Page 84 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Platform
    PC
    I think with all the hoohaa about the Unreal engine I was expecting something a bit more striking in the visuals. As said above, there is a kind of fuzziness to things which feels a bit odd, and it doesn't seem to be any great leap forward graphically. Replays are nice though, but I find the vignette effect a bit overdone.
    I thought physics, FFB and handling were ok, but back to back with PC2 the car feels far less alive to me, no squirming under braking, less of a feel as to what's going on under your wheels. It seems decent enough, but there is nothing striking about it at this stage for me yet, maybe it will get there, but you only get one chance to make a first impression.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cpcdem, GrimeyDog, Haiden, morpwr

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    So you are getting hammered tonight then?
    Already in the process...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves, mister dog, morpwr, zzjorzz

Platform
    PC
    Well I'm happy with what I've seen of ACC so far, smaller number of cars and tracks will lead to a tight and focussed development. Not a major leap forward over PC2 IMO, in fact almost identical in many ways. According to many "fanboys" its already the sim to end all sims! LOL
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Haiden, John Hargreaves, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Well I'm happy with what I've seen of ACC so far, smaller number of cars and tracks will lead to a tight and focussed development. Not a major leap forward over PC2 IMO, in fact almost identical in many ways. According to many "fanboys" its already the sim to end all sims! LOL
    ACC??? Uh... Oh.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CoproManiac View Post
    I don't think this game was designed for controller users.
    I disagree. AC was undriveable with a controller and felt awful with a wheel. This is driveable with a controller, and has controller definitions pre-assigned. Some thought was given to controller use with this title.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    I disagree. AC was undriveable with a controller and felt awful with a wheel. This is driveable with a controller, and has controller definitions pre-assigned. Some thought was given to controller use with this title.
    Yeah the difference between the two on controller is staggering
    Tank's Motorsports and Gaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/Tank621/
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    PC3/R Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Not according to the amount of people saying its hard to believe the ffb is this bad. Myself included. Even people I would consider extreme ac fanboys have posted about it.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    @CoproManiac - thanks for the tip on F2 button. At least there are hot keys, but unfortunately still no way to map a specific keypress to a function. At least not when you use a wheel. I think it's missing the 'combine with keyboard input' check box (or something like that) that used to be in AC. Either that, or it maybe requires every keyboard input to be Alt+, or Ctrl+ or Shift+, or something. Which would be bad for button box users if that's key mapping method will continue.

@cpcdem - yep. Played around with 'resolution scale' and that made a big difference. Set that at about 130. Resolution back to 1920x1080. All the rest I was able to put on epic. Now looks good, and is not stressing the GPU too much. But whenever you go to menu system, for whatever reason the graphics card goes up to 99% load. I noticed there is a new Nvidia driver (haven't installed yet), so maybe that will also help some things?

I was getting a lot of screen tearing though (only with 1920x1080, higher resolutions I did not really see it). I think it was because I had the frame rate limit set to 60 (Vsync off). I turned the frame rate limit off, and turned on Vsync instead. Now I don't see any screen-tearing.

I forgot to mention the sparks. Night races, with the sparks, is really cool. Also in your rear-view mirror if you are the one making the sparks. Might be a bit over-done though??

At night, when in the car, the dash just glows way too brightly. Cannot even read the numbers. On one had, theres this neat glow around the dash, but you really cannot read the numbers or info at night. Maybe I have my TV set incorrectly, I don't know. I adjusted the overall saturation down to 90 and this helps a bit, but I hope they put a way to adjust that dash brightness..... it just seems too bright.

Also at night, the glow or reflection off of the other cars in front of you is really strong. It seems quite over done to me. When the cars in front are turning, the headlights seem to hit the side panels of the car just right. But if you're headlights are directly on the rear bumper of another car, the glow coming off the car is really quite bright and strange.

More and more I play with the menu system, particularly anything you need to load/save or confirm/cancel...... it's totally confusing. It reminds me a bit of using the AC setup system on PS4, which is for me a completely confusing interface. If I am able to load/save a setup on PS4, it's almost by luck...the interface is just so confusing to me.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I think there are way too many bugs/problems, even for EA, I will wait for the first update before I play a bit more with it. But the thing is that when PCARS2 was out, despite its problems I wanted to race in it all the time, every day, multiple hours (well to much extent I still do , but unfortunately with ACC this is not the case. Maybe it will get that extra "something" down the way, but I doubt it. Damn, I was so excited about it...

About the sparks, yes very nice, that was one thing that made me go wow (together with the sounds mainly)! About the GPU going almost 100% in the menu, some people said it has to do with the engine...I really doubt it, my guess is that they will fix this.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    I only did 2 laps at Nurburgring ; FFB felt very basic, tires are up to temp VERY quickly (didn't see the values but they were green in the hud after 1 lap), no grip fall off (it feels like a car that has a fully locked diff, and with too much throttle input the rear just goes immediately). Overall i expected something more advanced compared to PC2 and was disappointed ; maybe it's just too early yet, in any case i won't be shelving PC2 before a looong time
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP 4K Vivitek HK2288 / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3
    The following 3 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves, morpwr