Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's The Best Way To Get Heat Into The Tyres?

Platform
    PC
    entirely possible and makes sense.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I think the window and tolerance of softs is quite a bit higher than it was before. Recently I've been running softs a lot more than before, and they seem to be the better choice in a lot more situations than I thought. Most of my races are 10 laps or less, so that's likely an important factor. I have been in a few races lately even with higher track temps (high 30s, low 40s), but the outside temp a bit lower (like low 20s). And I don't know if it's a factor or not, but when that outside temp is lower, I suspect it somehow has an impact.

I used to choose Hards, almost always. It was usually pretty clear when I needed to choose softs (much lower temps). But now it seems the opposite. I now tend to choose Softs first, and monitor the tire temps over a few laps. If they stay around 90C (maybe even slightly more) I keep the softs. But I do notice that after about 8-10 laps they start to fade. And you need to be a bit cautious not to cook them too early in the race, otherwise they lose grip pretty fast.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44

After the last patch, I just have trouble coming out of corners. I will put the rear anti roll bar all the way down and I still spin accelerating out of corners.
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by awaite85 View Post
    After the last patch, I just have trouble coming out of corners. I will put the rear anti roll bar all the way down and I still spin accelerating out of corners.
    Which cars?

Raise the power ramp angle to reduce acc diff lock.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

The Ford GT in the GTE Class and both Mustang's in the GT4 class. They were fine before the last patch.
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe try shifting your wheel rate to the front some. I tend to find the default loose setups have to much rear bias in the natural frequency of the springs, typically I like 10% rear, and I know on some of the cars the loose is like 20% +
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I dont have issues with tyre temp on the rain.They work just fine for me with almost every car.Except...
    How about track tyres of the Lotus 49?its impossible to race that car on the wet!

Historic career mode event at Monza is unbeatable.its impossible to win since the AI has all the grip in the world while we,after two laps,loose all surface contact due to blue tyres.they get cold so easily,not matter what setup or driving style i use.Spa Historic is even worse.And dont get me started with classic Silverstone!Huge puddle after the last chicane,but the AI cars just go there without problems and we cant do it.
    And im off topic...but its impossible to talk about tyre temp in the rain without mentioning the issue that is AI grip in the rain compared to the (lack) of grip we have due to the tyres.
    Ir seems to affect the Lotus 49 more than other cars that use track tyres.The Lotus 25,Ferrari 330,GT40,they all work well in the rain.But the 49 suffers a lot.
    Again,the racing difficulties are not so much related to tyre temp but more to the insane grip the AI cars have.It just takes a little effort to tame the 49 on rain conditions,but you will always be well behind the AI no matter what you do.They seem to race in the dry,judging the by way they take turns and never leave the racing line no matter how huge and depth the puddles are