Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Indycar Series Discussion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    possibly but just because andretti are talking to mclaren doesnt mean they will be the works team. Mclaren might make their own team and supply engines to andretti just like honda supplies engines to many teams
    I reckon they'll just make it part of the deal, I mean Andretti usually have the most drivers per year (especially at Indy) so I'm sure they can make space. Marco, RHR and Rossi probably won't go anywhere but Veach and the one off drivers could certainly be made to give up their seats
    Tank's Motorsports and Gaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/Tank621/
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    PC3/R Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Zak Brown said in a recent interview that they wouldn't be doing their own engines, but to never say never.

The hanging question seems to be whether they partner with an existing team (Penske already declined a request) or start from scratch. Both Penske and Mike Hull of Ganassi urged Brown and McLaren to do the gig on their own. Gil de Ferran has been hired as an advisor and immediately came to an IndyCar event. Autoweek reported that Brown stated that they would bring a world class driver to the series with it's team.
    Last edited by skcusIHC; 08-06-2018 at 22:39.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by skcusIHC View Post
    Zak Brown said in a recent interview that they wouldn't be doing their own engines, but to never say never.

The hanging question seems to be whether they partner with an existing team (Penske already declined a request) or start from scratch. Both Penske and Mike Hull of Ganassi urged Brown and McLaren to do the gig on their own. Gil de Ferran has been hired as an advisor and immediately came to an IndyCar event. Autoweek reported that Brown stated that they would bring a world class driver to the series with it's team.
    but that could be anybody from F3-F1 doesnt necessarily mean Fernando Alonso
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I reckon they'll just make it part of the deal, I mean Andretti usually have the most drivers per year (especially at Indy) so I'm sure they can make space. Marco, RHR and Rossi probably won't go anywhere but Veach and the one off drivers could certainly be made to give up their seats
    normally many teams have more than their normal cars at indy but normally most teams have 4 or less cars the rest of the season including Andretti im not saying it wont happen but i would hope that mclaren would do their own deal and make their own motors as the only other option would be for them to pair up with either honda which i doubt would happen with the way that went down in F1 OR with Chevy which they did a LONG time ago in CAN AM
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    if anybody thinks that Alonso is going to IndyCar for a full season next year its not going to happen . im watching the race at Texas motor speedway and theres nobody in the stands and a car just caught on fire just going down the track ! he dosend need to do an entire season to win the Indy 500 .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    Wickens is by far the best rookie iv seen in awhile
    The following user likes this Post: sas5320

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    Wickens is by far the best rookie iv seen in awhile
    ya he makes me think of Villeneuve in a way …
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    ya he makes me think of Villeneuve in a way …
    yes and carpenter should of given him more room after all carpenter was many laps down
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    "I watched the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, and the highlight was Daniel Riccardo jumping Lewis Hamilton on a pit stop. It was the only time the announcers raised their voice. There were more meaningful passes on Saturday night in Texas than there have been all season in F1, but those Ferrari fans didn’t seem to care that Sebastian Vettel led every lap and was never challenged.

And NASCAR? They’ve run out of gimmicks with caution clocks, lucky dogs and stage racing. None of it is compelling.

IndyCar has the best racing on four wheels (sans USAC sprints and midgets) in North America, with the most opportunity for a driver to shine and potential for the results to be unpredictable."

https://racer.com/2018/06/11/miller-...ow-not-always/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    "I watched the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday, and the highlight was Daniel Riccardo jumping Lewis Hamilton on a pit stop. It was the only time the announcers raised their voice. There were more meaningful passes on Saturday night in Texas than there have been all season in F1, but those Ferrari fans didn’t seem to care that Sebastian Vettel led every lap and was never challenged.

And NASCAR? They’ve run out of gimmicks with caution clocks, lucky dogs and stage racing. None of it is compelling.

IndyCar has the best racing on four wheels (sans USAC sprints and midgets) in North America, with the most opportunity for a driver to shine and potential for the results to be unpredictable."

https://racer.com/2018/06/11/miller-...ow-not-always/
    the indy car race was only on an oval yes there is passing in indycar on road coarses but not to the extent that you saw it at texas that was the outcome of high speeds high banked oval track

you totally forgot to include Sports car racing in that debate because IMSA has good racing too
    The following user likes this Post: sas5320