Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Physics of the Porsche Legends DLC

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Hey Pigmachine, finished with hibernation?
    Almost.. Been a virtual sniper for ~6 months in various games, (and a samurai for a few hundred hours too) so I had to pop back in and test the.. not new cars yet.

Had to drag a few Nissan cars to #1 spot (in car specific class) on Brands hatch GP, as I couldn't live with seeing the new #1 both using my #22 Nissan GT3, and using external view?! Ok that he wants to admire my beauty from the outside, but he's not supposed to be in the top spot, with default setup at the same time!
    Spent 2 sweaty hours setting things right again, and trying to figure out what have happened to the 918? as there is nothing wrong with the track in itself, and I were 'tipsy' enough to have fun playing again, and actually felt more 'home' then 'burned out' from racing. I deleted all my old setups, and the cars behaved quite different even with close to my normal more or less random, but still the same, setups. Most of them in a lot better way.
    But the 918 were beyond fun and boring (and burned out), it were just ..odd?

No setting could help it to convince me that the front wheels were active at any speed. The all felt like the wheels of an office chair you bought from IKEA, and assembled with the help of hallucinogenics and instructions written in Chinese, with 'magic eye pictures' as illustrations.
    No real criticism to the physics, as I hardly know nothing about physics, it just don't ..well feel like a car anyone can survive in without assists.
    CPU i7-6700K ~4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED),
    Wheel Logitech G27+Wheelstand Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1. (I'm currently busy being a Samurai or a Sniper)
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigmachine View Post
    Almost.. Been a virtual sniper for ~6 months in various games, (and a samurai for a few hundred hours too) so I had to pop back in and test the.. not new cars yet.

Had to drag a few Nissan cars to #1 spot (in car specific class) on Brands hatch GP, as I couldn't live with seeing the new #1 both using my #22 Nissan GT3, and using external view?! Ok that he wants to admire my beauty from the outside, but he's not supposed to be in the top spot, with default setup at the same time!
    Spent 2 sweaty hours setting things right again, and trying to figure out what have happened to the 918? as there is nothing wrong with the track in itself, and I were 'tipsy' enough to have fun playing again, and actually felt more 'home' then 'burned out' from racing. I deleted all my old setups, and the cars behaved quite different even with close to my normal more or less random, but still the same, setups. Most of them in a lot better way.
    But the 918 were beyond fun and boring (and burned out), it were just ..odd?

No setting could help it to convince me that the front wheels were active at any speed. The all felt like the wheels of an office chair you bought from IKEA, and assembled with the help of hallucinogenics and instructions written in Chinese, with 'magic eye pictures' as illustrations.
    No real criticism to the physics, as I hardly know nothing about physics, it just don't ..well feel like a car anyone can survive in without assists.
    Seen this? Could be the explanation for no torque on the front wheels maybe.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: Pigmachine

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Seen this? Could be the explanation for no torque on the front wheels maybe.
    Ah... Even one of my own old 918 rants there, then a good one from Jussi..
    If that isn't what is implemented right now? Then something went the wrong way with the 'feeling'
    Maybe 100% correct for the car, but as I haven't seen Clarkson's gravestone yet, something else is a bit off then?
    Well I haven't even tried the P1 since release.
    (and I'm not allowed to show my 'Trinity Race' against my own ghosts, (during late testing) where the 918 won mainly due to me touching the outside of the track with the P1.)
    Will not rant on about the 918 here, as there was a dedicated thread to it.

(Not sure I still have the video even.)
    CPU i7-6700K ~4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED),
    Wheel Logitech G27+Wheelstand Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1. (I'm currently busy being a Samurai or a Sniper)
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

The Porsche 917/10 understeers so much: on Brands Hatch Indy,Druids turn, this car won't turn at low speed! (about 70kph)
    CPU: Intel i7 8700K | RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080Ti GAMING X 11G | OS: Windows 10 - 64 bits | Wheel: CSL Elite + CSP + CSQ | Misc: Oculus Rift