Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lack of interest?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Lack of interest?

Been off PC2 for over a month due to game being unbearable before patch 4. I've come back to find nobody really seems to be playing anymore , take tonight for instance, a Saturday night looking for GT3 lobbies and the search finds 6 lobbies with an average of 4 players in each. Seems to me this game has taken the same path as the first and lost players due to amount of patches needed to make the game anything like it should be for us console gamers. It's a real shame and can only hope players will return .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    One thing is that people race a lot in private groups. I haven't tried the public races yet myself, although I've raced against people who have with moderate success.... depending upon the track and cars.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Are you sure you don't have some filters on ? I see a lot more GT3 servers, in fact it must make for 80% of servers, each night there are least 8.

Can't comment on their quality however, GT3 and public lobbies together is a recipe for disaster or mario kart reenactment, I stay away from that.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Have to admit I'm exactly as you say. Even though after Patch 3 the game was improved a ton, here we are with Patch 4 and it's just... eh. The launch buzz has faded and the mood to really come back and give the game another chance just hasn't fully developed yet.
    The following user likes this Post: CSReese

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeem View Post
    Have to admit I'm exactly as you say. Even though after Patch 3 the game was improved a ton, here we are with Patch 4 and it's just... eh. The launch buzz has faded and the mood to really come back and give the game another chance just hasn't fully developed yet.

I think that's the problem , the launch buzz has faded and far too many bad experiences for players in general have all added up to the fact the game is loosing people.
    Once again I've loaded up the game tonight to find 4 current online games in GT3 class with a total of 23 players spanning all 4 lobbies , and yes my filters are set correctly and yes I'm aware private lobbies are a thing.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think most people would just rather join a league or group of racers and race in private lobbies. I bet most are afraid of the regular online lobbies due to crashers and first corner smashers. I know its not ideal, or as convenient, but it would probably be best to join a group of racers that fit your style and friend them. There are tons of threads and facebook groups for leagues, casual racers etc...
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info

Platform
    XBOX1
    Once you have a few hours online and built yourself a nice strengh and safety rating, it's hard to put it at risk from some U1500 that doesn't know his car or track.
    Then if you try to put barrierd to entry, you massively reduce the player pool or eliminate it completely for some classes.

Add that to the contexts you all mentioned and you have a desert.

On the bright side, Xbox has these wonderfully useful features called "looking for groups" and the clubs.

Dip your toe in public and either race or spectate to find the right guys, follow them or ask them if they partake in private races or go straight to the clubs and join a few.
    Once you have quite a few connections, you know who to join in public to have a race, find an active club or take it a step further with a league if you can commit to a regular schedule.

I know I can't commit to a regular weekly race but when there a one time event,(we did daytona, bathurst and le mans 1998) it's a relief to know the guy next to you has some racing etiquette and you can be hard and clean, a game changer truly.
    Last edited by Ofnir4; 12-03-2018 at 01:14.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by vvSlipStreamz View Post
    I think that's the problem , the launch buzz has faded and far too many bad experiences for players in general have all added up to the fact the game is loosing people.
    Once again I've loaded up the game tonight to find 4 current online games in GT3 class with a total of 23 players spanning all 4 lobbies , and yes my filters are set correctly and yes I'm aware private lobbies are a thing.
    I follow the game pretty close and i can honestly say that's not the reality of where the game is at with players. Of the loads of comments and discussions i read people make about it across social media, most by far are positive. Infact im rather surprised its like that because the trend after the last game was to bash the game just for the fun of bashing it. Even that has settled down from the improvements of the patches.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, rich1e I, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Ofnir4, i'm 'some u1500' thats played the game from day 1, only with an elite controller. Never bothered racing online, games always been too bugged. But, i assure you, at Le Mans, I would destroy you. Seriously. I've not done time trials there for around 5 months but my time is still top 30 in my gt1, and i wasn't tying overly hard, did i mention i use a contoller? lol.

Online ratings mean exactly zero. Don't get a mistake in.

That will be all.
    gamertag - ol Spaceman lo
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    I follow the game pretty close and i can honestly say that's not the reality of where the game is at with players. Of the loads of comments and discussions i read people make about it across social media, most by far are positive. Infact im rather surprised its like that because the trend after the last game was to bash the game just for the fun of bashing it. Even that has settled down from the improvements of the patches.
    Social media isn't specific to the Xbox scene though, where the game has had much more significant issues. Tbh a brief look at Facebook hardly shows a glowing reception anyway.