PC

PC2Tuner - Engineering Tune Visualization

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSTlong.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	259957

Hey all,

I've recently launched a tool to help bring real world engineering principles into the simulator world.

Often I see people ask for tunes for certain cars on the forum, while this is a good starting point the purpose of the tune is to balance the car to your driving style. If you are taking someone else's tune, unless they drive exactly like you, your not going to be as fast as you could be.

The tool I've created allows you to see the results of adjustments made to the car for example, if you increase your spring rate and do not increase your dampers you are changing more than one parameter (spring rate, and damping ratio) although you physically only made one change. My tool helps you see the effect on the car as a system when you make an adjustment. This was you can balance the car in a way that makes sense to you.

View the RST tuning guide and PC2Tuner examples:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Dh...w?usp=drivesdk

To see my tool in action check out my YouTube series on using the tool.
    https://youtu.be/p6aUgFO1ftA

To read more about the tool, or to understand some of the science behind car tuning check out the link below,
    racingsimtools.com

Join the PC2Tuner Discord server to chat about PC2Tuner or ask quetions about how to tune cars. link below:
    https://discord.gg/w2MeTey
    Last edited by Zeratall; 12-10-2018 at 17:49.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Our club RWB racing have been using this tool and I have to say it's a great bit of kit!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Support Chargers opinion.

Been using this tool to set up my BMW TC for our league, and the Tire Setup tool alone transformed the car for me.

Can strongly reccommend this tool, for all struggling a bit with the understanding of Dampening, and tire temps/pressures.

Cheers RWB Audi
    Best Regards
    RWB Audi
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    PC: I7 2600k, 16Gig Ram, GTX1080 - Wheel: T500RS, G27 Shifter

Platform
    PC
    I've been fiddling with it, I'm hoping I'm on the right track. Since I'm currently using the Nissan GT-R GT3 in career mode I tried to come up with a set of numbers. Testing won't happen until much later today, does this look right to those that have used it?

Name:	gtr_gt3_tune.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	252315

Name:	gtr_gt3_tune_high_speed.png 
Views:	1865 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	252316
    Last edited by VelvetTorpedo; 27-03-2018 at 14:55.
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing * Panther Racing Division

Platform
    PC
    ye looks good to me give it a try

Platform
    PC
    Hey velvet, that looks like a good start. Your damping ratios look in range the car type, as well as your natural frequency. I would encourage you to try the setup and keep the two things described below in mind.

1) You have a fairly stiff spring setup, if you notice the car is very twitchy on controls try reducing the springs. I myself like the road cars around 3 Hz (natural frequency)

2) if you notice the car has oversteer issues, I'd first look at your differential, I've noticed on some cars the locking is to great on default and both power and ramp need to be increased (reduced locking) if your differential is all the way open then I'd decrease your rear spring, right now your sitting at 8% the lower you go the more likely to understeer the higher you go the more likely to oversteer.

Overall I think the setup should be a great start! If you have any questions or need more help please feel free to contact me via racingsimtools.com chat, as those go tm straight to my phone.
    The following user likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    I like what I've seen so far. Very nice handling car with these numbers.

edit: still needs more tuning though but definitely shows promise.
    Last edited by VelvetTorpedo; 28-03-2018 at 13:44.
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetTorpedo View Post
    I've been fiddling with it, I'm hoping I'm on the right track. Since I'm currently using the Nissan GT-R GT3 in career mode I tried to come up with a set of numbers. Testing won't happen until much later today, does this look right to those that have used it?

Name:	gtr_gt3_tune.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	252315

Name:	gtr_gt3_tune_high_speed.png 
Views:	1865 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	252316
    Spring bias to the rear by 10% will give you a fair bit oversteer on most GT3 cars. I usually run 10-15% front bias. NSX, 488 with 8-10% front bias. M6, AMG with ~15% front. You might face the same problem with the gtr. Maybe soften the rear springs if that’s the case.

Personally I run much stiffer damping too. ~75% average.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    It does get tail happy now and again, always catchable but still more time to be gained. I'm definitely going to evolve the setup and dial what I can. Those spring rates were more to get the curves to sync the soonest than for spring balance. Have to experiment

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,

I purchased the tool as it looks very promising. However, I do struggle with the car I am currently using in PC2, the Ginetta G55 GT4.
    The car does not have Fast Bump nor Fast Rebound. Please see the picture below, the stats are based on the standard stable setup.
    In the "Low Speed" tab I do not get any graph at all. What values do I have to put in into the fields where the car does not provide any values?

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post a link, so there's a blank in the https:

h ttps://picload.org/view/daipwpcw/ginetta_g55_gt4_stable.jpg.html

Thanks for your help,
    10tacle