Page 172 of 213 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2128

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Has any 1 tried the " KTAA" Anti aliasing??? I just discovered it ... Works pretty Good and seems to Remove alot of the Ghosting that Temporal AA has...

Looked it up also... Found a Few answers about it on reddit and most say its Good but can impact FPS depending on hardware.

Can some one test the 3 AA settings to confirm what i see.... Im seeing KTAA as Better....

If you look at a Saved Replay Video from out side Rear Chase view... Look at the rear wing you can clearly see the Ghosting with Temporal AA...I even Notice it while Racing Going through turns with alot of trees you can see the Ghosting But it makes the trees look like the movement stuttering... But its Ghosting.
    I remember all the new modes a while back. IIRC, some of them did remove the ghosting, but there was always a trade off. In the end, I stuck with Temporal because the ghosting was the only downside, but the overall visual looked better.

That said, I picked up a new GPU yesterday--2080 Super. After turning almost everything up to Epic, I noticed the ghosting was gone. I no longer see it when racing, and don't recall seeing in on replay anymore either. I forgot to actual give the replay a hard look last night after I noticed the gameplay had improved, but I'm pretty sure I don't remember seeing it. It was always hard to miss while watching a replay.

You should try adjusting your settings, because I don't see it anymore at all in gameplay. It was welcome change in ACC, because that was one of the few visual dings I have for it.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Even with the 2080ti with a Mix of Epic and High settings using "Temporal" AA a side Effect is Ghosting....

"KTAA" AA setting removes the Ghosting.... I only discovered it a day or 2 ago after I opted into the ACC Beta...I have No Clue if its in the Non Beta Version.

Congrats on the New GPU.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 10-08-2019 at 17:09.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Even with the 2080ti with a Mix of Epic and High settings using "Temporal" AA a side Effect is Ghosting....

"KTAA" AA setting removes the Ghosting.... I only discovered it a day or 2 ago after I opted into the ACC Beta...I have No Clue if its in the Non Beta Version.

Congrats on the New GPU.
    KTAA came out an update or two ago.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Duh.... Ok I just figured out playing ACC in 4k that i don't have to play with All the Graphics settings to get a Solid 60FPS in Full Storm Condition Race with Full Grid.... I can Simply turn down the Resolution Slider....

FWIW I dunno why any 1 wants to Race in Full Storm Conditions you can't see anything Especially with Volumetric Fog setting on High also If its a Car in front of you you can't see through the water Spray of the tires.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 12-08-2019 at 00:02.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Duh.... Ok I just figured out playing ACC in 4k that i don't have to play with All the Graphics settings to get a Solid 60FPS in Full Storm Condition Race with Full Grid.... I can Simply turn down the Resolution Slider....

FWIW I dunno why any 1 wants to Race in Full Storm Conditions you can't see anything Especially with Volumetric Fog setting on High also If its a Car in front of you you can't see through the water Spray of the tires.

I had a race do that the other day. Practice and qualifying were clear then the race it rained and the mist was so bad I couldn't see more then a car length in front of me. There no way a race wouldn't get flagged if visibility was that bad.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I had a race do that the other day. Practice and qualifying were clear then the race it rained and the mist was so bad I couldn't see more then a car length in front of me. There no way a race wouldn't get flagged if visibility was that bad.
    Maybe you not old enough to remember but this happened

And this

A bit of water never hurt anybody
    Last edited by BigDad; 12-08-2019 at 11:19.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bporion, GrimeyDog, Haiden, morpwr, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Maybe you not old enough to remember but this happened

And this

A bit of water never hurt anybody

If it was like that id be ok with it but in ACC you cant see more then a car length in front and even then youre guessing. Anyone that lives where it snows or you get those torrential rains knows what im talking about where you are looking for a spot in the windshield just to be able to see something. No way id be going 100mph plus in that.lol

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    If it was like that id be ok with it but in ACC you cant see more then a car length in front and even then youre guessing. Anyone that lives where it snows or you get those torrential rains knows what im talking about where you are looking for a spot in the windshield just to be able to see something. No way id be going 100mph plus in that.lol
    Are you talking about VR or 2D? I haven't seen conditions like you're describing in ACC. All wet weather racing I've been in the visibility has been impaired, sometimes greatly, but it's always been driveable.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Platform
    PC

Congrats on the New GPU.
    I checked various settings. I only ghosting when I set AA to High. When AA is set to Epic, there's not ghosting. If I looked really, really close at the screen, I can see a tiny bit, in replay. Again, a tiny bit. But it's like 99.5% gone when I run AA on Epic. The other AA settings also remove ghosting, but I don't think the AA is as good, and the image doesn't look as good.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Are you talking about VR or 2D? I haven't seen conditions like you're describing in ACC. All wet weather racing I've been in the visibility has been impaired, sometimes greatly, but it's always been driveable.
    VR so maybe its a setting issue? But yeah its bad. If you get near a car its impossible to see anything in front of you. Even moving offline doesn't help a lot.