Thread: Impossible to warm up tyres on the rain

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Impossible to warm up tyres on the rain

Hello guys/girls!

Its really hard to warm up tyres when its raining,dont't you have the same issues?

Track tyres
    Imagine starting a race with clear weather (or non-raining).The tyres get warm in a normal pace, with a nice green colour.But when it rains they get cold/blue and its impossible to get them to green,no matter how hard i brake or turn.Take the Lotus 49 at historic Monza on career mode.We startup from the beggining with green tyres and rain but around lap 2 ir 3 they are blue.I get that vintage tyres are much harder to warm up than rain tyres,but should they be cold for such long time?

Rain tyres
    They dont get blue as fast as the track tyres,but they do get cold and dont return to green aswell.

I wont pretend im a great at driving in wet conditions,so i obviously don't put aside the possibility of this issue happening due to my driving,but i think i saw in a thread about the AI behavior on puddles people talking about this,so i might as well report this.
    Cheers guys!i'll post a couple more things in the next days though

Platform
    PC
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: Hugo Catarino

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Catarino View Post
    Hello guys/girls!

Its really hard to warm up tyres when its raining,dont't you have the same issues?

Track tyres
    Imagine starting a race with clear weather (or non-raining).The tyres get warm in a normal pace, with a nice green colour.But when it rains they get cold/blue and its impossible to get them to green,no matter how hard i brake or turn.Take the Lotus 49 at historic Monza on career mode.We startup from the beggining with green tyres and rain but around lap 2 ir 3 they are blue.I get that vintage tyres are much harder to warm up than rain tyres,but should they be cold for such long time?

Rain tyres
    They dont get blue as fast as the track tyres,but they do get cold and dont return to green aswell.

I wont pretend im a great at driving in wet conditions,so i obviously don't put aside the possibility of this issue happening due to my driving,but i think i saw in a thread about the AI behavior on puddles people talking about this,so i might as well report this.
    Cheers guys!i'll post a couple more things in the next days though
    The priority is PRESSURE vs temperature. Pressure is more subject to core temperature than tread temperature.
    To prove this set a cold event, start the race and sit on the line without launching. With the telemetry HUD, watch the tread temps & pressures. PSI ^ & Tread Temps \/.
    I find brake duct adjustments to be most effective @ regulating the pressures though not always available & are pit garage accessible only so if the conditions change over the course of the race adjusting these are not an option and compromises will be needed.
    Here are some target pressures.
    Last edited by SCClockDr; 13-03-2018 at 18:51.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hugo Catarino, VelvetTorpedo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I find in the wet you want your tires really cold? I very well could be wrong, but i'm doing some practice at Donington in the wet and finding that after my tires get some heat in them its undrivable,

https://youtu.be/FEC5NVlThCI
    Last edited by sim26; 13-03-2018 at 21:59.