Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: PC2Tuner - Engineering Tune Visualization

Platform
    XBOX1
    When you select the car from the drop down menu, the default values will populate the tool:
    The main program tool page will give you the following outputs:
    Front Damper Force vs Damper Velocity Graph
    Rear Damper Force vs Damper Velocity Graph
    Low Speed System Response Graph
    High Speed System Response Graph
    Front and Rear Dampening Ratios for (Low Speed Bump/Rebound, High Speed Bump/Rebound)
    Front & Rear Critical Dampening values
    Front & Rear Natural Frequency
    Spring Natural Frequency Bias
    Sections for Notes for additional set up values
    “Analysis” tabs give you the following functions:
    Tire set up
    Engine power
    Engine gearing
    Neutral steer channel
    G-G-V diagram
    Damper histogram
    Ride height
    “Tune Help” tabs give:
    Desired ranges
    Tune workflow
    “Import / Export tab gives:
    Ability to import a set up
    Ability to export a set up
    “Tune Database” tab gives:
    Ability to upload a set up
    Ability to download a set up

As Voodoochild says, there's a lot of goods in there!
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST
    RAW 100/38/42/0
    The following 2 users likes this Post: pcars rookie, Zeratall

WMD Member
    Bought the app yesterday based on the feedback, grabbed all the tuning videos and watched a couple a few things..

I use PC Dash as well but it appears that it only likes one app accessing data from PC2. I did a workaround by running PC Dash on my lappy, would prefer not to, though.

Configuring dampers, I can see the logic behind it but the results at the bottom of the page - how do I know what I should be aiming for in each % - ok, match left and right to balance them but how do I settle on the value in the first place?

UDP for tyres appeared to be working which I believe it a new feature - it's asking for a value for optimal temp. Pressure/temp is a little confusing to me. Info I can find appears to suggest an optimum pressure when the tyres are warm (which I don't recall ever seeing sims modelled like this before), not necessarily just an optimum temp. Also the temps would change depending on when you measured them.. when is the best time to stop the sim to take a temp snapshot? Should I ignore pressures and focus just on optimum temps?

Platform
    XBOX1
    The following is a typical process flow for tuning your suspension dampers.
    SPR
    You can set your spring stiffness for approximately 3.1 front, and then adjust the back for a 4 to 7 % rear spring stiffness.
    To start off, you want the least amount of ARB possible to retain all the available suspension travel.
    So set the ARB’s to the lowest values while doing the damper testing and adjusting.
    BMP
    Next, you can set all your dampers to the lowest “critical dampening values” where front and rear are essentially equal in the calculator.
    i.e.: If the rear lowest is 20 and the front lowest is 15, then set both to 20.
    After setting to the lowest settings as above, do a few Laps and feel how the car handles. What you are looking for is if the car is walking, having wheel hop in turns, or it feels like the front is skipping around.
    Now, in the calculator, double the “critical rate” bump values, and test again. You can keep doing this process until the car feels planted and the walking around or wheel hop has been is reduced or eliminated.
    RBD
    Now you can adjust the rebound. When you have the bump low, you could possibly experience spin.
    When you adjust the rebound that is what you are looking to eliminate.
    Therefore, keep adjusting the rebound until the body roll in turns is smooth and not abrupt.
    Once you feel the body roll is in control, then adjust the front or back slightly until the OS or US is where you like it.
    ARB
    When you are satisfied with the transit response, you can move on to the ARB’s.
    After adjusting rebound, the car body should lean smoothly in entering and exiting the turns as you would expect. However, the “amount” of body roll, or “where” the body sets in a turn may be too far.
    This is where the ARB has come into play. You can keep adjusting the ARB until that total travel of body lean is under control.
    Therefore, you adjust body roll rate with the rebound, and its maximum distance with the ARB.
    As your car starts into the start of the turn, (a transit) you will have damper and then ARB effects.
    The damper exhibits force that comes from the velocity of the damper.
    Then when the cornering reaches a steady state, (aka, the car is set, max cornering roll) the ARB comes into play because the rate of body roll in the car is zero.
    As a result, you adjust transient with the rebound and the steady state with ARB.

---Link to the Flow Chart---
    https://discordapp.com/channels/4402...80020737835029

---Link to You Tube for Tires---
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf3q...mX9uEYDl9&t=0s
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 10-06-2018 at 04:59. Reason: add
    RAW 100/38/42/0
    The following user likes this Post: Purg

Platform
    XBOX1
    I'm certainly no expert on tires, but I usually set the cold pressures to obtain the "desired" hot pressures after a minimum of 5 laps to get them warmed. Then if they are within a reasonable temp range, I just go with that.

Or you can do TT, and they start off warmed, and then they settle after about a lap or so. Hard to say definitively since there are so many variables involved.

Discord Channel
    discord.gg/VhJWSm9

You can get loads of help there.
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 10-06-2018 at 05:12. Reason: add
    RAW 100/38/42/0

Platform
    XBOX1
    This You Tube will show you all the set up tools. And specifically at 46:30 you can find the section related to the Tire Analysis.

Link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrK3...mX9uEYDl9&t=0s

^ Hope all this helps @Purg
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 10-06-2018 at 05:35. Reason: add
    RAW 100/38/42/0

WMD Member
    Thanks for the assistance, will look through them.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108, Zeratall

Platform
    XBOX1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tire index.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	255922
    RAW 100/38/42/0
    The following user likes this Post: Zeratall

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hey bud regarding your tire question, the tire setup tool is looking for a temperature gradient, it'll tell you if you have an ideal gradient, for camera and pressure adjustment, the tool also calculates how much over the "ideal temp" it's just a number you enter to determine if your overheating the tires. If you place the ideal temp somewhere in the middle of the optimal operating temperature range you'll be good to go. If you don't know what number that is, I typically use the values given when starting out on TT.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Zeratall,

I will buy your tool, thats for sure but I want to ask if it's already possible to connect a running instance of PC2Tuner on a second Pc and then connect it to a PC running ProjectCars2? So we don't need to jump in and out of the game.

Thanks in advance and keep on going!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yep that's why I developed it with UDP vs shared memory, you can totally use another pc, I personally use my laptop. Everything will work just fine!