Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Game is Excellent. Sound, weakest feature.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think the sound is excellent.
    I run mine through a decent hifi with floorstanding speakers and it certainly doesn't sound muffled. I run my environmental, road and tyre sounds higher than my engine sounds and I hear much detail and nuance. I like the sounds of stones hitting different parts of the car, the way the slipstream wind noise changes as you move behind another car. I often feel the front tyres scrabble and hear a ' chirp chirp ' from the tyres synchronised to the shudder in my wheel. I hear fine grit on my cars underside if I dip onto dirt and if the car in front goes off fine grit and dirt peppers my car with a sound that adds to the drama.

I also run my collision sounds much louder than any other setting, this makes crashing truly shocking and exciting.

Pcars2 was nominated for a golden joystick award for best audio.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_CARS_2
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 13-08-2019 at 11:32.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I think the sound is excellent.
    I run mine through a decent hifi with floorstanding speakers and it certainly doesn't sound muffled. I run my environmental, road and tyre sounds higher than my engine sounds and I hear much detail and nuance. I like the sounds of stones hitting different parts of the car, the way the slipstream wind noise changes as you move behind another car. I often feel the front tyres scrabble and hear a ' chirp chirp ' from the tyres synchronised to the shudder in my wheel. I hear fine grit on my cars underside if I dip onto dirt and if the car in front goes off fine grit and dirt peppers my car with a sound that adds to the drama.

I also run my collision sounds much louder than any other setting, this makes crashing truly shocking and exciting.

Pcars2 was nominated for a golden joystick award for best audio.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_CARS_2

Now that I think about it I have most of the levels raised to 100. At the default levels it did sound odd. I wonder how many still have it set at the defaults?
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My sound settings.

Player engine 10
    Opponent engine. 10
    General car. 100, this is tied to player engine setting so is still quite low.
    Tyre 25
    Collision 100,. Much higher than other settings for max drama.
    Track surface 25
    Environment 40
    Sound effects 20

With these settings you do need to run a higher volume on your amplifier as the settings allow lots of headroom for crash sounds that become truly shocking when much louder than the other settings.

If you don't want earth shattering crash sounds just double all other settings and you can use a lower volume setting on your amp.

I like the whoosh sounds and other environment stuff and don't really enjoy my head being cut of by engine noises. I think too high engine noises can mask what is a very complete sound environment. Lots of grip information is conveyed by the complex tyre sounds and I can often hear a car behind or beside me as the wind noise changes before I see it.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    The question is, what's the reference sound when we talk about 'muffled' cockpit sounds. If your reference is exaggerated because you have the exhaust sound in the cockpit, then you might perceive PC2 sounds as muffled. The same happened with the Ultima GTR sound in AMS2. People perceived it as 'muffled', but it just had no funny 'scotty, beam me up' transmission whine. We should not shift the base lines. Real life should be the reference, nothing else. I mean, that's what most sim racers want, don't they? Realism.

Everyone loves V12's, this is how a V12 sounds in the cockpit. 'Muffled'.

Last edited by rich1e I; 13-08-2019 at 13:14.

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, not my first rodeo. I've tried adjusting the sound scales. Turning the engine sounds up or down doesn't help. It's not the volume that is the issue. And, again, every other game, video, or music track I play on that machine sounds perfectly fine. You shouldn't need enhancements to get decent sound from a title.

It was the exact same issue with PCars 1. In fact, it doesn't sound like some of cars were even changed sound-wise.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Everyone loves V12's, this is how a V12 sounds in the cockpit.
    Holy scheisse that Thiimmie is good.

Thiimmieee. Mkey?

Platform
    PC
    Yeah I also talk about the sound of the cars. They just don't sound as good as in other sims. The ambient sound is not the problem here.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bliman, cpcdem, Haiden, REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PC
    Just so everyone's one the same page, do you mean in-car sounds, track camera sounds or the sounds in the external view?
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.8 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (431.68) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Platform
    PC
    For me, it's the sound when driving in cockpit view.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Just so everyone's one the same page, do you mean in-car sounds, track camera sounds or the sounds in the external view?
    I only drive with the cockpit cam so for me it is the sound(s) you hear in the cockpit.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.