ECU mapped to the Rotary Function on XB1 Hub Toggle switch with ABS and TCS + & - Mapped to 2 separate Button Pods... so i can change them on the Fly.

The Porsche so far according to the list that Map1 is the Slowest setting... Really Weird they Did that...

The BMW Has some Odd ECU Settings also... But Im getting the Porsche Right 1st then the BMW... All others appear to be Normal where 1 is Fastest from what Ive seen but I havent studied the list thoroughly yet so i could be qrong on the other cars.... But the right ECU setting makes a Huge Diff in lap times... At Least with the Porsche i went from 2:28 to a 2:25 on Spa Easily... what is a Good time at Spa??? I have No Idea I dont like that track much but will learn to like it because ACC has a limited Track selection... I hope they add more tracks.... I would Love to see the Watkins Glen in ACC Yes I Know Im a Watkins Glen Junkie
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC

Yes but Linear with Normal Fuel will be Slower... I'm Gonna Go with the Qualify Linear Map in the Porsche always and Cut down TCS to 1 or Off... I Have ECU mapped to the Rotary Function on XB1 Hub Toggle switch with ABS and TCS + & - Mapped to 2 separate Button Pods... so i can change them on the Fly.

The Porsche so far according to the list that Map1 is the Slowest setting... Really Weird they Did that...

The BMW Has some Odd ECU Settings also... But Im getting the Porsche Right 1st then the BMW... All others appear to be Normal where 1 is Fastest from what Ive seen but I havent studied the list thoroughly yet so i could be qrong on the other cars.... But the right ECU setting makes a Huge Diff in lap times... At Least with the Porsche i went from 2:28 to a 2:25 on Spa Easily... what is a Good time at Spa??? I have No Idea I dont like that track much but will learn to like it because ACC has a limited Track selection... I hope they add more tracks.... I would Love to see the Watkins Glen in ACC Yes I Know Im a Watkins Glen Junkie
    For sure. It might get a little more complicated for longer race simulations, though. You'll have to adjust on the fly sometimes, depending the situation.

I don't know about good, but I got a 2:18.8 in the Porsche with a draft once in a race in AC. Other than that, my best was 2:19.1 in AC. I haven't tried it in ACC, yet.

What do you mean you don't like Spa? That's an awesome track. Super challenging, but very rewarding when you turn a good lap and close it off with a nice run through the bus stop without a hitch. The track has a great flow.
    Last edited by Haiden; 22-07-2019 at 21:40.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    What do you mean you don't like Spa? That's an awesome track. Super challenging, but very rewarding when you turn a good lap and close it off with a nice run through the bus stop without a hitch. The track has a great flow.
    Im Now Learning It does have Great Flow to it... ACC I'm Learning to like it Now... AC I liked it but Never drove AC too Much until the DD2... Going DD really put New Life in AC for Me Feeling FFB effects I Never knew was there before...

PC1 and 2 I Never Liked it Much... It just felt too Smooth with No Real Feel...

RRE I Never drove it Much until last Night when testing the AMG Gt3 Merc and Porsche comparing ACC, AC and Pcars.

Whats Gonna Make Me Not Like Spa even More is Getting My Arse Kicked in every Race until I Learn it.... Im gonna stick with it though

Edit: Yes Changing Fuel Strategy saved Me a Ranked Race in Pcars... Last Lap I was almost outta Fuel and had to switch to Slow setting... I Ran Outta Gas right before the Finish Line but had enough speed to Coast across for the win
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 22-07-2019 at 22:09.

Platform
    PC
    Im Now Learning It does have Great Flow to it... ACC I'm Learning to like it Now... AC I liked it but Never drove Ac too Much until the DD2... Going DD really put New Life in AC for Me Feeling FFB effects I Never knew was there before...

PC1 and 2 I Never Liked it Much... It just felt too Smooth with No Real Feel...

RRE I Never drove it Much until last Night when testing the AMG Gt3 Merc and Porsche comparing ACC, AC and Pcars.

Whats Gonna Maje Me Not Like Spa even More is Getting My Arse Kicked in every Race until I Learn it.... Im gonna stick with it though

Big thing with Spa is its super easy to kill your times over driving the corners. You can easily gain or lose a second in just the first corner alone. I don't know how many times ive been up by over a second down the straight and lost it all in the next 3 corners.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Big thing with Spa is its super easy to kill your times over driving the corners. You can easily gain or lose a second in just the first corner alone. I don't know how many times ive been up by over a second down the straight and lost it all in the next 3 corners.
    For sure. Pretty much ever corner leading to a flat out section should be entered slower than you initially think. Try braking a little earlier and you're amazed by how much time you gain on exit.

Platform
    PC
    For sure. Pretty much ever corner leading to a flat out section should be entered slower than you initially think. Try braking a little earlier and you're amazed by how much time you gain on exit.
    I do normally and im about where you are time wise. But I was watching the times in ACC the other night and was amazed at how much time I could gain and then lose quite easily. Spa looks relatively easy to drive and is but its tough to be fast on. Make a mistake in one corner and with many of them so close its screws up the next two or three and kills your time. But yes its almost like your better off under driving the track then trying to push for every last second.
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC

Turns out the Porsche is set to 8 by default, so it's already running high. That was the default on the Aggressive setup, I didn't check the Safe setup.

I worked with it a little last night. Not exactly sure what it is, but something about the setup feels a little different than the AC and RRE versions. I'm not sure if the brakes or the suspension, but the rear feels a lot looser on turn-in than in other titles. Doesn't take much for it to start rotating. Might be the rim, though, too. I keep driving it with the F1 rim, because I'm too lazy to switch...LOL

The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog