Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Suggestions and Questions

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Platform
    PC

    Suggestions and Questions

    Hey all,

    been playing pCars 2 for about 30 hours now, after about 300 on the first title. It's way better and there are some great things in it but I have some suggestions which I hope could be considered to be implemented:

    While selecting AI opponents (Multi and Singleplayer), I'd love to be able to regulate how much cars for each class. i.e. GT3 and GT4 multiclass race, 31 opponents and I can change the number so I can say I want 10 of the 31 cars to be GT3 and the other 21 to be GT4.
    This and the possibility to rule out certain cars. Example: I love group c racing (big thumbs up for the included cars already), but I'd like to rule out the Nissan GTP and the LM versions or non LM versions depending on track.
    Even better would be if we could single handedly rule out certain liveries, as I'm not the biggest fan of the fantasy liveries
    Lastly, if the tire pressure you select in your tuning setup would automatically apply to your pit strategies it'd be great. I got 3 presets for pitstops and every time when I'm driving a different car/setup/track adjusting the tire pressure for the 3 strategies can be a bit annoying

    Other than that everything is great! The AI could use some tweaking here and there, but from what I've heard it became better since release. Keep that up!

    Now to the questions:
    Tire pressure again, example: I set up my pressure to 1.7 bar for all four tires in practice, setup is saved etc etc, I load up qualifying and everything is fine, but when I load up race I suddenly have like 2.2 Bar besides the setup still saying I have 1.7 dialed. (2.2 in the overview box in the top right corner and telemetry HUD during driving)
    Is there any sense in that?

    Second question:
    is it possible that the AI treats other players (non host) in multiplayer differently than me (host)?
    I'm not really having trouble with them but my friend seems to always get rammed by them (maybe he's just a bad driver )

  2. #2
    Moderator Bealdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leipzig
    Posts
    9,394
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by colinL View Post
    Now to the questions:
    Tire pressure again, example: I set up my pressure to 1.7 bar for all four tires in practice, setup is saved etc etc, I load up qualifying and everything is fine, but when I load up race I suddenly have like 2.2 Bar besides the setup still saying I have 1.7 dialed. (2.2 in the overview box in the top right corner and telemetry HUD during driving)
    Is there any sense in that?
    The pressures shown in the car setup are cold pressures for almost all cars (LMP1 beiong one of the few exceptions).
    Pressures will be higher at race start because tires are pre heated.

    Quote Originally Posted by colinL View Post
    Second question:
    is it possible that the AI treats other players (non host) in multiplayer differently than me (host)?
    I'm not really having trouble with them but my friend seems to always get rammed by them (maybe he's just a bad driver )
    Should make no difference.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

    The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

    Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

    PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    256
    Platform
    PC
    The 1.7 is your cold tire pressure. For practice and qualifying you start out with cold tires. For races, your tires are pre-warmed to optimal temps. Sometimes you'll have to adjust your pressures for the race if the pre-warmed take your pressures higher than they should be.

  4. #4
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Platform
    PC
    Ah ok, so the pressure for the race is still the same as I dialed in in the setup, just warmed up. So it'd be the exact same as having the tires warmed up during the quali.

    Thanks very much

  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    256
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by colinL View Post
    is it possible that the AI treats other players (non host) in multiplayer differently than me (host)?
    I'm not really having trouble with them but my friend seems to always get rammed by them (maybe he's just a bad driver )
    Your friend might be driving in his mirrors too much and weaving around. They are pretty good about not ramming you now, but if you are moving around a lot and not sticking to a line, there is a chance they are going to smash into you like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by colinL View Post
    While selecting AI opponents (Multi and Singleplayer), I'd love to be able to regulate how much cars for each class. i.e. GT3 and GT4 multiclass race, 31 opponents and I can change the number so I can say I want 10 of the 31 cars to be GT3 and the other 21 to be GT4.
    I like this idea. I was thinking about this last night. I was doing some offline races with the Bronco and go-karts and wished I could have added all go-karts with just me in the Bronco. I run them on shorter tracks and with snow to practice my posititional awareness. I'd love to have more of those little guys buzzing around to make it even more challenging to avoid any incidents.

  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot Sentry87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    274
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by g.stew View Post
    The 1.7 is your cold tire pressure. For practice and qualifying you start out with cold tires. For races, your tires are pre-warmed to optimal temps. Sometimes you'll have to adjust your pressures for the race if the pre-warmed take your pressures higher than they should be.
    So we should lower tire pressures more after qualifying and before each race, correct?

  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Platform
    PC
    Not necessarily, if you dial in 1.7 and when warmed up they got 2.2 and the car drives fine leave it
    The following user likes this Post: Sentry87


  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot Sentry87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    274
    Platform
    PC
    Alright, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Multiplayer - questions, suggestions and confusion(s)
    By RobPhoboS in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-09-2017, 17:57
  2. Questions for developer /.suggestions
    By blk95cars in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2016, 18:44
  3. Pit Strategies / Pit Manager- Future Change Questions and Suggestions
    By Marrrfooo in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-07-2015, 13:10
  4. Suggestions
    By WonBin in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 13:37
  5. Suggestions and/or questions
    By Desopit in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-05-2015, 11:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •