Page 174 of 212 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2111

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Haiden what monitor do you have??? I'm looking at the Samsung 49in but it says Free sync which is AMD... Don't I Need Gsync because I have a Asus card.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...g-qled-monitor

all of these are Samsung 49in Curved Monitors

Its the Newest 1... Its $1500. its QLED, 120Hz but resolution is 5120 1440...

$899. monitor specs are 144Hz the resolution is 3820 1080

$799. monitor specs are 120Hz and resolution is 3840 1200

I'm very Curious to see How Much of a Difference it will Really Make to Improve Visual Quality....It just don't seem right Now to have a 2080ti and be locked down @60FPS any longer.
    I have this one. It's 3440 x 1440 at 100 Hz default, 120 Hz Overclocked (a boost setting you just turn on), 4ms response.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/alie...or-accessories

It was between that and the Samsung. I went with the Alienware, because the Samsung was a little shorter and was just too wide for me. I don't like how it warps the dashboard and side mirrors. Yes, it's curved, but the curve isn't sharp enough to put the side objects alongside you like they should be. Looks strange to me.

Also, I knew I wasn't giving up on VR. I figured, if I wanted full immersion, I could always boot up VR. But, to my surprise, I don't even miss VR anymore. I actually prefer racing on 2D now. It's gorgeous, butter smooth, and I like see my own hands and hardware.

I think that's your only choice--whether or not to ultra or superwide. I'm assuming a ti could run that resolution at 120 Hz, but you might want to look into that.

As for G-Sync/Free-Sync, I believe Free-Sync now works with Nvidia GPUs.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Thanks... On My way to Micro Center Now... Once I get there and see it up close and personal I will know exactly what i want to do.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Thanks... On My way to Micro Center Now... Once I get there and see it up close and personal I will know exactly what i want to do.
    Keep the receipt, but I think you'll see and appreciate the difference between the faster speed over a little extra resolution. I know I was very impressed and kind of kicked myself for not doing it sooner.

One thing, though. I'm sure mounting makes a big difference. I have mine mounted 22" from by head, and positioned right behind the wheel. If it were further away, the FOV wouldn't be the same. Keep that in consideration.

Edit: Also... I don't do anything but sim race on with monitor, but I don't think that would make a difference. I used to game on PC, and this monitor is bigger and better than anything I've had in the past...LOL The other thing is... I haven't been able to get it to work with my Xbox1. Not sure if that's because the console is set to 60 Hz refresh or what. I read something about being able to set the Xb1 to 100 Hz. I didn't spend any time trying to figure it out, because I didn't really care. But the console works fine on other monitors. Again, it might have been something with settings, like output being set to display port instead of HDMI, refresh rates, etc. I wasn't trying to play the console, I just wanted to boot it up quick to check something.

But if you're going to use it with both, you might want to check that out.
    Last edited by Haiden; 12-08-2019 at 20:29.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Thanks For the info... I ended up getting the Newest 1because its QLED with higer Resolution and 4ms refresh rate.

Its really Nagging Me just killing Me having a 2080ti and having to use VSync and Locked at 60FPS.

I Really Hope I like it... Its Gonna take a Bit to get used to the Shorter screen from Top to Bottom... From Left to Right its Only 3/4in shorter than the TV i been using

Best part is Micro center sell it and also Taketh Back up to 30 days if its Not a Mind Blowing Game Changing experience... LOL... I think its a Keeper though... The Wife is already Laying Claim to what was the Man Kave Gaming TV... Im Not set up yet so I dunno how Her plans gonna work out yet LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190812_163623.jpg  

20190812_163741.jpg  

Last edited by GrimeyDog; 12-08-2019 at 22:27.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BigDad, bporion, John Hargreaves, Makman44

Platform
    PC
    Thanks For the info... I ended up getting the Newest 1because its QLED with higer Resolution and 4ms refresh rate.

Its really Nagging Me just killing Me having a 2080ti and having to use VSync and Locked at 60FPS.

I Really Hope I like it... Its Gonna take a Bit to get used to the Shorter screen from Top to Bottom... From Left to Right its Only 3/4in shirter than the TV i been using

Best part is Micro center sell it and also Taketh Back up to 30 days if its Not a Mind Blowing Game Changing experience... LOL... I think its a Keeper though... The Wife is already Laying Claim to what was the Man Kave Gaming TV... Im Not set up yet so I dunno how Her plans gonna work out yet LOL
    I think it would bug me too. That's a lot of card for 60 fps. I thought the height would bother me too. Mine's a little taller, but still way shorter than my 4K 55" TV. It wasn't an issue at all for me. You just see less roof or sky, but the view out the windshield isn't distorted. The only thing I had to get used to was having to use the virtual rear view in some cars, because the mirror is off screen or partially viewable. It bugged me for a day or two, now I don't even notice.

I think you'll find the smoothness to be surprising. Butter is the best way to describe it. It's just different in a really good way.

Also... remember to turn off V-Sync in your game settings and set the FPS limiter to 1 or 2 frames less than your target refresh rate for the G-Sync/Free-Sync. If the card is trying to match or exceed the refresh rate, the G-Sync will start to stutter.

Platform
    PC
    ACC with My Regular Mix Epic, High and Med settings ...Ok... Had a Hour with it and Sooo Far the WOW Factor has Not Struck Me

I figured out that 5120 1440 Looks Really Good and its the closest to playing in 4k that's a Great thing... The Down Side is that With My Regular settings I'm Not getting Much more than 60FPS constantly... FPS Going between 80 and 65... Never a Dip Below 60 but even on My 4k TV using Vsync FPS Never dipped below 60FPS.... Every Bench mark Video I see 4k seems to be the Great Equalizer where No matter what you don't get Much more than 60FPS constantly with today's CPU and GPU tech... Average 4k FPS i see is 65 to 87.... Now if that's really the Case then why Spend $1400.00 on a Monitor that's 5120 1440... Now I Know I will See a Huge Difference In RRE, AC and Probably Pcars2 but since Game are going to be following ACC Graphics trend at this point I chose to test and judge by the most demanding Game 1st.

Yes I could use the Next resolution down --> 3840 1080 with the same settings and get more FPS 80 --> 100 but that seems and looks the same as playing in 1080p just on a wider screen.

In Both Cases the Ghosting/Motion Blur is Reduced but 1st impression is Really Doesn't Look Much better than My 4k TV using "KTAA" Anti Aliasing.

I just adjusted Some Monitor Settings --> Set Response time to Quickest, Set Picture to Dynamic etc... But My First Impression is I'm Still waiting for the WOW Factor to Kick in

Edit: Just had a Brain Fart For the same price or less I could have went triples but I'm Not interested in triples Now until I see that future Games plan to support it.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 13-08-2019 at 00:09.

Platform
    PC
    ACC with My Regular Mix Epic, High and Med settings ...Ok... Had a Hour with it and Sooo Far the WOW Factor has Not Struck Me

I figured out that 5120 1440 Looks Really Good and its the closest to playing in 4k that's a Great thing... The Down Side is that With My Regular settings I'm Not getting Much more than 60FPS constantly... FPS Going between 80 and 65... Never a Dip Below 60 but even on My 4k TV using Vsync FPS Never dipped below 60FPS.... Every Bench mark Video I see 4k seems to be the Great Equalizer where No matter what you don't get Much more than 60FPS constantly with today's CPU and GPU tech... Average 4k FPS i see is 65 to 87.... Now if that's really the Case then why Spend $1400.00 on a Monitor that's 5120 1440... Now I Know I will See a Huge Difference In RRE, AC and Probably Pcars2 but since Game are going to be following ACC Graphics trend at this point I chose to test and judge by the most demanding Game 1st.

Yes I could use the Next resolution down --> 3840 1080 with the same settings and get more FPS 80 --> 100 but that seems and looks the same as playing in 1080p just on a wider screen.

In Both Cases the Ghosting/Motion Blur is Reduced but 1st impression is Really Doesn't Look Much better than My 4k TV using "KTAA" Anti Aliasing.

I just adjusted Some Monitor Settings --> Set Response time to Quickest, Set Picture to Dynamic etc... But My First Impression is I'm Still waiting for the WOW Factor to Kick in

Edit: Just had a Brain Fart For the same price or less I could have went triples but I'm Not interested in triples Now until I see that future Games plan to support it.
    Not really sure. Hang on to the receipt. For me, I prefer the high refresh/frames to 4K. To be honest, 4K vs 3440 x 1440 was never much of a visual difference for me. And while I may not be able to tell the difference between 120 Hz and 144 Hz, the difference between 60 and 120 is very clear.

Edit: Do you not see a difference between 60 Hz and 120 Hz? Or is that monitor 144 hz? That's double the frame rate. You should be able to see a difference.

Also $1400 is a lot for a monitor. I paid like $800- 850 for mine and the 49" Samsung was around the same price at the time. I would not pay $1400 for a monitor.
    Last edited by Haiden; 13-08-2019 at 01:25.

The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Sadly It won't do 3440 1440... Its 5120 1440 and the Next 1 lower is 3840 1080 and that's the same as 2 1080p monitors side by side so for Me its just Not worth it.... I also Really Like the Extra Screen Space top to Bottom and with the New Monitor it felt like i was Missing something.

I'm Gonna Dump it and Take it Back!!! I can't get over how Narrow the screen is... I like the Full Size Screen... I couldn't even make it through the Night with it its packed up Ready to Go Back to Micro center... It cost $1,500. and I'm Not seeing Huge Noteworthy Improvement over My Regular 4k tv because when playing in 4k you don't get Much more than 65 to 80FPS anyway so I rather save the Cash and use Vsync and Lock FPS to 60 because it looks almost just as smooth....

I'm gonna wait it out keep what i have for Now but My Next move is buy another 55in curved TV that supports Vsync... they already make Samsung & LG 55in TV's with Vsync and refresh rates are ~6ms.

My final thoughts are I'm Spoiled on Full Screen 4k Gaming... IMO for $1,500 that the WOW factor should have been instantly there!!! My Test Game was ACC because its the Most Demanding ... Ofcourse RRE and AC are going to flow silky Smooth with 100+ FPS in 4k they are Less demanding, No animated Sky, Sun Movement and have static Shadows... but truth is they All play Silky Smooth on My Regular 4k TV just a 60FPS... I Honestly don't see a big Enough difference to justify the upgrade.

Edit: Last week of My 3 week Vacation So I had a Free Day to Tear My Set up Down and See if I Really want to do a Large Monitor or even triples.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 13-08-2019 at 06:54.

Platform
    PC
    Sadly It won't do 3440 1440... Its 5120 1440 and the Next 1 lower is 3840 1080 and that's the same as 2 1080p monitors side by side so for Me its just Not worth it.... I also Really Like the Extra Screen Space top to Bottom and with the New Monitor it felt like i was Missing something.

I'm Gonna Dump it and Take it Back!!! I can't get over how Narrow the screen is... I like the Full Size Screen... I couldn't even make it through the Night with it its packed up Ready to Go Back to Micro center... It cost $1,500. and I'm Not seeing Huge Noteworthy Improvement over My Regular 4k tv because when playing in 4k you don't get Much more than 65 to 80FPS anyway so I rather save the Cash and use Vsync and Lock FPS to 60 because it looks almost just as smooth....

I'm gonna wait it out keep what i have for Now but My Next move is buy another 55in curved TV that supports Vsync... they already make Samsung & LG 55in TV's with Vsync and refresh rates are ~6ms.

My final thoughts are I'm Spoiled on Full Screen 4k Gaming... IMO for $1,500 that the WOW factor should have been instantly there!!! My Test Game was ACC because its the Most Demanding ... Ofcourse RRE and AC are going to flow silky Smooth with 100+ FPS in 4k they are Less demanding, No animated Sky, Sun Movement and have static Shadows... but truth is they All play Silky Smooth on My Regular 4k TV just a 60FPS... I Honestly don't see a big Enough difference to justify the upgrade.

Edit: Last week of My 3 week Vacation So I had a Free Day to Tear My Set up Down and See if I Really want to do a Large Monitor or even triples.
    Mine was on sale for like $850 when I got it. There's no way I'd pay $1500 for a monitor, especially if I was still only able to get 60 fps from it. In fact, that could have been why you didn't see much difference. You were only running 20 frames faster than before. The difference between 60 and 120 or 144 was noticeable to me. But I can't see the difference between 120 and 144, because its not that big of a leap. Also... V-Sync works great, but it doesn't do miracles, if you were only getting 60-80 for a 144 Hz monitor, then you were losing anywhere from 60-85 frames and that's a lot to ask V-Sync to handle. I doubt it was actually as smooth as it could be with a more reasonable frame loss or running at 120+ fps.

The screen size didn't bother me at all. With height, you only lose sky and rooftop, just dead space. Other than the mirror, it didn't matter much to me. Oh, well.... to each his own. At least you know. Well, kind of. If you were only getting 80 fps on that monitor, then you never really saw the smoothness and running it at 1080 p resolution wouldn't look good at. I'm glad I went with the Alienware.
    Last edited by Haiden; 13-08-2019 at 13:38.

Platform
    PC

All sims support triples, it's only ACC that doesn't, whoever came up with the great idea of 'let's use an engine for a sim that doesn't support triples or VR' in my book needs locking in a padded cell with a hug me jacket.

Triples are great for sim racing as you get to see near enough a 180 degree span and 3 x 32's can be had for half of what that 49" monitor costs.

I love my view.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190727_003416.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	272209
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog, Haiden, Olijke Poffer