Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game is Excellent. Sound, weakest feature.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Game is Excellent. Sound, weakest feature.

I love PCars2. I have since getting it about 2 months after launch. So must in the game is so well done. The sounds? Not so much. To me, if the sounds were really worked on and improved, the whole experience would have no equal. Here's hoping a lot of work is done in this area. It would really make for a 'Total Package' experience.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have read so many posts about this, and honestly, I don't get it.

I like the sounds, quite a lot. Given, I usually am using the GT3 cars, so maybe I'm not getting the full understanding. But in cockpit view, I find the sounds through the headphones quite good. Actually, I used to race in bonnet view and when I tried the cockpit view, with headphones, the sound is one of the main reasons why I switched to cockpit view (now, I also see the other benefits to cockpit view, but the reason I switched really was the sound)

So maybe it could be even better. But I am not complaining. I think it's awesome. At least with headphones....
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat
    The following 7 users likes this Post: banner77amc, Barmydoughnut24, hkraft300, Leynad, Mark Race, mister dog, Mowzer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have to agree, personally i am also very happy with the sounds. I will often run the sound through my tv monitor, but occasionally i will use my headphones and the immersion multiples 100 times over. If they are going to improve the sound on certain cars, i cant imagine how good this game can get. Those classic cars alone make this game worthwhile.
    The one thing i do hope for though is in the le mans pack, if we get those 2016 p1 hybrids, is that the electric whine of the recovery systems are much louder. After the release on iracing, that is what i would really be excited for as the r18 and 919 in iracing have some of the best sounds ive heard in a sim ever.
    Last edited by Barmydoughnut24; 09-03-2018 at 21:00.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Armstrong08, r18etron

Platform
    PC
    I have real active studio monitors in 5x channel config and in car audio is lacking in db. Compared to 4 other top rated racing sims, the sound lacks volume and punch, a little vanilla. The sim is brilliant, but lacks volume.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Georgeagea, pferreirag60

Platform
    PC
    Any specific sound you do not like? Inside car or outside?

I like the overall sound very much. Also some cars do sound great inside, well, some maybe sound not so great. Ferrari 488 GT3 for example i do not drive because of the incar sound.

And ya, me also on headphones, oculus rift one.
    CPU i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz | RAM 16GB | GPU GeForce GTX 980 4GB
    OS Win10 64bit | VR Oculus Rift CV | SCREEN 34" 2560x1080
    WHEEL G27 | RIG obutto r3volution

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Great. Leave them as is. Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Most of the cars are good, but some are unrealistic or not that good. Even in the GT3, Nissan and McLaren have wrong sounds. I understand that recording every car is not feasible with such big car list, but for example both the Nissan GTR GT3 and McLaren 650S GT3 could be improved by using existing sounds from other cars (Renault RS01 for Nissan and McLaren P1 for 650S GT3) and make them more realistic.

To me, the sound department have too much variance in quality; some cars sounds amazing/realistic while others not so much.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: 64footdan, goodman, pferreirag60

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LibranRabbit View Post
    I have real active studio monitors in 5x channel config and in car audio is lacking in db. Compared to 4 other top rated racing sims, the sound lacks volume and punch, a little vanilla. The sim is brilliant, but lacks volume.
    I agree with this. I use a mini mixer and crank the bass and treble up on the audio channel from game and turn down all the in game sliders to about 70 except car at 100. This gives it the bigger sound that is missing default. Also some cars have low volume and some have some issues in the sound itself like the BMW gt3 and gte still in high rpm and low gears. The mix overall is kinda waek and lacks any type of big feel by default but you can get it sounding really good but in my case needed a mini mixer to do so. It's not bad though just needs a little balancing or boost to the db like you said. For most part sounds themselves are good if just a little weak.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Georgeagea, LibranRabbit, pferreirag60

Handling QA Lead Jussi Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LibranRabbit View Post
    I have real active studio monitors in 5x channel config and in car audio is lacking in db.
    That's odd, I have to bring the master volume down to 5 and the engine volume down to 50 to not get my ears blown away. =/
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Sankyo

WMD Member
    Some cars sound great, but (sadly) there are also cars that are so quiet that the volume of the other cars on track is louder. There's a bunch of cars that i love for their driving experience, but i do not drive because the onboard sound is awefull.

For example the onboard of the Porsche 911 GT1-9

( i race in VR)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Pekka Salminen, pferreirag60, Scuderia Paul