Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY button box with mount < $20

Platform
    PS4 Pro

DIY button box with mount < $20

Here is a cheap and easy way to get more buttons for your ps4 pCARS 2 setup. It is keyboard numpad and nothing new, just showing how easy it can be done for cheap.

Buy a USB Numeric Keypad. You can get these cheap.. like $6-$13. I chose the one I did because it has USB ports.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy something to mount it with.. I have seen people velcro them down, others use GoPro mounts. I chose this because it was cheap and rather stable.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT - These are already starting to peal off. - Need to use a better solution. If you want to make the button labels the easy way is to buy some shipping labels and print the images on them.
    I used Avery 8195 (I have an inkjet printer).
    https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Return-...s+inkjet&psc=1

I then googled "sim racing button labels" - cut and paste them onto the avery template for my labels, print them out and stick them on. Printed black squares to cover up the ones I was not using or the PS4 did not respond to (ps4 ignores the 00 button and the top right is a backspace which cannot be mapped but the ps4 uses as a back button).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180303_100054.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	251202
    Last edited by Spitfire77; 13-03-2018 at 00:00.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair
    But yeah.. I am not that good. - CC
    The following 12 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Bashmo92, Demon340, falm, Konan, leeroy98, Lewy, petergrill, Raklodder, ScaredDuck, SpinnPaget, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Nice!
    Think i'm gonna use your method in the near future...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Spitfire77

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    I then googled "sim racing button labels" - cut and paste them onto the avery template for my labels, print them out and stick them on.
    You can also use my Project Cars icons template, if you like it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tuz...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Asturbo; 05-03-2018 at 21:35.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following 11 users likes this Post: Anguiano, Demon340, JasonSandwich, Konan, Nada, petergrill, PostBox981, Raklodder, SGETI, SpinnPaget, Spitfire77

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    You can also use my template, specially designed for Project Cars: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tuz...ew?usp=sharing
    Cool those are nice. On ps4 we don't have as many things we can map, but for sure there are more than buttons available on my wheel.
    PS4-Pro // T300rs // TH8a // T3PA-Pros // Numpad button box // WSP & Folding Chair

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire77 View Post
    Cool those are nice. On ps4 we don't have as many things we can map, but for sure there are more than buttons available on my wheel.
    Obviously I also don't use all of them.
    I print it in an A4 adhesive paper and cut the ones I need. They are in the same order than appears in the key asssigment menus of Project CARS 2.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 05-03-2018 at 19:00.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Obviously I also don't use all of them.
    I print it in an A4 adhesive paper and cut the ones I need. They are in the same order than appears in the key asssigment menus of Project CARS 2.
    Ah - using a full adhesive sheet of paper is a better idea. Likely will last longer than the cheap return shipping labels I used. I just had them on hand already.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    not bad at all! quick and nice solution

Superkart Pilot
    You can also use my Project Cars icons template, if you like it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tuz...ew?usp=sharing
    Time to pimp my numpad, thanks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have similar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buttons4.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	251399

was originally mounted using an in car phone holder, but is now velcro'd to a piece of wood.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Chokofanten, Demon340, Konan, petergrill, Raklodder, Spitfire77

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Meh.. my avery return labels are already starting to peal off. Think next time I will just print on photo paper and glue it on or something. Dont really want to spend the money on sticker paper or anything like that. I guess I could just put a dab of glue on the existing ones, but they are so thin not sure what will happen.