Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you quite a bit slower since patch 4??

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    It's not the turning, it's the RPM. The peak power on that car is at around 8500-8700 RPM, and once you go past it you start losing power (can happen even earlier at high altitudes since that adds "extra" restriction). It's quite common on these highly restricted GT3 engines to lose power if you take it all the way to the rev limit.

The Porsche in particular has quite peaky power, you get max power at a quite narrow band (510+ bhp between about 8300-8800 rpm or so). If you shift at around 9000 rpm you should have about the same power before and after the shift, i.e. ~9000 rpm is the optimal shift point in that car, but peak power is earlier than that.
    Ok, so did the Porsche 911 GT3 R get a horsepower bump that wasn't in the Patch 4.0 notes? My right foot can't precisely control the rpm so I can better control the rpm by turning the wheel slightly.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 25-02-2018 at 14:20.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    More comments after another day of racing.

I know it's typical, but usually Monza, Red Bull Ring, and Nurburgring are my favourite tracks for testing (either in TT, or just racing online and trying different things). I know those tracks reasonably well, so those are the three where I can tell if setup changes make a difference, or not. Also I'm pretty consistent with lap times, so these tracks are the ones I can usually tell if a setup change makes a lap time improvement, or not.

After another day with the Porsche, I would say:
    - When everything goes right, its now possible for me to go faster. But I'm less consistent. Before Patch 4 I was able to get in the hight 1:49s around Monza. Now, I'm finding that I'm able to hit the low 1:49s, but that's more of a fluke and in reality most laps are in the low 1:50s. Yesterday I even did a 1:48.4 which I've never seen before. But I cannot put it together consistently.
    - Already mentioned the rear end control, which is much better after some tweaks but it's still not quite as stable as I remember it before the patch. I've yet to find the setup where I feel comfortable and predictable to attack the corners. I find that I'm a bit nervous and don't have the confidence I had before.
    - One thing I notice is that I've been locking up the brakes a lot more. Tires seem to be constantly screeching. And I really struggle a lot with the braking now. It's almost as if I'm constantly running on cold tires now. Even when up to temp, pressures OK, I find that I don't have the same ability to brake like I did before. Before the patch I was running the brake balance at 57:43, and now I've found that I have to bring it back to 54:46 (or even 53, or 52...).

Anyway, I'm mostly commenting this because it's not a power difference I notice. It's really a major handling difference.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    More comments after another day of racing.

I know it's typical, but usually Monza, Red Bull Ring, and Nurburgring are my favourite tracks for testing (either in TT, or just racing online and trying different things). I know those tracks reasonably well, so those are the three where I can tell if setup changes make a difference, or not. Also I'm pretty consistent with lap times, so these tracks are the ones I can usually tell if a setup change makes a lap time improvement, or not.

After another day with the Porsche, I would say:
    - When everything goes right, its now possible for me to go faster. But I'm less consistent. Before Patch 4 I was able to get in the hight 1:49s around Monza. Now, I'm finding that I'm able to hit the low 1:49s, but that's more of a fluke and in reality most laps are in the low 1:50s. Yesterday I even did a 1:48.4 which I've never seen before. But I cannot put it together consistently.
    - Already mentioned the rear end control, which is much better after some tweaks but it's still not quite as stable as I remember it before the patch. I've yet to find the setup where I feel comfortable and predictable to attack the corners. I find that I'm a bit nervous and don't have the confidence I had before.
    - One thing I notice is that I've been locking up the brakes a lot more. Tires seem to be constantly screeching. And I really struggle a lot with the braking now. It's almost as if I'm constantly running on cold tires now. Even when up to temp, pressures OK, I find that I don't have the same ability to brake like I did before. Before the patch I was running the brake balance at 57:43, and now I've found that I have to bring it back to 54:46 (or even 53, or 52...).

Anyway, I'm mostly commenting this because it's not a power difference I notice. It's really a major handling difference.
    Hi, Atak Kat, there is a dearth of runs with the 911 GT3 R in TT since the patch 4.0. However, Jack Scagnetti was able to put together a 1:45.986 run at Monza with the new patch. Take a look at his setup and see if there is anything that might help your consistency. Funny how you and Jack had both ended up with the same brake balance(54/46). He has really lowered the rear camber from default so maybe that is one of the keys because of the revised suspension, you need to free up the rear end to allow it to slide a little more than before. Or he is just really comfortable sliding. Of course, Hard tires are a must and you have to put in your own tire pressures because these are often off, don't know why, setup glitches are common with the tire pressures for me with GT3 cars.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-25 14-12-49-27.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	250693

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-25 14-13-22-34.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	250694

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-25 14-13-27-75.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	250695

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-25 14-13-36-18.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	247.7 KB 
ID:	250696

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-25 14-13-44-68.jpg 
Size:	245.1 KB 
ID:	250697

Name:	pCARS2 2018-02-25 14-13-54-21.jpg 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	250698
    Last edited by blinkngone; 25-02-2018 at 18:41.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks a lot. Will work through it and see if I can find a silver bullet somewhere.
    The brake balance is really interesting to me.....
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat