Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboards on consoles

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Leaderboards on consoles

I just found out that car leaderboards are much more restricted on consoles than PC. I understand this is a console issue, not the game, so completely understandable.

Please forgive this newbie question, but is there somewhere online that I can look up the complete leaderboards (per car/track) updated live (or close to it)?

Platform
    PC
    "The more I practice, the luckier I get"

Banned
    Isn't that board pc only?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    Isn't that board pc only?
    Yes.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Platform
    PC
    Sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought that the OP was aware that complete leaderboards weren't available for console. I figured that posting a link to the PC leaderboards the OP could get an idea of what kinds of times were being recorded for various cars and tracks. Probably not what they were looking for but I thought that they could give some representative times.
    "The more I practice, the luckier I get"

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Unfortunately, this limitation makes time trials on the PS4, kind of pointless. Curse you Sony

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If the online leaderboard is PC only, that's not a console limitation. That's an SMS limitation..!

How hard would it be to combine the data from all 3 platforms?

This is what I was basically referring to... If there isn't already, there should be somewhere where top times gathered from ALL players can be checked. We don't need it in-game. And console players don't need to be partitioned off from the rest of the player base.

Mind you, from what I have read, the live weather feature (where you can get the game set to the actual weather at any track) gets its data from looking up a website. So why can't the leaderboards use a similar system? Pick a car/track combo, the game goes off to SMS's site, and returns the current top time...

Sorry if I am being naive, but that really doesn't sound that hard.

WMD Member
    You can only have one entry on a partucular leaderboard on the ps4. So if you set a time in a particular car then set a faster one in a different car in the same class you lose the slower time (Even though its your fastest in that car/track combo)

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    If the online leaderboard is PC only, that's not a console limitation. That's an SMS limitation..!

How hard would it be to combine the data from all 3 platforms?

This is what I was basically referring to... If there isn't already, there should be somewhere where top times gathered from ALL players can be checked. We don't need it in-game. And console players don't need to be partitioned off from the rest of the player base.

Mind you, from what I have read, the live weather feature (where you can get the game set to the actual weather at any track) gets its data from looking up a website. So why can't the leaderboards use a similar system? Pick a car/track combo, the game goes off to SMS's site, and returns the current top time...

Consoles cant use real weather for that very same limitation.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    It's not that it's hard, it requires work, infrastructure, recurring income to pay for the servers, ongoing maintenance, etc... SMS mentioned they were looking into options in this space if there is a PC3. No guarantees if there is a PC3 or if there is room (budget and time wise) for it.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips