Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PS4 players... Are we on our own?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think really they cannot afford to support it much more than current effort. Likely 90% of the company working on next game as is common with most studios. Only large studios can afford expensive long term support for a game with ho-hum initial launch

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    6 patches with significant changes doesn't really agree with that, sas.

It is where those patches are prioritized that shows SMS's focus. And it's not consoles, where the vast majority of race game players are. Your profile shows you as a PC player, sas. Is that correct..?

If so, it is simply one more player that doesn't face these issues coming here to justify SMS not addressing them. Is it really that hard to imagine what your feelings about the game would be if you DID face them and SMS totally ignored them (and us)?

The bottom line, they will never become a large studio if they continue to ignore and trivialize the largest available player base. Forza and Gran Turismo, combined, utterly dwarfs SMS's player base. Why would a company go out of their way to not go after a significant slice of those numbers? Nowadays, in gaming, you grow or you die. Small niche games don't have great longevity. The time has never been better to go after those aging bloated franchises. GT has never been weaker. Add the elements that makes GT work, they would flock here in droves. Make the game worse by hiding almost everyone playing, refuse to add rooms names so casual players can organize the way they want to, refuse to implement local saves that allow decent replay sizes and sufficient car tune slots, and they will stay where basics like that haven't been ignored. And no amount of tracks, tire models, weather and time of day will draw them in if you can't get a simple clean race (and watch it afterwards) without joining some boy band..!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Honestly i see them in full PC2 support. They are not focusing on next titles at the moment. Not yet IMHO.

PC3 has high chances of being a PS5 title so it's really hard at the moment to work on a title for future gen.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    6 patches with significant changes doesn't really agree with that, sas.

It is where those patches are prioritized that shows SMS's focus. And it's not consoles, where the vast majority of race game players are. Your profile shows you as a PC player, sas. Is that correct..?

If so, it is simply one more player that doesn't face these issues coming here to justify SMS not addressing them. Is it really that hard to imagine what your feelings about the game would be if you DID face them and SMS totally ignored them (and us)?

The bottom line, they will never become a large studio if they continue to ignore and trivialize the largest available player base. Forza and Gran Turismo, combined, utterly dwarfs SMS's player base. Why would a company go out of their way to not go after a significant slice of those numbers? Nowadays, in gaming, you grow or you die. Small niche games don't have great longevity. The time has never been better to go after those aging bloated franchises. GT has never been weaker. Add the elements that makes GT work, they would flock here in droves. Make the game worse by hiding almost everyone playing, refuse to add rooms names so casual players can organize the way they want to, refuse to implement local saves that allow decent replay sizes and sufficient car tune slots, and they will stay where basics like that haven't been ignored. And no amount of tracks, tire models, weather and time of day will draw them in if you can't get a simple clean race (and watch it afterwards) without joining some boy band..!
    You could literally bore the tits off a tortoise mate. Jesus wept, let it go.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following user likes this Post: senna94f1

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    You could literally bore the tits off a tortoise mate. Jesus wept, let it go.
    I'll try to be more monosyllabic for your comprehension. Damn! Failed again!

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Here the issue in a nutshell... For those of you that want to deny that we on console aren't a tiny fraction of the player base.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project-cars-2-browse-online-L.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	256489

See that in the top left hand corner? 208 current online games. I seldom see 30+, usually under 20.

This could be fixed. But will SMS?

BTW, notice the room titles...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've run plenty of random rooms and over the course of the night we kick out the idiots ,,
    I have no problems racing online ,

But if you want real racing join a league,it doesn't take much time itself, it's the amount of effort you put into practicing ,

As for GT sports one week of that game and that was that, a arcade racing game for casuals ,

Where pcar2 is a hard core sim racer , we all wanted a full racing sim and SMS delivered ,yes we had a few teething problems on the way but by all accounts Pcars 2 on the ps4 is one hell of a sim racer,

It takes time and effort and practice to be good at this game and not for the casual gamer ,

Or simply go back to pcar1 , it's all really straight forward and simple tbh. And I see you've got ya self banned ,

Silly boy lol

WMD Member
    LOL well it was bound to happen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey folks,
    Interesting conversation going on here.
    I'm a relatively old bloke when it comes to gaming.
    I have 2 young kids with limited time to myself, so for me to sacrifice my time(and sleep!) to play games, it has to be bloody worth it.
    I've done my fair share of track days with a variety of cars, on a number of different tracks.
    The physics of this game(assuming you have a rig) is pretty realistic, which makes it difficult to master and takes time to learn to drive fast consistently.
    But for me that's the attraction. Otherwise it's just another arcade game.
    I'd love to have more like-minded people to race against on multiplayer, but I'd rather sacrifice quantity for quality.
    I can't commit to a league at a fixed regular date and time, so I make do.
    As far as racing classes is concerned, I tend to focus on gt3 purely because that's where most people race.
    I'm currently expanding my skills in GT 1 machinery and will work my way into TC, GP 5 etc over time.
    I like to test my skills by adding early morning and evening races, rather than the usual 2pm summer start that seems to be the norm.
    I'll usually set up a practice and quali of 20 min each and 10 lap race, and look forward to other people joining my varied rooms to race.
    If you're interested, my race tag is teamdkg, so look for me online and 'friend' me.
    I'm usually on between 10 and midnight, give or take.
    Happy racing and well done SMS on taking my precious time!
    D