Page 211 of 213 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2126

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    You're talking about current ACC. This video is a year old. The FFB wasn't like that back then. There wasn't much curb/bump/texture feel, and the tire model only had a single point contact patch. It was totally possible to run curbs in the early versions without any fight.
    Yes agree and Noted in prior post video is from 2018 and we cant be 100% sure how much has changed regarding FFB and Dyn Dpg calculations.

But still Dyn Dpg as Described by the KS Dev works principally the same... and from what I feel it takes away Road Feel and Adds wheel weight especially in Fast corners like at Monza that tend to simulate speed/G Forces with wheel weight but a track like 2018 Silverstone it feels better because the turns aren't as fast so Dyn Dpg isn't Muting/ Damping Road and Tire Feel with Extra added wheel weight.

My Question is even though Dynamic Damping seems to be working as its intended...Due to the Nature of How it works is if its really Needed for DD wheels because DD wheels can put out a much broader range of wheel weight and FFB feel at the same time without clipping than Consumer Non DD wheels... Seems based on How Dyn Dpg works its better suited for Non DD wheels to help reduce clipping In Fast corners when wheel is under heavy load.

Just Random thoughts, Random Questions to discuss and to see what opinions are.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-11-2019 at 17:21.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Yes agree and Noted in prior post video is from 2018 and we cant be 100% sure how much has changed regarding FFB and Dyn Dpg calculations.

But still Dyn Dpg as Described by the KS Dev works principally the same... and from what I feel it takes away Road Feel and Adds wheel weight especially in Fast corners like at Monza that tend to simulate speed/G Forces with wheel weight but a track like 2018 Silverstone it feels better because the turns aren't as fast so Dyn Dpg isn't Muting/ Damping Road and Tire Feel with Extra added wheel weight.

My Question is even though Dynamic Damping seems to be working as its intended...Due to the Nature of How it works is if its really Needed for DD wheels because DD wheels can put out a much broader range of wheel weight and FFB feel at the same time without clipping than Consumer Non DD wheels... Seems based on How Dyn Dpg works its better suited for Non DD wheels to help reduce clipping In Fast corners when wheel is under heavy load.

Just Random thoughts, Random Questions to discuss and to see what opinions are.
    Can't really say until I try it tonight. I do know that even before adding Dynamic Dampening, clipping and oscillation was never an issue in ACC. If it's killing fidelity, I should be able to notice immediately, because I've had that set to 100 for a very long time. This day job thing is very annoying, because I'm very curious to know how it feels now...LOL
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    Can't really say until I try it tonight. I do know that even before adding Dynamic Dampening, clipping and oscillation was never an issue in ACC. If it's killing fidelity, I should be able to notice immediately, because I've had that set to 100 for a very long time. This day job thing is very annoying, because I'm very curious to know how it feels now...LOL
    Agree... I too had it set to 100% for a long time... Some how after last update it was set to 0... When I realized it was set to 0 i set it to 100% and immediately felt the difference... For Me Dyn Dpg it really feels weird Now like its replacing Road Feel with wheel weight.

Also Agree on the Day Job point... Good thing is I get off at 1:30pm and its 12:50 Yup that sounds Great until My alarm goes off at 4AM
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-11-2019 at 17:52.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Platform
    PC
    Yes. It was said to be an evolution of Gyro, but I don't think this iteration of it is meant for oscillation control.

That's what I'm thinking (the bold above). It definitely worth playing with. Gonna try it tonight to see how it feels without Dynamic Dampening, and also at different quarter intervals (25, 50 ,75). If it makes it feel any better than it already does, that's going to cause problem with my hobby/life balance...LOL.
    Girlfriend is gone for the next 2 days so I have some free time.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Haiden, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    I just spent the last two hours going back and forth between dd at 100 and off. Honestly other then maybe a slight lightening of the wheel I couldn't feel much difference and my lap times where identical on or off. Its definitely different then the last time I tried it. Grimey you didn't change the hz rate by accident did you? I know anything but 333hz for me kills the ffb.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Nope... FFB is 333Hz... I'm probably used to playing with it Off Now... I don't really even know how long its been off for Me... Probably Weeks...and at the very least since the Last ACC update!!....While your more used to it being on.... Dny Dpg adding extra weight or Creating lighter FFB & Wheel weight seems Huge if your Not used to it... It makes the wheel feel like its clipping because everything Goes Flat.

Platform
    PC
    I only got a little bit of racing time late last night. I started with Dynamic Dampening off, so that's coming to it after racing with it at 100% since the second EA build. I barely noticed any difference. I felt a little lighter, but not much else. After a few laps, I turned it back on at 100%, and immediately noticed a difference in feel. My first thought was that the fidelity had been decreased. But then after a few laps, I realized the feel was still there, just different. With the D-Dampening on, it felt much much smoother, but the slip feel was still present and in some ways a bit more pronounced.

Thinking about how D-Dampening made the wheel a little heavier, I turned it off again, but raised the in-game Gain a bit. After doing that, they really felt even more similar. I added one click of wheel-side dampening (0.39%), and then it felt very good, almost as smooth as with D-Dampening.

I'm going to go back to it this afternoon and do some longer stints which each. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the trade off with D-Dampening might be that the drop off can vary, particularly in medium speed corners.

Using D-Dampening, I've never felt anything like clipping, though, even when racing Formula 1 cars flat out through corners that generate the highest lateral forces.

Might learn something new later today, but it really seems like a preference thing, because whatever it's doing, it's not really affecting my lap times. We'll see what happens over longer stints.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Platform
    PC
    I only got a little bit of racing time late last night. I started with Dynamic Dampening off, so that's coming to it after racing with it at 100% since the second EA build. I barely noticed any difference. I felt a little lighter, but not much else. After a few laps, I turned it back on at 100%, and immediately noticed a difference in feel. My first thought was that the fidelity had been decreased. But then after a few laps, I realized the feel was still there, just different. With the D-Dampening on, it felt much much smoother, but the slip feel was still present and in some ways a bit more pronounced.

Thinking about how D-Dampening made the wheel a little heavier, I turned it off again, but raised the in-game Gain a bit. After doing that, they really felt even more similar. I added one click of wheel-side dampening (0.39%), and then it felt very good, almost as smooth as with D-Dampening.

I'm going to go back to it this afternoon and do some longer stints which each. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the trade off with D-Dampening might be that the drop off can vary, particularly in medium speed corners.

Using D-Dampening, I've never felt anything like clipping, though, even when racing Formula 1 cars flat out through corners that generate the highest lateral forces.

Might learn something new later today, but it really seems like a preference thing, because whatever it's doing, it's not really affecting my lap times. We'll see what happens over longer stints.
    Yes It seems to Vary a tad bit too Much for My liking... These Variations are unpredictable and hard to judge the cars Grip when pushing hard... add to it Varying Track temps due to time shift at 12 and for It gets even harder to judge if your over Driving, tires are Hot/ getting Cold or if its Dyn Dpg kicking in... With Dyn Dpg Off and time shift at 12 the wheel weight changes progressively according to How hard I'm pushing the car, track/tire temps but its always Consistent and Predictable due to No Artificial interference... Dyn Dpg can be Good but i would probably have to readjust My wheel settings to really make it feel right and adjust My Driving Habits to be able to adjust to it....I like to Trail Brake and Throttle steer and Dyn Dpg makes that harder for Me to do... Probably because Im Not used to it.

Also I didnt really Mean the wheel was clipping Due to Dyn Dpg but it feels like it when Dyn Dpg kicks in unexpectedly and causes the FFB to Vary in unpredictable ways.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Yes It seems to Vary a tad bit too Much for My liking... These Variations are unpredictable and hard to judge the cars Grip when pushing hard... add to it Varying Track temps due to time shift at 12 and for It gets even harder to judge if your over Driving, tires are Hot/ getting Cold or if its Dyn Dpg kicking in... With Dyn Dpg Off and time shift at 12 the wheel weight changes progressively according to How hard I'm pushing the car, track/tire temps but its always Consistent and Predictable due to No Artificial interference... Dyn Dpg can be Good but i would probably have to readjust My wheel settings to really make it feel right and adjust My Driving Habits to be able to adjust to it....I like to Trail Brake and Throttle steer and Dyn Dpg makes that harder for Me to do... Probably because Im Not used to it.

Also I didnt really Mean the wheel was clipping Due to Dyn Dpg but it feels like it when Dyn Dpg kicks in unexpectedly and causes the FFB to Vary in unpredictable ways.
    I understood you. That's what I mean, though. D-Dampening has never felt like clipping to me. The variance I was referring to was how when you're braking into a medium speed corner and nearing the threshold on the front tires, as you're closing on the apex, the D-Dampening seems to want to change due to the decrease in speed, adding weight to the wheel, which I interpret as grip, but it's not, and then suddenly I'm understeering.

But I wonder how much of that is just because I'm going from one setting to the other, because I can't say that's been a problem for me before last night, after driving with D-Dampening off for a while and coming back to it. Sometimes, when switching from one setting to another, the new setting feels off or numb, but only because you haven't learned how to interpret certain things yet. It's rendering everything the old settings did, but some things slightly different. Like British vs. American English. We basically have the same words at our disposal. We just use them a slight bit differently. Once you learn the variances, the messages are the same.

Platform
    PC
    I'm pretty Much 100% sure that I don't like Dyn Dpg with this Version of ACC... It seems to take away more feel than it adds... With the Older Version when it was only 1 contact patch Dyn Dpg felt ok I guess because the FFB and Physics feel didn't feel as Vibrant as it is Now.

While Dyn Dpg seems to boil down to personal preference and works fine on DD wheels I'm really wondering if its Really Needed and Does it Enhance or Diminish DD wheels FFB??? DD wheels can put out the Full Range Of FFB forces even in corners where the wheel weight is very Heavy... Seems that Dyn Dpg may help and be more beneficial to Non DD wheels that cant put out the Full Range if FFB forces while under Heavy wheel weight load.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 15-11-2019 at 23:47.