Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer: Save after Qualifying and resume next day?

Platform
    PC

Multiplayer: Save after Qualifying and resume next day?

Hope this hasnīt been discussed elsewhere, my limited forum search abilities didnīt help me so far.

Iīd like to ask whether anybody is having any idea of how to run a qualifying session in MP and then save that result and go on with the race next day. Reason for asking is that Iīd like to host a 2.4 hrs race (24 hrs with 10x time acceleration) with an hour of qualifying before. I feel like itīs a bit too much for us old farts concentration-wise to run it all on one after the other.

I first thought about running it as an Online Championship with one race only but that just jumps from Q right into the race without any chance of interruption. Didnīt try a simple online race yet but as far as I remember itīs the same.

So I wonder whether there is any workaround to have a Q session on a Saturday and then resume for the race on Sunday. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    Hope this hasnīt been discussed elsewhere, my limited forum search abilities didnīt help me so far.

Iīd like to ask whether anybody is having any idea of how to run a qualifying session in MP and then save that result and go on with the race next day. Reason for asking is that Iīd like to host a 2.4 hrs race (24 hrs with 10x time acceleration) with an hour of qualifying before. I feel like itīs a bit too much for us old farts concentration-wise to run it all on one after the other.

I first thought about running it as an Online Championship with one race only but that just jumps from Q right into the race without any chance of interruption. Didnīt try a simple online race yet but as far as I remember itīs the same.

So I wonder whether there is any workaround to have a Q session on a Saturday and then resume for the race on Sunday. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.
    What you can do is have someone record the Qualifying results order, then run 1 extra lap as a "formation" lap the next day and manually sort drivers into their proper starting order during that lap. The track will already be "green" and it will count as a race lap, but just have the driers treat it as a manual formation lap and go green at the striep the next time by.

It is essentially what we do for our league races, although we don't need to sort anymore as we do the full 45 minutes paractice, 45 minutes qualifying, 2.4 hours race in one night.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    You can also enter in the lobby in the order of the qualification session. That allows standing starts without the extra formation lap.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    You can also enter in the lobby in the order of the qualification session. That allows standing starts without the extra formation lap.
    Wasn't sure of that worked. Will definitely test that out!
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Wasn't sure of that worked. Will definitely test that out!
    We always use this system when we have to repeat the start for any reason.
    With voice comunication is easy to do because you call to enter the players in right order. The only problem is that the server that controls the session (poleman), could be different from the original one.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-03-2018 at 17:30.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator/// Open Weather App
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Thank you both for your suggestions, highly appreciated. Honestly I didnīt expect many answers as I thought it would be impossible anyway.

I generally like both ideas. On Nords though the "formation lap" would take us almost a quarter of an hour. Asturboīs idea means somebody else (the poleman) has to set up the race.

Anyway, I think Iīm gonna set both ideas on discussion in my league. Letīs see what they think about it.

Thanks alot to both of you.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Have been thinking about it for a minute and I guess itīs easy to solve: Nords, standing start and time to sort the cars up to the Hatzenbach straight. Thereīs a line at the end of the second sector (right before the Veedol Chicane) which I can use as a s/f line with "flying start". Problem solved.

Platform
    PC
    somebody else (the poleman) has to set up the race.
    The usual server could setup the race, then the poleman joins, and after the poleman is in the lobby, the server could leave the session and enter in his place for the start.

Thereīs a line at the end of the second sector (right before the Veedol Chicane) which I can use as a s/f line with "flying start". Problem solved.
    If you race with flying start and you have voice comunication, there is no problem. The lider could launch the race when confirms that all players are in the right place.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 14-03-2018 at 18:45.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    If you race with flying start and you have voice comunication, there is no problem. The lider could launch the race when confirms that all players are in the right place.
    I think it could be a good idea to go through the chicane one by one and declare the race started for everybody who leaves the chicane.

Platform
    PC
    We did a similar approach with our 2.4 Hours of Le Mans. The formation lap only took us to the middle of the Mulsanne straight and we used the big yellow crane as the start line.

Definitely possible to do something similar at Nords.
    System Specs
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981