Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS4 Pro better graphic or high res

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Question PS4 Pro better graphic or high res

Hey boys and girls.

Which Visual Mode from those two do you prefer and why?

I use a 4k Monitor what's in you're opinion the better choice? I don't really see a difference except of the better mirrors under enhanced visuals.

Thanks for the answers

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I use enhanced visuals and from what i've seen posted so far,so do most others...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Forum rules please read: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1355858
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Roushman624, STAATSFEIMD_NR1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I'm using just an HD TV (not 4K) and I have it on enhanced frame rate.
    But I a really unhappy with the graphics that seem to constantly switch between overall resolution. Or that's what it seems like. It seems like the screen is constantly switching between two levels of resolution depending on how much other stuff is going on. It get's so bad that I cannot even read the numbers on the steering wheel motel in GT3 cars. I did a career race yesterday, GT3, Hochenheim, night time...... it was awful graphics quality. Oh, and I also have my mirrors turned off because I heard that is supposed to help overall.

Don't know what to do, honestly. When I watch youtube vids of guys on PS4Pro, I don't see anywhere near the same graphics quality level.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    But I a really unhappy with the graphics that seem to constantly switch between overall resolution. Or that's what it seems like. It seems like the screen is constantly switching between two levels of resolution depending on how much other stuff is going on. It get's so bad that I cannot even read the numbers on the steering wheel motel in GT3 cars. I did a career race yesterday, GT3, Hochenheim, night time...... it was awful graphics quality. Oh, and I also have my mirrors turned off because I heard that is supposed to help overall.

Don't know what to do, honestly. When I watch youtube vids of guys on PS4Pro, I don't see anywhere near the same graphics quality level.
    I use visuals. I rarely have problems with framerates and tearing. Others say resolution makes the AA better but I can't tell.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post

Enhanced frame rate has the lowest res about 1080p, and yes the res does scale according to load, as it does in other modes. I have noted the effect on the xbx.

If you run in one of the other modes the res will be substantially higher, iirc, about 1400p in visual mode and 1600p in high res mode.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Itīs a different thing with 4K. I tried both visual and higher res. And the more details is so minimal, you wonīt notice. On 4K the AA is much more obvious and noticeable than on 1080p. So, in my opinion, higher res is the best setting for 4K screens. You will still see the knows "graphic issues" like bad AA, flickering shadows etc though. On 4K seems more worse and higher res only helps a bit but doesnīt get rid of them
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GenBrien, Tom_2475221

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Enhanced Resolution on a 65" 4K screen, no terrible AA or flickering shadows that I've noticed so far... looks really good.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brāth
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GenBrien, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I am on enhanched framerate. But it stutters none the less. So might go for the visual presentation.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have come to prefer resolution mode using my pro and 4k TV. I also turn off lots of the other Visual FX items - post processing, bloom, sun flare, heat haze, Crepuscular Rays, and screen dirt. Works well for me.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    the graphics are very different with 31 cars AI or 10 cars AI