Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Oreca LMP2 - Zero Audio

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Nissan Oreca LMP2 - Zero Audio

I have just finished a test session using the Nissan Oreca LMP2 car and note that there was virtually zero audio coming from it!! I could hear everything else around me fine but my car was almost silent. I went to the replay and went on-board my car but it was fine form there. Back to my cockpit and it was barely perceptible.

Anyone experienced this with this or any other cars?

Console: Xbox One (Original)
    Wheel: Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX
    Circuit: Nurburgring GP
    Weather: Clear
    Car: Nssan Oreca LMP2
    Game mode: Custom Race
    AI: 15, 16 and 25 (same problem in each)
    Camera: Cockpit

Is there somewhere else that I should report this?

Platform
    PC
    its an open cockpit car with a mid-mounted engine... you won't hear much except wind noise.... that being said, there should still be *some* engine noise.

I've only driven this car once but I can test it again when I get home in ~8 hours. haha
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1
    Glad someone else reported this, the 03 has really unbalanced in-cockpit audio.

If you were to race a field of Oreca 03, their engines all the way across the track would be louder than yours, siting in the cockpit. But for some reason, the clutch is fine (despite being further from you than the engine)

Compared to others open prototype (R8, 333SP, V12 LMR, Radical SR8 and X for example), it feels like driving the delta wing or an electric car.

It also lacks hands animations for shifting... since the launch of project cars, first of its name.
    Last edited by Ofnir4; 27-02-2018 at 13:15.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I just tried the oreca v a non open top lmp2.

The engine is quieter as might be expected but is ok for me. I suggest that anyone who wants a louder engine increases the engine audio, this also works in race pause iirc.

In some cars I turn the engine up just because I like the sounds, others cut my ears off so I turn them down.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I just tried the oreca v a non open top lmp2.

The engine is quieter as might be expected but is ok for me. I suggest that anyone who wants a louder engine increases the engine audio, this also works in race pause iirc.

In some cars I turn the engine up just because I like the sounds, others cut my ears off so I turn them down.
    I already have the engine audio on max and it's barely audible. I'l have to turn the others down a long way to hear any kind of audio from my car. I am sure this is not correct. I drove the Oreca a lot in pCars 1 and it was no problem there.

Platform
    XBOX1
    My engine sound is at 100 so no can't do that. And if I turn the volume up on my headset, the clutch sound just makes my ears bleed. Which shouldn't happen, because why clutch sound would spread more and engine sound ?

The audio mix was badly done, period.

And what kind of info testing open top vs closed cockpit was supposed to bring you ? If anything, testing other open cockpit would have shown you the inconsistency of engine volume between this car and all others.

03 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooay-PpTX48
    R8 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NbxtW9C_LI

If anyone listen to this and thinks the audio mix is good should get his or her ears checked. On the 03 the clutch has the same volume as the engine of the R8 and vice versa (clutch of R8 = engine of 03)
    Last edited by Ofnir4; 27-02-2018 at 14:29.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    deleted.

My ears are fine.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 27-02-2018 at 14:28.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    XBOX1
    If they are fine, the Oreca 03 is fine and all others open top prototype and open wheeler with mid engine (meaning almost all of them) have to wrong audio mix. Do yo truly believe that ?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post
    If they are fine, the Oreca 03 is fine and all others open top prototype and open wheeler with mid engine (meaning almost all of them) have to wrong audio mix. Do yo truly believe that ?
    I think I have replied as fully as I can with my own impressions and recommendations.

You are clearly hold a different opinion. I accept that.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've been driving this car lately in career. I have my audio level for my headphones turned up one notch higher and most other audio settings in game turned down to 90 so I could hear it. First time playing after the patch I practically jumped out of my chair the first time I got a penalty and got that new ding in my ears with the higher volume. Suffice to say, I'll be a much safer driver in that car from now on.