Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lack of interest?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Ofnir4, i'm 'some u1500' thats played the game from day 1, only with an elite controller. Never bothered racing online, games always been too bugged. But, i assure you, at Le Mans, I would destroy you. Seriously. I've not done time trials there for around 5 months but my time is still top 30 in my gt1, and i wasn't tying overly hard, did i mention i use a contoller? lol.

Online ratings mean exactly zero. Don't get a mistake in.

That will be all.
    1) Time trial TT means nothing in race pace
    2) TT player pool is so small, any decent lap there is top 50 (trust me, I did my TS040 lap only once, landed top 19 back in PC1)
    2) Car performances were adjusted since
    3) Being fast is cool and all, even more when you're in the sand trap because you can't race with others, said it yourself, you don't do online.
    4)Since the game launched, online was by far the most stable side of the game, greatly aided by the server size limits.
    5)I'm on a controller too, means nothing
    6)That is not even the topic

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

@Zeem : reviews are always polarizing , either all is well or nothing is working and when you have a pleasant eperience is easier to stay on the game and enjoy it rather than going out of you way to leave a positive review. When you are angry at the game on the other hand... It can it quite motivating to write a review. The same goes for the forums.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post

On the bright side, Xbox has these wonderfully useful features called "looking for groups" and the clubs.
    I'm a member of two groups and of the 1100 or so members registered to the PC2 specific club 23 were online last night and of those only one of those was actually playing a racing game (Forza Horizon 3), so I do kind of question how "wonderfully useful" these groups and clubs are when the novelty period of the game people have signed up to support has expired.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    I follow the game pretty close and i can honestly say that's not the reality of where the game is at with players. Of the loads of comments and discussions i read people make about it across social media, most by far are positive. Infact im rather surprised its like that because the trend after the last game was to bash the game just for the fun of bashing it. Even that has settled down from the improvements of the patches.
    Judging by the general decline in forum activity combined with player count in multiplayer lobbies, it does kind of suggest that interest levels in PC2 on XB1 aren't (and probably never have been) anywhere near the user levels generated on PS4 and PC. I admire your optimism but sometimes you just have to let go and accept that PC2 isn't what it should have been.

I'm 100% in agreement with the op on this one because - and people have to remember this - it's the second time around now that XB1 has received the inferior version of Project Cars and whilst the more dedicated will again be more than happy to slog it out through various bouts of patches until the game reaches the point of acceptability that everyone wants it to be, it's a huge ask for silent majority to be equally as accommodating.
    Last edited by Just Another Frog; 12-03-2018 at 10:56.

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog
    The following user likes this Post: Stone Cold Stig

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    I'm a member of two groups and of the 1100 or so members registered to the PC2 specific club 23 were online last night and of those only one of those was actually playing a racing game (Forza Horizon 3), so I do kind of question how "wonderfully useful" these groups and clubs are when the novelty period of the game people have signed up to support has expired.
    Numbers means nothing to be honest, servers are 16 spots total, having a gigantic club of 1100 people doesn't help, better go focused than extremely wide. The big groups are the worst, too much going on through the feed, people using it just to share pictures or videos.
    I'm in two groups, one is 32 and is used to list people interested in multiclass racing (look through the list, check who is online and playing PC2, invite and that person will probably show up and he will be a clean racer), the other is 92 but has multiples mini series going on (a GT and a proto) as well as one time events.

It's about matching like minded people, not spoon feeding someone spots for a race.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    LOL, show me where i said i cant race with others. I said the game has been too buggy to bother.

Being fast is cool and all? Kind of the point of motor racing, no? I think you get the point.
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 12-03-2018 at 12:37.
    gamertag - ol Spaceman lo

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm absolutely losing interest, that's true, but not because of the game. In fact I can't confirm most of the issues many people are reporting. I'm losing interest because I can't see where the enjoyment is having a 5 laps race after 25 minutes qualifying session. I don't like the 'no tyre wear, no fuel depletion, no damage, no racing license, no penalty system or U-lobby approach' either. Then you open a lobby and rarely more than 4 people join. It's just ridiculous.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: EV3RY, JasonSandwich, Just Another Frog, m00lean, Raklodder, ShneebnaMRR108, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If anybody useful looking for some organised racing with a group of like minded drivers pop along here to have a go in our IndyCar league:-

http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018

I do agree with the op in that interest in the game has dropped alarmingly and it's all to do with the multitude of problems getting solid lobbies running reliably. I'm a member of a very well known sim motor racing site and pCars on the Xbox has just died a death there for the above noted reason.

Platform
    XBOX1
    pC2 on XBOX has died on many league sites, but the strangest factor is that all the issues are variable to each user and group of users. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, with this or that limited feature/s. This current game condition makes for a situation that is less than effective for organizing leagues.

Hopefully the reason we have not seen very many detailed responses here from SMS lately is that they are actually working on issues instead of responding here to create even more arguments.

Hopefully the next patch will fix some (or at least one) of the more fundamental game issues.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    The following 2 users likes this Post: freeman78, SALAMINIZER

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    Hopefully the reason we have not seen very many detailed responses here from SMS lately is that they are actually working on issues instead of responding here to create even more arguments.

Hopefully the next patch will fix some (or at least one) of the more fundamental game issues.
    Or working on the Fast and Furious game....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    If anybody useful looking for some organised racing with a group of like minded drivers pop along here to have a go in our IndyCar league:-

http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018

I do agree with the op in that interest in the game has dropped alarmingly and it's all to do with the multitude of problems getting solid lobbies running reliably. I'm a member of a very well known sim motor racing site and pCars on the Xbox has just died a death there for the above noted reason.
    I registered at the website Hammer. I'm interested in your Indy Car League
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    BODY: Old Recliner, laptop stand, much tape
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofnir4 View Post

Can't comment on their quality however, GT3 and public lobbies together is a recipe for disaster or mario kart reenactment, I stay away from that.
    Did someone just say, "MARIO KART"!?!?
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    BODY: Old Recliner, laptop stand, much tape