Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Penalties

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaredDuck View Post
    Be nice for an even playing field in relation to penalties and damage. My biggest gripe is penalties for exceeding track limits when i still have 2 wheels on the track. Or if i go wide or pushed wide and quite clearly gaining a disadvantage. But still get a penalty
    Do you have a specific example of this? Because 2 wheels on track is never a cut track in this game.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Do you have a specific example of this? Because 2 wheels on track is never a cut track in this game.
    I've heard the ding and seen warning on at least 2 occasions with all wheels in the margin travelling @ an incredible pace. A bit like the earlier landmine bug. Very rare & I've not been recording when they occurred. An instance I recall was at the of Spa Historic, in La Carrière.
    I've seen other
    competitors completely leave the track boundary incurring no penalty with me getting one in the same bend 2 wheels on a lap earlier. I suspect there are some minor penalty algorithm wrinkles that may be rather difficult to locate & correct and avoid blowing something else up.
    JMHO & worth no more than the fee paid.
    Last edited by SCClockDr; 13-03-2018 at 18:48.
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Yeah all I want is a neutral playingfield, where everybody have the same advantages and disadvantages.
    I want the race to be won due to the driving.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Bad sounds, sub par Antialias, and crazy AI isn't exactly gamebreaking. Yet they all get overhauled.
    Last edited by Albertsen; 13-03-2018 at 19:07.
    Project Cars 2 - The Great Aquaplane Simulator

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Off the top of my head, Watkins glen, circuit of the americas, silverstone, Hockenheim,

Platform
    PC
    Off the top of my head, Watkins glen, circuit of the americas, silverstone, Hockenheim,
    Can't confirm that, at least for Watkins Glen and Hockenheim because I race there very often. The Glen is very lenient actually, especially turn 1.
    Do you have screenshots of videos of those unjustified penalties?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Can't confirm that, at least for Watkins Glen and Hockenheim because I race there very often. The Glen is very lenient actually, especially turn 1.
    Do you have screenshots of videos of those unjustified penalties?
    No i dont do the whole recording thing. Watkins glen. Fast bend before the fast chicane. If you go wide be it any reason and put 2 wheels over the curb. Will normally result in a penalty. Also second last corner will give you a penalty if you go completely off. Even though you dont gain any advantage.

Circuit of the america End off Sector 1

Correct me if im wrong. Ithought you only got a penalty for exceeding track limits if you clearly gained an advantage. Ie time or position

Hockenheim in the left right in sector 2.
    Last edited by ScaredDuck; 19-03-2018 at 23:09.

Platform
    PS4
    No i dont do the whole recording thing. Watkins glen. Fast bend before the fast chicane. If you go wide be it any reason and put 2 wheels over the curb. Will normally result in a penalty. Also second last corner will give you a penalty if you go completely off. Even though you dont gain any advantage.

Circuit of the america End off Sector 1

Correct me if im wrong. Ithought you only got a penalty for exceeding track limits if you clearly gained an advantage. Ie time or position

Hockenheim in the left right in sector 2.
    Kerbs are not part of the track limits. Some big wide kerbs you can put all 4 wheels out and not get a penalty (T1 Spa for example). So it’s lenient in that sense. The penalty is given for exceeding track limits, but if you slow enough when/during returning to track you don’t get penalised.

The parts of tracks you mention you definitely don’t get penalty for keeping 2 wheels on the black top.

You’re on PS4. Just hit the “share” button.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    My only issue with the penalty system is the disparity between taking a slow down and ignoring it.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Why an I the only one getting penalties and aquaplane in races? I see the AI crash out other cars, no penalty. I see AI cut cornere galning place, no penalty. The AI rear ends me, and the only one spinning out is me. I see the AI in full speed over a puddle, no problem. When I drive over in same speed, bye bye track, hello wall.
    I mean seriously. I LOVE THIS GAME, and I cant wait to get home and drive. But sadly its fading , it's a real killjoy
    While the AI don't seem to have as much problems with aquaplaning, as long as I have wets on, I generally destroy the AI in wet pace compared to dry. But you DO have to learn where the aquaplaning 'danger zones' are, and just tiptoe through the minefields. On the whole, depending on AI settings, your faster pace the rest of the track will compensate for the puddle slowdowns.

I'm afraid that the car handling and tire model chews up a large amount of your console's power (it chews up most of a PC's power, too!) and there simply isn't enough computing power for the AI to run EXACTLY the same physics as we do. Maybe in the future, but don't hold your breath..! Most game developers seem to take the approach that, for every increase in console or computing power, the devs up the realism of the player model to the point that most of that increase is gone and the AI suffer, again!

However, I DO feel that the pace of puddle formation is a bit fast compared to real life. It takes barely a few seconds to go from a dry track to one with full standing water even in the lightest rain the game allows. We seem to be missing the 'drizzle' or 'spotting' weather types that dampen but not inundate the track that you see IRL so often.

I guess there's a long way to go before PC's weather system truly reflects real life (and don't get me started about track reflections in slightly wet conditions... Way exaggerated, IMHO!). BTW, there's a well reported issue that 'random' weather is weighted more due to game choice than actual weather likelihood. Look at the choices, and FAR more of them are bad than good weather. It seems 'random' simply picks evenly from the choices, rather than understanding that some of them are rare extremes that rarely occur IRL.

Plenty of room for improvement!
    Last edited by simsimsheree; 22-03-2018 at 21:03.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I can feel the disappointment you are having now, I've come across that once and yes, I think that's kind of unfair.