Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch 4.0 - Fanatec CSW2.5 on XBOX - FFB a mess - settings?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Patch 4.0 - Fanatec CSW2.5 on XBOX - FFB a mess - settings?

What settings are other fanatec csw2.5 users running? Please do not reply if you do not own this exact wheelbase, as it is the only one that functions the way it does. I don't care about your CSL settings, or your CSW2.0 settings.

CSW2.5 ONLY

I am currently running in game:
    Immersive
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 45
    Tone: 0
    FX: 40
    Menu Spring: .20

I have tried raw and informative, with various changes to the sliders. This is currently the 'best' but I experience clipping at the weirdest times, like at a standstill with hands off the wheel.

On the wheel I am running:
    Sen: Auto
    FFB: 100
    SHO: OFF (I have run up to 100, noticing no change)
    ABS: 65 (personal preference)
    Drift: Off, although I experiment with -5 at times.
    BRF: 40

Can anyone please help? I do not feel kerbs, I do not feel wheel slip, I do not feel anything other than the road in a very, very weird way.
    Raw the wheel feels utterly weightless and dead, even with damping to 100. Informative may as well not exist. Immersive is too clipping-prone. There's gotta be a better way for the top-of-the-line console wheel. I really hoped the patch would fix this, but Assetto seems to have won me back by way of their stable game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    See the other threads mate. I have the same wheel. Ffb is non existend on the fanatec 2.5 sadly.

Platform
    PC
    Had a brief go earlier, will test later but initial thoughts are very very disappointed, a top quality expensive setup, reduced to no feel from kerbs, tyres or road. Frustratingly the Demo has great FFB in comparison.
    i7-8700k, liquid cooled, 1080Ti. Oculus Rift VR, Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, Universal Hub SQ Shifter, Pedals V3, GT Omega Pro cockpit

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymnast View Post
    See the other threads mate. I have the same wheel. Ffb is non existend on the fanatec 2.5 sadly.
    Please tell me you're joking? That post is months old and SMS seemingly doesn't care.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Dampening has no effect on wheels. Sorry to hear if they havent fixed the csw 2.5 issues though. However there are plenty of threads on the issue.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I know, I know, you don't want replies from people that don't have this wheel but I just wanted to make an observation. My understanding is that you wouldn't feel any wheel slip with tone at 0. The upper 50-100 range is where you'd feel wheel slip. I've also found that what I used to think of as wheel weight was actually coming from that slip. The tone and fx I find I change on every track though where I try to find the spot that feels right and increase or decrease its intensity with the fx amount.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I distracted from your issue and I know this is a known issue, so hopefully you can find a solution for it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by g.stew View Post
    I know, I know, you don't want replies from people that don't have this wheel but I just wanted to make an observation. My understanding is that you wouldn't feel any wheel slip with tone at 0. The upper 50-100 range is where you'd feel wheel slip. I've also found that what I used to think of as wheel weight was actually coming from that slip. The tone and fx I find I change on every track though where I try to find the spot that feels right and increase or decrease its intensity with the fx amount.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I distracted from your issue and I know this is a known issue, so hopefully you can find a solution for it.
    Nah, you were very helpful, thank you!

Platform
    PC
    g.stew is right.

In addition, if you use Tone ~= 50, you might want to try it with FX at both 0 and 25-ish?

I did some back-to-back tests (of INFORMATIVE w/a lowly G27) with Tone set at [0,25,50,75,100] and Tone at 0 felt super weird, while Tone at 100 was waaay too wobbly.

Ended up leaving Tone at 50 (which is 'pure' suspension-derived forces as I understand it, where the Mz contact patch effects are mixed with the Fy side-load effects 50/50).

In theory, the CSW 2.5 should be perfectly fine with RAW. If it isn't, that sounds a little weird/buggy to me...

How do RAW and Informative with Tone at 50-ish, Gain at 100, FX at 0 and Volume to taste work for you?
    Last edited by ermo; 24-02-2018 at 23:18.
    CPU R7 2700X | RAM 32GB DDR4-3200 | GFX 2x Vega 64 AC @ 35" 3440x1440 FreeSync | Controller G27 w/NIXIM mod | FFB INFORMATIVE Gain:100/Volume:30-35/Tone:50-60/FX:0-10 | OS Win10 Pro x64 | UTF-8 characters: ✓ ✔ ✗ ✘ ← ↑ → ↓

"We respond to well constructed criticism, good ideas which are properly described and thought through, and ideas that will benefit the whole community, not a vocal minority.

Do not repeat requests, be patient and polite, and have some confidence in our ongoing desire to improve the game for all users, which we have clearly and ably demonstrated in the past." -- Richard Steer, Slightly Mad Studios

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by l Rilla l View Post
    Please tell me you're joking? That post is months old and SMS seemingly doesn't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by ermo View Post
    g.stew is right.

In addition, if you use Tone ~= 50, you might want to try it with FX at both 0 and 25-ish?

I did some back-to-back tests (of INFORMATIVE w/a lowly G27) with Tone set at [0,25,50,75,100] and Tone at 0 felt super weird, while Tone at 100 was waaay too wobbly.

Ended up leaving Tone at 50 (which is 'pure' suspension-derived forces as I understand it, where the Mz contact patch effects are mixed with the Fy side-load effects 50/50).

In theory, the CSW 2.5 should be perfectly fine with RAW. If it isn't, that sounds a little weird/buggy to me...

How do RAW and Informative with Tone at 50-ish, Gain at 100, FX at 0 and Volume to taste work for you?

You are correct that those threads are months old, but those issues are still current after Patch 3 and now after Patch 4, nothing was fixed. We were told SMS was aware of the issues and they would be addressed in Patch 4 and they were not.

The issue is NOT setting related at all. It is simply an issue with the game in regards to the Fanatec 2.5 base. Its very frustrating. I just spent about $2,000 on a new rig and Fanatec gear and at this point my TX feels better on this game currently. Its Very sad.

You can change settings all you want, its not going to fix the issues you are experiencing.

If you really want to know how it is supposed to feel. Load up the Demo for Xbox with your same settings now. The demo has correct FFB feel.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, Chokofanten, lmbg

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    The issue is NOT setting related at all. It is simply an issue with the game in regards to the Fanatec 2.5 base. Its very frustrating. I just spent about $2,000 on a new rig and Fanatec gear and at this point my TX feels better on this game currently. Its Very sad.
    I can confirm I’m having the same issue. Also have a Fanatec 2.5 base, CSL wheel, Clubsport V3 pedals and a Clubsport Shifter. Running the latest firmware. Patch 3.0 and Patch 4.0 are absolutely broken — this is not a configuration issue. FFB does not work correctly on Fanatec gear. Really frustrating since this was a known issue on Patch 3.0. Also installed the demo to compare, demo works.

Can someone from SMS please comment. I bought the game about a month ago, still can’t play it.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, justonce68, Koppieo, lmbg