Thread: HORI Racing Wheel Apex not recognized

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

HORI Racing Wheel Apex not recognized

Hi All

Just joined forum as I need a little help with the RWA wheel. I bought the wheel with F1 2017 and the game recognized the wheel straight away. But sadly I can't get PC2 to recognize the wheel (it is on the compatibility list), but it only shows as the DS controller. I can use it to scroll through the menus as normal in N-mode but does not work at all in S-mode.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Did you start the game using the wheel? If you load the game up with the controller it only recognises the controller, you need to load it up with the wheel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks Minimitch, I did load the game with the controller. I will do as you suggested and let you know.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Did as you suggested but no luck, still only recognizes wheel as a controller. Not sure if anyone else uses this wheel for the game. It would be nice to know if they had same issue.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Angry Racing Wheel Apex not working on PC2

I just bought Project Cars 2 last night and my Hori Racing Wheel Apex isn’t working with Project Cars 2 but it works with F1 2018. What do I have to do to make it work because I don’t want to go out and buy a new steering wheel. This is for PS4 Please help
    Last edited by Hazza1025; 03-10-2018 at 23:04. Reason: Forgot something

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah I have the same issue

Platform
    PS4
    Is it being recognised when the PS4 powers on at all? The indication of it being recognised then is when you power on the PS4 console the wheel automatically rotates left and right or vice versa. I don't have a HORI RWA but a Logitech G29 and that's how it works. I figure it should be the same with other wheels.

How I do it....Make sure you have the wheel plugged in to the PS4 console first before you power the console.
    Then power on the console. When the console powers on you should then see the wheel rotate each way, returning to centre position. With this done you know the wheel has been recognised. Next press the PS button or whichever button on the wheel it asks as the user to continue the loading process.

Following that once you load the game itself you will need to navigate to "Options"...."Controls" and select your wheel as the controller you wish to use.
    ......Go through the wheel options selecting "Automatic", "Manual" or whatever for clutch and gearing etc. Other options for how you wish to change gears via pedal or paddle. Check out options for assigning buttons etc.
    ......Calibrate the wheel and pedals (follow on-screen instructions).
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    Make sure to switch your wheel to N mode.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PC
    Threads merged.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33