Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got a One X....

Platform
    PC
    Having frittered away far too much money over the years on upgrading PCs (albeit worth every penny) I'd have to say that the OneX looks like amazing value for money for what you get. Glad you chaps are getting to sample the full potential of PC2.
    i7-7700K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Playing on the xbx has led me to hanker after a fast pc for pcars2. I am currently swapping between resolution mode where I love the smoother look and graphics mode where the almost invisible lodding and that detailed rear view mirror keeps pulling me that way.

On a fast pc, yes for 2000 quid, I could have it all ( maybe after spending two weeks fiddling with what-nots and doodads and PC adjustments and fiddles).
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've just ordered a new Gaming Laptop and am considering whether to get PC2 on PC. I have already bought RaceRoom, RFactor 2, Automobalista and Assetto Corsa (the later of which I also have on the Xbox) but have yet to decide whether I would get PC2. I will probably want to do VR (have yet to decide whether to get Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or import a Samsung Odyssey from the States). Compared to the other Sims, I am sure PC2 looks better as some of the others have been around for a while, but I am not aware of any issues with the others that PC2 exhibits (wheel shake, etc.) I know the Laptop will handle it as its the latest spec i9, GTX1080, 32GB RAM.

Platform
    PC
    I'd imagine that if PC2 is your favourite and you are one the OneX, there's only really VR that makes the PC worthwhile. The rest you could set up with a good rig with wheel + pedals etc. I guess you have more choice with peripherals, button boxes etc. and if you fancy having a go with flight sims as well then PC is perhaps the only way to go. Other than that, OneX is clearly a great piece of kit.
    i7-7700K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, johnnieshere, Robhd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    So I finally got to play PC2 on my new One X this morning after a long wait. The graphics are beautiful, although not as big a step up from the PS4 original as I had expected (I think this shows just how impressive a job the devs did to get it to run so well on the PS4). I've tried the various graphical modes and I'm very happy although there is still a fair amount of aliasing.

The tyres seem to warm up very quickly compared to the PS4 and the Xbox controller is so much nicer to use than the Dual shock. I can't use my G29 until my drive hub arrives.

I've spent a few days playing Forza and my that game is beautiful. The AI in my opinion is shocking as they seem to use me as a bumper car and drive as though I wasn't there.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnieshere View Post
    So I finally got to play PC2 on my new One X this morning after a long wait. The graphics are beautiful, although not as big a step up from the PS4 original as I had expected (I think this shows just how impressive a job the devs did to get it to run so well on the PS4). I've tried the various graphical modes and I'm very happy although there is still a fair amount of aliasing.

The tyres seem to warm up very quickly compared to the PS4 and the Xbox controller is so much nicer to use than the Dual shock. I can't use my G29 until my drive hub arrives.

I've spent a few days playing Forza and my that game is beautiful. The AI in my opinion is shocking as they seem to use me as a bumper car and drive as though I wasn't there.
    I might be telling you how to suck eggs but with your Drivehub make sure you have a good micro/usb cable between the hub and your controller , I used one that wasn’t that good and it would randomly drop connection maybe an hour into playing . I bought one from maplins for about a tenner .
    The following user likes this Post: johnnieshere

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quick question guys, I don't seem to be able to play multiplayer as it tells me I'm disconnected from Xbox live. I've tested the connection in the console settings and all seems fine. Is this a known problem?

Cheers

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So I finally did it and took the plunge to buy a shiny new Xbox One X. I couldn’t resist it once I spotted a buy now pay in 12 months option so clicked the button and put in my order. Arrived safe and sound first thing this morning just before work so it’s sitting there ready and waiting for me to put it into action as I write this.

Any advice here on the best way forward with regard to getting everything from my old box onto it? Should I go the transfer everything route or just start everything from scratch, especially in terms of Project Cars 2?

I have an old external drive laying around although it has tons of stuff on it so I would have to transfer that somewhere first to use that as I understand that the Xbox would need to reformat any drive I want to use if I opt for that method. I understand that there is also an option to transfer over the network is this a good way to go?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Lewy, The_Senser, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    When I got my xbx upgrade it was spooky, I turned it on, logged on to my xbox live account and over a period of two or three hours it became a copy of my xb1.

Most of my few games are downloads and they all automatically appeared.

Pcars2 was exactly the same just better. It installed with all settings and tunes copied over, I did not delete or faff about with anything, I never do, and I have a very stable game.

Your extra HD can be a normal xb drive OR a media drive. Setting as a media drive is the only way to record decent length 4k clips but you cannot then use it for games. You will need to format to NTFS on a PC. I had some problems doing that as it wasn't plug and play so I had to get my more PC savvy BF do that, it may have just been this PC being odd.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    So I finally did it and took the plunge to buy a shiny new Xbox One X. I couldn’t resist it once I spotted a buy now pay in 12 months option so clicked the button and put in my order. Arrived safe and sound first thing this morning just before work so it’s sitting there ready and waiting for me to put it into action as I write this.

Any advice here on the best way forward with regard to getting everything from my old box onto it? Should I go the transfer everything route or just start everything from scratch, especially in terms of Project Cars 2?

I have an old external drive laying around although it has tons of stuff on it so I would have to transfer that somewhere first to use that as I understand that the Xbox would need to reformat any drive I want to use if I opt for that method. I understand that there is also an option to transfer over the network is this a good way to go?
    I used the Transfer option, I purchased a second 4TB drive ahead of the launch for the X, so that on release I could just plug in, do the setup and be racing within about an hour of unboxing. I guess it depends somewhat on how many games you want to transfer over. Transferring to a USB 3.0 drive was very quick I was really impressed. I have a couple of these connected to both my Xbox's https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Zaskarspants