Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Penalties

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    The idea that you can't attract arcade players to a sim without dumbing down the entire game is paranoia, pure and simple.

No-one is advocating dumbing down the game at any higher level that it currently starts at. All those us us that think the game would be far better (especially on the poorly supported console side) by making the game easier to transition to (if you came from Forza or GT) want is a chance at a comparable player base.

I've done a few informal player and room counts at varying times of day and night. Take off all the filters, look at online multiplayer, and GT has more lobbies (by a considerable margin) that PC2 has total players!

This is leading to a dearth of choice, selection, and overall skill (most rooms are set to U level simply because you are hard pressed to find a grid larger than a few people at higher levels). This turns them largely into bashfests.

I simply am not sure why some cannot grasp the concept of 'more players=better players (eventually)'.
    I find it quite amazing that there is this seemingly vast, untapped wealth of players just waiting to jump over to pCARS2 from GT if we provide them with arcade physics, fantasy tyres, fantasy assists (and presumably on-circuit power-ups?), better patch notes etc etc etc. Where are they all hiding?

I've never seen one solitary post requesting that before... you'd think there would be hundreds at least. But... there aren't... there's just... you!
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quite possibly because most of the migrants from GT that come here to post about initial difficulty get met with supercilious scorn. And go back to a game with more lobbies online than total players here. And a hell of a friendlier player base. But hey, what do I know?

I know I've read dozens of posts (hundreds?) complaining about initial difficulty, poor pad handling and a dearth of low power cars to get going with. And I bet you are on half of them, casting scorn on their needs. Well played, sir.

Well played...

Platform
    PS4
    Quite possibly because most of the migrants from GT that come here to post about initial difficulty get met with supercilious scorn. And go back to a game with more lobbies online than total players here. And a hell of a friendlier player base. But hey, what do I know?

I know I've read dozens of posts (hundreds?) complaining about initial difficulty, poor pad handling and a dearth of low power cars to get going with. And I bet you are on half of them, casting scorn on their needs. Well played, sir.

Well played...

Oh dear. I drove hundreds of players back to GT:S casting scorn on a forum

I must apologise to Ian Bell for the lack of MP numbers. It's all my fault!

Feel better now? Are you trying to be funny or you just venting? Get it off your chest mate.

What the hell.
    How do people come up with this utter nonsense.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 08-04-2018 at 01:14.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Well played...
    So... 'several people' bought Project CARS 2 after mastering the Samba Bus in GT then all of them got terribly upset because there wasn't a vehicle in pC2 which they could throw around with gay abandon which had less acceleration than a Polar glacier while using their game pads. Then, when it was explained to these 'people' that pC2 was actually a simulator, largely based around real-world racing series'... with relatively high powered cars (which is best played with a wheel) they got all huffy and left?

Righty-ho.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth

Platform
    PS4
    No mate.
    The hundreds of GTS players expressed sincerely of this game being difficult and were met with scorn.
    From me.
    That's why they left.

Stuck record mate.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    No mate.
    The hundreds of GTS players expressed sincerely of this game being difficult and were met with scorn.
    From me.
    That's why they left.

Stuck record mate.
    I'm not even sure what he's having a go at any more tbh.

Everything?
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot

Oh dear. I drove hundreds of players back to GT:S casting scorn on a forum
    Nop. Only with your willing to be a moderator by any means necessary and failing.

I must apologise to Ian Bell for the lack of MP numbers. It's all my fault!

It's Ian who should apologise. For the awful contact penalty system.
    Last edited by foxymop; 08-04-2018 at 04:40.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    Nop. Only with your willing to be a moderator by any means necessary and failing.
    I know right. 7000+ posts and counting

Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    It's Ian who should apologise. For the awful contact penalty system.
    He kind of has. By updating the penalty/ rating system every patch. Can't ask for more than that, can you?

Even if he had dedicated race directors watching EVERY MP session, they'll still make weird calls.
    So then if we have an AI judge, how perfect would that be, given that we fail to get the penalty judgement right ourselves?
    So a complex, non-AI based algorithm assigns blame and it works. It cleans up the majority of MP races (on consoles at least). It's a compromise, but who can accurately read minds?
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

The following user likes this Post: Atak Kat

Superkart Pilot
    Yes we can ask. Like make it work.

No, it does not work. So it does not "still make weird calls". It all weird calls.

I really don't give a f... I won't go down on the safety rank and don't care about the number ranking, but it's annoying to see a 2017 sim that looks like a closed beta in some areas.

It's a shame that some other arcadish game has much more people online them the PC2 lobbies.
    Ian should try to understand why, instead of replying to me saying PC2 is the sim with more features. Lol.

There is something that the guys that get triggered when someone complaints about the game, don't understand.
    We like the game. That's why we want to get better when it need to be. If we wanted to go to another game, we would. We want this game.

Ok, in ps4 we don't have much of a choice.
    Last edited by foxymop; 08-04-2018 at 05:44.