Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Just got a One X....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Yeah, I chuckled at the thought that people allegedly had to take out a loan to get the X. LMAO
    Whatever

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I've seen loans been taken out for waaaay more silly things than buying a gaming console...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    This sounds awesome. I'll definitely try.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    Well, you may disagree and that is your purgative, but I say "if they release a new console so close to the release of the X then that is going to leave a very bitter taste in the mouth for many
    . You ae clearly one who it won't leave a bitter taste. Frankly, it wouldn't bother me too much either, if they release it and I want it I will pre-order it.

There are many on here who have taken out loans or had to save for ages just to get the X, so I am sure that those people will feel aggrieved the most.

Yes I saw it also. They didn't mention dates, but since E3 there have been a lot of rumours and speculation of a 2020 release, but it is purely that.
    Come on dude, seriously? We are in 2018, people today are buying new phones every year. And we all know how expensive phones can be, way more than a new console. The X is an enhanced Xbox One. Not next gen. You may think some people will be left with a 'bitter" taste in their mouths, but I can tell you there's way more people excited for the next generation of consoles. Myself included.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, OddTimer

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperFallout3 View Post
    Come on dude, seriously? We are in 2018, people today are buying new phones every year. And we all know how expensive phones can be, way more than a new console. The X is an enhanced Xbox One. Not next gen. You may think some people will be left with a 'bitter" taste in their mouths, but I can tell you there's way more people excited for the next generation of consoles. Myself included.
    Meanwhile i'm still using my x years old Samsung Galaxy...not everyone is a Rockefeller mate...
    If what you claim is true everyone would have upgraded to the X or Pro already...
    Last edited by Konan; 07-07-2018 at 08:46.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperFallout3 View Post
    I'll throw my hat into that as well. Well said. Can't wait for Microsoft Scarlett (code name) to be released in 2 yrs.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: OddTimer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Have been spending a fair bit of time with PC2 and my old XBox. ((Just can’t stand Windows with bootcamp on the Mac)
    But the poor frame rates on some tracks and average graphics made me pony up for an XBOX.

Well after doing some hot laps I have to say I’m suitably impressed.
    I was sceptical that for most gaming I wouldn’t see much of a difference but when you’re up close doing sim racing the difference is night and day. Beautiful smooth frame rate, crisp graphics, nice feedback through the wheel, feels like I’m racing in slo-mo

Very happy with my investment.
    Sean Lander - Melbourne Australia
    Favourite Car Class: GT2/GT3 XBOX LIVE Redna1L
    Hardware: Xbox ONE X - Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 - McLaren Wheel - ClubSport V3 Pedals
    The following 6 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Juiced46, Konan, nissan4ever, OddTimer, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah, finally made the switch to XB1X too and can only echo what other people have said - so worth it. I feel like I'm playing the best version of the game now, which is nice. So basically the enhanced resolution/enhanced visuals both make the game look way better, more detailed, smoother, just lovely. And if you want a big multiclass grid with day-night transition and without the frame-rate issues that seem to creep in after half distance in longer races, enhanced frame rate. Lovely. And I don't even think PCars2 is remotely the most 'enhanced' game, try Forza Horizon 4.

Well worth it, just don't want to look at my bank statement this month.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, skoda

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    Yeah, finally made the switch to XB1X too and can only echo what other people have said - so worth it. I feel like I'm playing the best version of the game now, which is nice. So basically the enhanced resolution/enhanced visuals both make the game look way better, more detailed, smoother, just lovely. And if you want a big multiclass grid with day-night transition and without the frame-rate issues that seem to creep in after half distance in longer races, enhanced frame rate. Lovely. And I don't even think PCars2 is remotely the most 'enhanced' game, try Forza Horizon 4.

Well worth it, just don't want to look at my bank statement this month.
    Welcome to the X fam. Your whole game library will be better. Whether they are enhanced or not.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC Radar Bob View Post
    You should add a little twist to it then....

Pitch a bitch about how clunky the darn game is playing and how frustrating it is... how Microsoft (or whatever company you chose) seems to have rigged the software so it only plays well on the new 1X. I mean really get mad (you got to sell it baby). Then just end it with how much you really don't want to spend money right now because of xxx and xxx - so you'll just deal with it. You know, not the end of the world, but just really starting to take the fun out of it. Wait a few days, maybe a week or two. Just remember you gotta make it her idea to make you happy but allowing a new purchase - so kinda walk away from the games a little "dejected", Maybe take a few days (or maybe a whole week) break... depending on how hard her heart is. Sell it baby! (worked for me like a champ - two hours later I was at Best Buy - her idea)
    As I'm currently going through this "predicament" with my wife, I may take a page out of your playbook here....
    Xbox One
    Logitech G920