Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got a One X....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    Maybe if we don't eat for the next 2 months I could just about afford it
    That sounds like a good plan!

Having gone from the OG to the X and then back to the OG, it really was an eye opener as to how much better the X is.
    Last edited by The_Senser; 13-03-2018 at 17:09.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OddTimer, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    In post 23 I mentioned I was getting a new screen, well it finally arrived yesterday, and ooooooerrrrr!

39 inch 1080p ISIS ( no really) brand tv replaced by panasonic 58 inch 4k hdr. It looks so huge in my 4m by 4m back living room.

I now have a 78 fov and at a comfortable 31 inch screen distance. To get a decent fov on my old screen it was against the back of my g920 and was uncomfortably close.

Pcars looks even better, and soooo bigly. I will be a dead man if I bust this screen so I must resist too much fov experimentation. ;-)
    I definitely choose res mode now.
    I am planning to buy a 4k hdr tv in 2 or 3 weeks. How much better does pc2 look in res mode in comparison to a 1080p screen? can you see improvements when driving at night for example? thanks.
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    I am planning to buy a 4k hdr tv in 2 or 3 weeks. How much better does pc2 look in res mode in comparison to a 1080p screen? can you see improvements when driving at night for example? thanks.
    I hardly ever drive at night so I cant really give a detailed opinion, but overall I am very happy. My old tv was a bit rubbish, a very cheap 'no name' brand so I was like omg at the improvement. I prefer res mode as i did on my 1080 screen.

Size does matter. My old screen was 39 inch, new one is 58 inch. It is good to be able to run a decent fov at a comfortable distance, I do not like the screen very close.

edit - not pcars related, but 4k blu ray for films is astonishing.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I hardly ever drive at night so I cant really give a detailed opinion, but overall I am very happy. My old tv was a bit rubbish, a very cheap 'no name' brand so I was like omg at the improvement. I prefer res mode as i did on my 1080 screen.

Size does matter. My old screen was 39 inch, new one is 58 inch. It is good to be able to run a decent fov at a comfortable distance, I do not like the screen very close.

edit - not pcars related, but 4k blu ray for films is astonishing.
    Thanks for that. I will be moving rooms in the house so I don't know how far I will be sitting from the TV. Probably quite close as that room is a bit smaller. I think a 43 inch will do.
    Xbox One X!
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Xbox One is dead... Long live Xbox X...
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, OddTimer

Platform
    PC
    Sometimes it's just time to move on
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Great thread, I am seriously looking for a reason to get one of these. Unfortunately I have just had the bill for repairing our central heating boiler and it came to exactly 1.5 XB1Xs, so I guess it will have to wait. Although mother's day is coming up soon, I wonder if wifey fancies a new console rather than a bunch of flowers...
    My wife(I) got a wheel stand pro and tmx racing wheel for our anniversary last year.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: AZT Turbo, DjVinnyy69, John Hargreaves, Konan, Robhd, The_Senser

Platform
    PC
    She's still not got over that professional socket set I got her from Halfords last Christmas
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 5 users likes this Post: HockeyNick30, Konan, Robhd, r_outsider, The_Senser

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    She's still not got over that professional socket set I got her from Halfords last Christmas
    Great present to get her I would have said.. So long as you aren't over fussy about retaining all your teeth that is... Lol

I am agonising this weekend over upgrading to an X... Although it may not be such a great move given my better half just paid for our new boiler... I did try the old c'mon we don't need a boiler, just put another coat on honey and gave you seen this new cool xbox one x line... I am seing the dentist first thing Monday...
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, John Hargreaves, Konan, OKC Radar Bob, The_Senser

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhd View Post
    Great present to get her I would have said.. So long as you aren't over fussy about retaining all your teeth that is... Lol

I am agonising this weekend over upgrading to an X... Although it may not be such a great move given my better half just paid for our new boiler... I did try the old c'mon we don't need a boiler, just put another coat on honey and gave you seen this new cool xbox one x line... I am seing the dentist first thing Monday...

Could you not mod the X and link it up with the radiators (replacing the standard cooling solution), then you could have two for one. When it gets a bit cold or you need some hot water for a shower, just turn on the X, play some PC2 and heat up the water and radiators at the same time. :-)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Robhd