Page 210 of 213 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2128

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

  1. #2091
    GT3 Pilot morpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,985
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Yes I feel the same and agree with this.

    Haiden also made very valid points Regarding Friction and Damping and I Confirm and Agree with his assessment of how Friction and Damping settings work... I had those sorted and set right a few months now... I just don't seem to like the unpredictable Nature of Dynamic Damping... Its Not Matching up to what I See on screen....Its seems to add wheel weight, Lessen wheel weight or Dampen the FFB Randomly almost as if its trying to predict what it thinks I'm going to do if if I go into a Corner Hot...and If I go in Slow it just adds weight... for Me it makes trail Braking and throttle steering very Slow and hard to be consistent.

    Yes I have and still experiment every update with Game FFB < 30, 35, 50 on wheel 50, 75, 100% I can drive either way dont matter much they all feel Great and very similar....I just settle to set the On wheel FFB at the Max Nm that I feel I Need... 25Nm is way too Much i keep it between 10 to 12Nm.

    Edit: Currently I'm on Monza feeling Dynamic Damping On vs Off and Off is feeling Really Nice... The First Slow turn feels Horrible with it on.. Wheel weight and Grip feel varies too much from lap to lap running the same lines with times that are within .300

    IMO Monza is a Good track to test it because its has a good mix of Fast and Slow speed turns.
    He did.

    It just seems to me it(dynamic dampening) adds unnecessary weight and dampens the subtle stuff you want to feel to the point you lose most of it. If youre happy with it gain that way just run it. You have to remember my wheel weight is probably similar to yours just set differently. But I agree there is no way you could drive it at 20 plus nm. I try some of these guys settings and all I can think of is I don't know what kinds of cars they have driven but there is no way any car is that hard to turn much less race it like that. Its like driving a power steering car that isn't running.lol
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

  2. #2092
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,391
    Platform
    PC
    Dynamic Damping Random thought.

    No Debating i just want to discuss the topic.

    Are we really sure Dynamic Damping is the best for DD wheels???

    The Reason i ask is because Dynamic Damping adds wheel weight but will Dampen FFB Forces Ex: Rumble Strips and Bumps... Because of this it seems that Dynamic Damping may be best suited for Consumer Non DD wheels that are subject to Clipping under Heavy wheel weight and FFB Spikes caused by Rumble strips and Bumps.... DD wheels have No problem putting out Heavy Wheel Weight, Rumble Strip and Bump feel at the same time.

    For Me Dynamic Damping Doesn't feel Good... It either Adds too Much wheel weight or Takes away too Much wheel weight and Dampens too Much FFB Feel.

    Dynamic Damping seems to be working as its intended...but Due to the Nature of How it works I'm Questioning if its really intended for DD wheels because DD wheels can put out a much broader range of wheel weight and FFB feel at the same time without clipping than Consumer Non DD wheels.

    Any have any thoughts on this?
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  3. #2093
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,149
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    That was old stuff from AC but its carried over for some reason. It was to fix oscillation issues on straights which normally was caused by setting stuff too high. Usually all it took was turning something down a little. But nobody wants to hear that.lol Ive been able to make every wheel ive owned oscillate when something is set to high. Basically its the wheel trying too hard to self center. Personally I don't use it because it just dampens the ffb. I think our wheels are a better choice if you want to add some. Its not a huge difference with dynamic dampening on but its definitely noticeable .
    It's not old from AC. That was the Gyro setting. The direction to set Dynamic Dampening to 100 came early on, in ACC's EA when people were complaining about the FFB. It was even then shared in numerous ACC review videos. It was said to set it and forget it.

    I haven't tried it without since. I'll give it a shot tonight. But with it on, I've had no pace issues at all. In fact, my track rating is 97. Car control is easy, and I've matched or bested my pace in same car/track combos in other sims. It's strange because I don't feel the loss of fidelity you guys mention. Rumble strips, bumps, etc... They're all fine.

    Since I haven't turned off Dynamic Dampening since early EA, I should be able to immediately feel the difference of any fidelity improvements.
    Last edited by Haiden; 14-11-2019 at 14:28.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  4. #2094
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,391
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    That was old stuff from AC but its carried over for some reason. It was to fix oscillation issues on straights which normally was caused by setting stuff too high. Usually all it took was turning something down a little. But nobody wants to hear that.lol Ive been able to make every wheel ive owned oscillate when something is set to high. Basically its the wheel trying too hard to self center. Personally I don't use it because it just dampens the ffb. I think our wheels are a better choice if you want to add some. Its not a huge difference with dynamic dampening on but its definitely noticeable .
    Even with Dynamic Damper Off I get No Oscillations because I use the on wheel damper setting.... Last Night I tried in Game Dynamic Damper On and On wheel Damper Off and In Game Dynamic Damper Still Feels Weird... It adds too Much wheel weight or Dampens Too Much Road Feel and makes it hard for Me to feel when the car is at the Edge of Grip Limits.

    I'm Currently Not using Fanalab software with ACC... Its Ok but Needs to be developed more.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-11-2019 at 15:44.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  5. #2095
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,149
    Platform
    PC
    From what I understand, Dynamic Dampening was not meant for oscillation control. And I've never had any oscillation issues in ACC, with or without Dynamic Dampening.

    Here's one of the videos I remembering seeing a while back in EA about Dynamic Dampening. When I first started with ACC, I did exactly like he did and set it to 0, because I thought it was going to kill the fidelity. But after they talked about Dynamic Dampening and how it helps for slides and car control, I raised it, and it totally improved the slip feel.

    Morpwr, what he's saying sounds exactly like your complaints about the slip drop off being too quick and not being able to detect when it's approaching threshold. That's exactly how I felt until I raise Dynamic Dampening. He even mentions the same difficulty driving without TC and ABS, like you mentioned.



    It does sound like there's some room to play for personal preference, though. I'm going to try it at other settings tonight to see how it affects the feel. But watching this again just now, I remembered that before raising it, I was also having issues feeling slip and other things. That all went away when I raised it. I don't remember if I tried other settings (below 100) or not, though.
    Last edited by Haiden; 14-11-2019 at 15:52.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  6. #2096
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,391
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    From what I understand, Dynamic Dampening was not meant for oscillation control. And I've never had any oscillation issues in ACC, with or without Dynamic Dampening.

    Here's one of the videos I remembering seeing a while back in EA about Dynamic Dampening. When I first started with ACC, I did exactly like he did and set it to 0, because I thought it was going to kill the fidelity. But after they talked about Dynamic Dampening and how it helps for slides and car control, I raised it, and it totally improved the slip feel.

    Morpwr, what he's saying sounds exactly like your complaints about the slip drop off being too quick and not being able to detect when it's approaching threshold. That's exactly how I felt until I raise Dynamic Dampening. He even mentions the same difficulty driving without TC and ABS, like you mentioned.



    It does sound like there's some room to play for personal preference, though. I'm going to try it at other settings tonight to see how it affects the feel. But watching this again just now, I remembered that before raising it, I was also having issues feeling slip and other things. That all went away when I raised it. I don't remember if I tried other settings (below 100) or not, though.
    Note He has FFB Gain set 75...I use the same FFB settings that he has in the Video Except i have road feel @25% and his Road Feel is at 51%....Take a look at the video 4:45 thru 5:15 into it where he runs off the Road into the Dirt... You will See how Dynamic Damping is Damping/Muting the FFB also... using a Small Midge DD No way could he just Calmly steer the car over the Curb and outta the Grass without some Fight and Effort.... Even with My Road Feel 1/2 of his setting if I hit the Curbs and Grass like that the wheel puts up a Fight... and that's with on wheel FFB 35% which is same or Less than a Small Midge DD puts out.

    Also its a 2018 video and a Few updates old so we can't be 100% sure what adjustments were made regarding the FFB and Dynamic Dpg calculation.


    Personal FFB Preference is more than likely a big part to decide to use Dynamic Dpg or Not... For Me it Dampens the FFB more than I like and makes cars harder to predict.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-11-2019 at 16:35.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  7. #2097
    GT3 Pilot morpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,985
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    It's not old from AC. That was the Gyro setting. The direction to set Dynamic Dampening to 100 came early on, in ACC's EA when people were complaining about the FFB. It was even then shared in numerous ACC review videos. It was said to set it and forget it.

    I haven't tried it without since. I'll give it a shot tonight. But with it on, I've had no pace issues at all. In fact, my track rating is 97. Car control is easy, and I've matched or bested my pace in same car/track combos in other sims. It's strange because I don't feel the loss of fidelity you guys mention. Rumble strips, bumps, etc... They're all fine.

    Since I haven't turned off Dynamic Dampening since early EA, I should be able to immediately feel the difference of any fidelity improvements.
    From what I understood its basically an evolution of gyro. Maybe things have changed since the last time I tried it on. Every time I tried it before it just didn't work but they have made some major improvements to the ffb with the last couple updates. Ill have to try it again tonight and see how it feels on.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

  8. #2098
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,149
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Note He has FFB Gain set 75...I use the same FFB settings that he has in the Video Except i have road feel @25% and his Road Feel is at 51%....Take a look at the video 4:45 thru 5:15 into it where he runs off the Road into the Dirt... You will See how Dynamic Damping is Damping/Muting the FFB also... using a Small Midge DD No way could he just Calmly steer the car over the Curb and outta the Grass without some Fight and Effort.... Even with My Road Feel 1/2 of his setting if I hit the Curbs and Grass like that the wheel puts up a Fight... and that's with on wheel FFB 35% which is same or Less than a Small Midge DD puts out.

    Also its a 2018 video and a Few updates old so we can't be 100% sure what adjustments were made regarding the FFB and Dynamic Dpg calculation.


    Personal FFB Preference is more than likely a big part to decide to use Dynamic Dpg or Not... For Me it Dampens the FFB more than I like and makes cars harder to predict.
    You're talking about current ACC. This video is a year old. The FFB wasn't like that back then. There wasn't much curb/bump/texture feel, and the tire model only had a single point contact patch. It was totally possible to run curbs in the early versions without any fight.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773

  9. #2099
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,391
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    From what I understood its basically an evolution of gyro. Maybe things have changed since the last time I tried it on. Every time I tried it before it just didn't work but they have made some major improvements to the ffb with the last couple updates. Ill have to try it again tonight and see how it feels on.
    Good read from some one on KS Dev team about Dyn Dpg.

    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i.../#post-1005331
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr


  10. #2100
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    4,149
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    From what I understood its basically an evolution of gyro. Maybe things have changed since the last time I tried it on. Every time I tried it before it just didn't work but they have made some major improvements to the ffb with the last couple updates. Ill have to try it again tonight and see how it feels on.
    Yes. It was said to be an evolution of Gyro, but I don't think this iteration of it is meant for oscillation control.

    That's what I'm thinking (the bold above). It definitely worth playing with. Gonna try it tonight to see how it feels without Dynamic Dampening, and also at different quarter intervals (25, 50 ,75). If it makes it feel any better than it already does, that's going to cause problem with my hobby/life balance...LOL.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

    Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr


Similar Threads

  1. Must have and Best Mod for Assetto Corsa!!
    By BigDad in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 20-01-2017, 14:13
  2. Having some fun on Assetto Corsa..
    By girlracerTracey in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 11:05
  3. Assetto Corsa question...
    By Chuxsta in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-11-2015, 02:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •