Page 97 of 107 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa Competizione discussion

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    No offense, but people on this forum are no different. I can still remember the day someone opened a thread about Nicki Thiim trying out Project Cars 2...
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    a thread about Niki Thiim, trying out ACC would be appreciated
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, PostBox981, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    XBOX1
    It's pretty clear to me that Nicki Thiim didn't like it either when he tried it on release day. Anyways, in all fairness people have to give it time. There's nothing 'fanboyesque' in saying that. Why? Simple, because it's still a WIP. You can't cook a meal that takes 2 hours to cook and try it after 10 minutes before you add salt and some other ingredients and say it tastes horrible. ^^
    In the end it's going to be the same as every time when a new game launches. There will be some awesome aspects and awesome features and other things that don't make much sense etc. There will be things that work fine and there will be bugs. If you like it, fine, if you don't, then shelve it...
    Last edited by rich1e I; 12-10-2018 at 11:59.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FZA, mister dog

Platform
    PC
    So after a bit more time with it last night, I can say that it's definitely better than the impression I got from the first build, but still falling short in a lot of areas.

The no keyboard and mouse support is dumb. And the idea that it was intentional makes it worse, because if it was, then that means they were okay forcing VR users to have to quit and restart the title in 2D mode, just adjust key mappings. Right now, you can't edit key mappings in VR, and that makes zero sense.

The other annoyance is the inability to adjust FFB control settings from in session. That was a problem with AC, and I was hoping it would be resolved with ACC. Every other sim I play lets you adjust controls in session. It makes it very easy to tune the FFB. Still waiting for that option in AC. If it doesn't appear, it's a big oversight.

Graphics... I don't understand the complaint about the head not moving, just the eyes left and right, in VR. I have full head movement in VR. The things I don't like is that, in helmet view, the upper and lower edges of the face area move with inertia. It's annoying in VR set against the forward looking view. It makes me feel dizzy, so basically helmet view is useless to me in VR. I also don't know why the FOV changes so drastically when switching to helmet view. The view seems to push you further back in the seat and it looks strange.

Overall, though... While there are some strange things about the U4E, it's not terrible. There's some strange ghosting around the cars, and things in the distance aren't as clear as I'd like, but when my race transitioned to night, I was impressed by how well the engine handled the lighting. It looked really good. Performance wise, I haven't testing rain yet, but I was able to get a fairly stable 90 fps with just a GTX 1080 with decent mid-high balanced settings, but pushing the settings to a more med/high-epic balance, it ran at a stable 45 fps with ATW, and it didn't look bad.

That said, when I switched back to PCars2, I realized how much a graphic difference there was between the two. PCars2 definitely has the better engine right now. But the graphic differences don't seem to be large enough for me to care. I still enjoy R3E, so ACC will be fine for me. It's just not the graphic step forward I'd hoped.

FFB is... okay, I guess. It's definitely lacking, compared to PCars2. And I'm not really sure whether I'd say it's better than AC or not. If it is, it's not by much. But I have AC tuned well, and still need time to work with ACC. It doesn't feel bad, and even now, I can say I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tune it up to be okay. But, again, it's not the step forward I would have liked to have seen. The FFB still lacks the nuance I feel in PCars2. It just seems very lateral force focused in AC, loading up the wheel in corners, but not doing much to convey vertical loads and traction levels under braking or quick elevation changes. You just don't get the feel of tires skittering for grip. It's too bad the Nords won't be on the track list, because that's a track where the difference between AC and PCars2 are very noticeable. It's like Morpwr said above, you end up learning to hit your braking points, more than you do drive the track by feel. Again, not saying the FFB is bad. It's just not setting any standards.

Overall, it's going in the right direction and looks like it'll be fine. My only thing is, after a racing in ACC and then going back to PCars2, I realized two things... One, PCars2 looks and feels better. But, to be fair, it's not in EA. But the second issue I have is that when I switched back, I also realized, that currently ACC doesn't seem to offer any real reason to boot it up instead of PCars2. The overall GT3 driving experience is still better in PCars2. And since there's more than GT3 in PCars2, I'm going to find myself constantly looking for a reason to load up ACC instead, especially if the GUI continues to be such a punishing annoying mess for VR users.

I will say this though... Coming back to PCars2, I immediately found myself missing the sounds of ACC. Sound is such a big thing for me in sim racing, more so than graphics, and it just made me shake my head, because if PCars2 had the sound quality of ACC or R3E, it'd really be something special.
    Last edited by Haiden; 12-10-2018 at 14:39.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cpcdem, morpwr, satco1066, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    Haiden

just wondering if you made any changes to make the VR work as to me it is very blurry - cant read the dash and the distance is not clear either?

Thanks
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    So after a bit more time with it last night, I can say that it's definitely better than the impression I got from the first build, but still falling short in a lot of areas.

The no keyboard and mouse support is dumb. And the idea that it was intentional makes it worse, because if it was, then that means they were okay forcing VR users to have to quit and restart the title in 2D mode, just adjust key mappings. Right now, you can't edit key mappings in VR, and that makes zero sense.

The other annoyance is the inability to adjust FFB control settings from in session. That was a problem with AC, and I was hoping it would be resolved with ACC. Every other sim I play lets you adjust controls in session. It makes it very easy to tune the FFB. Still waiting for that option in AC. If it doesn't appear, it's a big oversight.

Graphics... I don't understand the complaint about the head not moving, just the eyes left and right, in VR. I have full head movement in VR. The things I don't like is that, in helmet view, the upper and lower edges of the face area move with inertia. It's annoying in VR set against the forward looking view. It makes me feel dizzy, so basically helmet view is useless to me in VR. I also don't know why the FOV changes so drastically when switching to helmet view. The view seems to push you further back in the seat and it looks strange.

Overall, though... While there are some strange things about the U4E, it's not terrible. There's some strange ghosting around the cars, and things in the distance aren't as clear as I'd like, but when my race transitioned to night, I was impressed by how well the engine handled the lighting. It looked really good. Performance wise, I haven't testing rain yet, but I was able to get a fairly stable 90 fps with just a GTX 1080 with decent mid-high balanced settings, but pushing the settings to a more med/high-epic balance, it ran at a stable 45 fps with ATW, and it didn't look bad.

That said, when I switched back to PCars2, I realized how much a graphic difference there was between the two. PCars2 definitely has the better engine right now. But the graphic differences don't seem to be large enough for me to care. I still enjoy R3E, so ACC will be fine for me. It's just not the graphic step forward I'd hoped.

FFB is... okay, I guess. It's definitely lacking, compared to PCars2. And I'm not really sure whether I'd say it's better than AC or not. If it is, it's not by much. But I have AC tuned well, and still need time to work with ACC. It doesn't feel bad, and even now, I can say I'm pretty sure I'll be able to tune it up to be okay. But, again, it's not the step forward I would have liked to have seen. The FFB still lacks the nuance I feel in PCars2. It just seems very lateral force focused in AC, loading up the wheel in corners, but not doing much to convey vertical loads and traction levels under braking or quick elevation changes. You just don't get the feel of tires skittering for grip. It's too bad the Nords won't be on the track list, because that's a track where the difference between AC and PCars2 are very noticeable. It's like Morpwr said above, you end up learning to hit your braking points, more than you do drive the track by feel. Again, not saying the FFB is bad. It's just not setting any standards.

Overall, it's going in the right direction and looks like it'll be fine. My only thing is, after a racing in ACC and then going back to PCars2, I realized two things... One, PCars2 looks and feels better. But, to be fair, it's not in EA. But the second issue I have is that when I switched back, I also realized, that currently ACC doesn't seem to offer any real reason to boot it up instead of PCars2. The overall GT3 driving experience is still better in PCars2. And since there's more than GT3 in PCars2, I'm going to find myself constantly looking for a reason to load up ACC instead, especially if the GUI continues to be such a punishing annoying mess for VR users.

I will say this though... Coming back to PCars2, I immediately found myself missing the sounds of ACC. Sound is such a big thing for me in sim racing, more so than graphics, and it just made me shake my head, because if PCars2 had the sound quality of ACC or R3E, it'd really be something special.
    After trying rf2 again recently I immediately felt comfortable but I just cant deal with the game the way it is. R3e same thing it immediately feels comfortable. Last night I restarted a career in pcars with the Ginetta gt4 on a track I don't normally use but I could tell what was going on with the car and track so it took about 10 minutes of practice before I was setting pole times and still improving with the ai at 105 and 100 on the default loose setup. Im just not getting that in ACC and so far I actually think I like AC better. A t least in AC there was some confidence on what I could and couldn't do. I brought up the fact there is zero lateral and vertical feel on the forum which was completely ignored. But according to KUNOS the ffb has an 80 percent approval rating right now which doesn't look promising. Check out the videos of the cars hitting the curb with one tire and all 4 wheels coming off the ground. Something is definitely off. I really hope it does improve but its so hard to bring anything up in that forum because someone always has an excuse on why it isn't the games fault and it must be you or your driving.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that Nicki Thiim didn't like it either when he tried it on release day. Anyways, in all fairness people have to give it time. There's nothing 'fanboyesque' in saying that. Why? Simple, because it's still a WIP. You can't cook a meal that takes 2 hours to cook and try it after 10 minutes before you add salt and some other ingredients and say it tastes horrible. ^^
    In the end it's going to be the same as every time when a new game launches. There will be some awesome aspects and awesome features and other things that don't make much sense etc. There will be things that work fine and there will be bugs. If you like it, fine, if you don't, then shelve it...
    Well, it seems we have watched a different stream then... He said the game was amazing and he was really impressed by it. He did compare it to iRacing and thinks the sense of speed in iRacing is better and also in iRacing he's able to play around with the car more. I don't know what gave you the impression he didn't like it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by CoproManiac View Post
    Well, it seems we have watched a different stream then... He said the game was amazing and he was really impressed by it. He did compare it to iRacing and thinks the sense of speed in iRacing is better and also in iRacing he's able to play around with the car more. I don't know what gave you the impression he didn't like it.
    His reactions especially related to handling and physics were obvious. Maybe you have to watch it again and, no disrespect here, take your ACC tinted glasses off, then you'll notice maybe. I'd watch that video again and tell you when and where he clearly showed it but it really isn't as important to me.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 12-10-2018 at 17:33.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    His reactions especially related to handling and physics were obvious. Maybe you have to watch it again and, no disrespect here, take your ACC tinted glasses off, then you'll notice maybe. I'd watch that video again and tell you when and where he clearly showed it but it really isn't as important to me.
    lmao, so now I'm a fanboy? I watched his stream and sure there's things he wasn't too positive about. Claiming he didn't like it is just utter nonsense. Just rewatch the last couple of minutes of his stream.

Platform
    PC
    Settle down folks... It's EA so let's see how things play out over the next few months.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips