Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ps4 handbrake support

Platform
    PS4
    i don't believe it is a game issue, do any games on the PS4 support the Fanatec handbrake being plugged into the USB on the console? of course the other solution is to junk the thrushmaster and buy a Fanatec wheel and pedals

Platform
    PS4
    If you visit the Fanatec site and read about the handbrake you will see the following.....
    "Consoles: The ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 can be used on gaming consoles in games that support analog handbrakes, if connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base/Racing Wheel. Please check the information on the product page of the Fanatec product through which it will be connected to the console. It will not work on consoles using the ClubSport USB Adapter"
    there is support for a handbrake in the game, you just need hardware that the PS4 will recognise... it also says
    "Special Notes
    IMPORTANT: This product cannot be operated as a stand-alone product"
    Last edited by Trans-Girl; 23-03-2018 at 23:33.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a th8a which I would like to use as a handbrake like I do on dirt rally and dirt 4.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by stunt929 View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I have a th8a which I would like to use as a handbrake like I do on dirt rally and dirt 4.
    the OP said he wanted to use a fanatec handbrake.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I am also looking for in game recognition of the TH8A shifter as a separate device when plugged in directly to the PS4/USB hub in order that I can use it as an analogue handbrake as has been already done on DIRT Rally and DIRT 4. I like your set up Trans-Girl but I don't really want to start tapping into my T300 base and making my own handbrake.

I will, along with the others, continue to live in hope.....
    PS4 ID: steve-986 |
    Project CARS setup: PS4 | T300RS wheel | TH8A | Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on | BBJ SimRacing 26 Switch Pro Button Box | Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with RGS Module | RS Dash | 43" Sony Bravia TV | 5.1 Surround Sound or Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 |
    Real world setup: Audi RS4 Avant Sepang Blue |
    The following user likes this Post: stunt929

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-986 View Post
    I am also looking for in game recognition of the TH8A shifter as a separate device when plugged in directly to the PS4/USB hub in order that I can use it as an analogue handbrake as has been already done on DIRT Rally and DIRT 4. I like your set up Trans-Girl but I don't really want to start tapping into my T300 base and making my own handbrake.

I will, along with the others, continue to live in hope.....
    I don't think that is possible. If the shifter is recognized as a handbrake it will be digital.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I don't think that is possible. If the shifter is recognized as a handbrake it will be digital.
    Sorry - my mistake! Fully understand that it would be a digital 'switch' rather than analogue 'progressive'.
    PS4 ID: steve-986 |
    Project CARS setup: PS4 | T300RS wheel | TH8A | Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-on | BBJ SimRacing 26 Switch Pro Button Box | Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2 with RGS Module | RS Dash | 43" Sony Bravia TV | 5.1 Surround Sound or Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 |
    Real world setup: Audi RS4 Avant Sepang Blue |
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I posted below in another forum regarding handbrake support. The only way at the moment to have both seq and handbrake in Pcars if you 2x TH8a or TH8a+TSS handbrake Sparco mod is if you use 1x TH8a in H mode and use some kind of rubber band mod. Like stated below the TH8a is configured in seq mode as L1 and R1 to mirror the paddleshifters, so it wouldn't be possible to map it otherwise.

I contacted TM a few times and they confirm they are working on "official" PS4 support. That will mean that the TM will be mapped as a separate "handbrake" device ingame. Dirt4 and GTsport already detect this and are "unofficially" supported. I suspect that Pcars 2 will follow soon or are working on it.

"I recently bit the bullet and bought the TSS handbrake Sparco mod, even though there is no "official" PS4 support. (It was this or another TH8a shifter)After a short round of testing with Dirt 4, dirt rally, SLRE, Gt sport, WRC 7 and Pcars2 I am happy to say that it works out of the box!

I have not made any firmware updates and just plugged it into the wheelbase Din connector and the TH8a into the ps4 usb port and it actually works really great with games which support USB devices, however support is varied:

Dirt 4 & GT sport
    The TSS handbrake is detected in both SEQ and handbrake mode in both games. In Seq mode it acts like a TH8a in seq mode and mapped as r1 and r2. In handbrake mode it is recognised as a separate (handbrake) device. GTsport confirms support for the TSS handbrake on their official website. (I cannot post the link here)

Dirt Rally, SLRE & Pcars 2
    The device is not recognised in handbrake mode, but works in seq mode. It is detected as a TH8a in seq mode and mapped as L1 and R1. Sadly it isn't possible to use both the TH8a and TSS in seq mode. Since both the handbrake and shift paddles are mapped to to L1 and R1 you cannot map the handbrake as a handbrake and still use the paddles for sequential shifting. There are 2 workarounds:

1. You can use a TH8a in H mode for shifting and map R1 as a handbrake. The TH8a is mapped in these games as gear1,2 etc. The downside is you wont have sequential shifting available. You can setup the TSS handbrake as a handbrake and keep the toggle switch on seq. That way a handbrake is mapped as R1.

2. You can use a rubberband mod to use the TH8a in H mode as a handbrake and use the TSS as a seq shifter (R1 and L1). Either map gear 4 or perhaps gear 2 as handbrake in the settings.
    You can find examples of the rubber band mod on youtube (I cant post links)

WRC 7
    Sadly this game only supports 1 TH8a connected to the base, also only in sequential mode and there is no support for a separate usb device. The TSS is detected and mapped as L1 and R1. You can either map sequential shifting to another button and R1 as a handbrake, use automatic shifting and map R1 as handbrake or use the TSS as shifter and use a different button as a handbrake (default).

With the 2 newest games on the list already supporting the handbrake I suspect official support is coming soon and future games will support the game.

sidenote: I use a powered 7-port USB hub for: Wheel, cpx adaptor, TH8a, Sony BT headphones, PSVR.

Hopefully this answers some questions some people have who are interested to buy the TSS handbrake sparco mod on PS4. "
    Last edited by PocketZeven; 15-04-2018 at 17:36.
    The following user likes this Post: Steve-986

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Ok, thrustmaster will produce a hand break for PS4, how I will mount it on my rs1 seat ??? I have already asked rs1 seat company but I don't have any answer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It has 8 threaded m6 holes. Should be the same as TH8a. You could diy fabricate something. But TM do have a nice looking table clamp at the releaseparty, that should accommodate both TSS and TH8a. (google it) But at this moment it isn't for sale yet (I asked).
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dinos, Steve-986