Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T300RS FFB Settings

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    I really don't think SMS is going for the AC FFB feeling. I admit I also find I enjoy the feel of AC better, but pCARS 2 is good but different. After playing for a bit I have found that I get the info I need and it feels convincing.

My settings are more on the dull side and for the T300 on ps4 but people are welcome to give them a try. These are the latest I am using for the Ginetta GT5

RAW
    Gain = 75
    Volume = 32 (this can change from 28-40 depending on the car. I mapped keys to change it on the fly)
    Tone = 30
    FX = 32

Edit - I actually had the above settings wrong.. I run volume at 37 with the Ginetta Jr and run the GT5 at 32. The FX I recently bumped up to 32 as well just for the feeling of bumps.

Thanks for your input, I was wondering if you can post your current settings in the configuration tab. Things like dead zone and controller dampening etc . I’m currently using raw 100/40/30/50 and really struggling with feel/clipping. Will try out your ffb setting but would like to know your configuration tab detilas if possible thx.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    @Spitfire77
    I tried your setting doing a little change.
    Raw 80 35-40-52 and i checked the hud and i saw no clipping on the red bar, is good but not at all miss something.
    Can you try this setup? we can do good job

p.s. damper saturation can change something?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I totally feel you. I tried FF Settings for days to copy the Assetto FF but no luck. I think itīs just not possible.
    I played PC1 a lot and not much to complain andout. No question, the physics and content in PC2 is great now. But the FFB I donīt like at all.
    I tried all 3 settings and tweaked around. But either you donīt feel the track (curbs, bumps, grass) and have OK feeling in the wheel (the weight of the car in corners, g forces etc) or the other way around. I donīt really get it into a OK mix.
    If the track feeling is OK, the wheel feel empty and very light to turn. Almost if there is no FFB at all. It should get harder to turn and have some restistance in turning the wheel. Especially if faster driving.
    If I increase to make this feeling better (Gain and Volume I think) the wheel feels heavier but then the driving feels way to rough. Tearing around and every small bump on the road feels like someone is ramming into you from the side.
    Like I said, I tried around with settings for days. But no luck. Even If I manage to get the feeling somewhat acceptable; I get into a different car or track and itīs all messed up again.
    Impossible to make it THIS complicated and a science to get settings for each car and track. Thatīs the good thing about Assetto; you get in and the the FFB out of the box is excellent for all cars! Even GTS FFB is feels better for me (I know I will get hanged for saying this here) Itīs more simple and rather light. But you feel the track well (alike AC) and also feel tire slip well. Actually that skidding feeling when the tires are sliding I think itīs great and feel very real.
    I think itīs technically impossible to copy the AC feeling in PC2 1:1. And the rest is a lot of tweaking for each car.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FreefallRLC View Post
    I totally feel you. I tried FF Settings for days to copy the Assetto FF but no luck. I think itīs just not possible.
    I played PC1 a lot and not much to complain andout. No question, the physics and content in PC2 is great now. But the FFB I donīt like at all.
    I tried all 3 settings and tweaked around. But either you donīt feel the track (curbs, bumps, grass) and have OK feeling in the wheel (the weight of the car in corners, g forces etc) or the other way around. I donīt really get it into a OK mix.
    If the track feeling is OK, the wheel feel empty and very light to turn. Almost if there is no FFB at all. It should get harder to turn and have some restistance in turning the wheel. Especially if faster driving.
    If I increase to make this feeling better (Gain and Volume I think) the wheel feels heavier but then the driving feels way to rough. Tearing around and every small bump on the road feels like someone is ramming into you from the side.
    Like I said, I tried around with settings for days. But no luck. Even If I manage to get the feeling somewhat acceptable; I get into a different car or track and itīs all messed up again.
    Impossible to make it THIS complicated and a science to get settings for each car and track. Thatīs the good thing about Assetto; you get in and the the FFB out of the box is excellent for all cars! Even GTS FFB is feels better for me (I know I will get hanged for saying this here) Itīs more simple and rather light. But you feel the track well (alike AC) and also feel tire slip well. Actually that skidding feeling when the tires are sliding I think itīs great and feel very real.
    I think itīs technically impossible to copy the AC feeling in PC2 1:1. And the rest is a lot of tweaking for each car.
    Force feedback is very personal - what some people love, others will hate. Personally I find the FFB in PC2 on my T300 to be superb.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz555 View Post
    Force feedback is very personal - what some people love, others will hate. Personally I find the FFB in PC2 on my T300 to be superb.
    Remember us your setting please

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz555 View Post
    Remember us your setting please

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke241 View Post
    Thanks for your input, I was wondering if you can post your current settings in the configuration tab. Things like dead zone and controller dampening etc . I’m currently using raw 100/40/30/50 and really struggling with feel/clipping. Will try out your ffb setting but would like to know your configuration tab detilas if possible thx.
    I have sensitivity at 50 with 0 deadzone for steering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashmo92 View Post
    @Spitfire77
    I tried your setting doing a little change.
    Raw 80 35-40-52 and i checked the hud and i saw no clipping on the red bar, is good but not at all miss something.
    Can you try this setup? we can do good job

p.s. damper saturation can change something?
    Im good with my settings. I can tell by looking at the numbers you have I will not like it. It will be stronger than I prefer with too much side load and bump noise. If you like it that is great, but FFB is very personal.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    I have sensitivity at 50 with 0 deadzone for steering.

Im good with my settings. I can tell by looking at the numbers you have I will not like it. It will be stronger than I prefer with too much side load and bump noise. If you like it that is great, but FFB is very personal.
    I'm just wondering but.. could be that I haven't update my t300?

Platform
    PC
    You could try adjusting only gain leaving Volume 50/Tone 50/FX 0.

Edit:On pc version. I leave the in game at default except FX 0. I adjust the Thrustmaster Control Panel gain and set damp to 0.
    Last edited by GTsimms; 08-03-2018 at 16:15.
    Project CARS 2 T150 & T300 RS
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    You could try adjusting only gain leaving Volume 50/Tone 50/FX 0.

Edit:On pc version. I leave the in game at default except FX 0. I adjust the Thrustmaster Control Panel gain and set damp to 0.
    will this settings work on ps4? with effect 0 do you feel the asphalt and tyres?