Thread: How are equal qualifying times handled?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

How are equal qualifying times handled?

Do we know the rules for equal qualifying times in-game? I only know F1 rules where the first driver to get the time places higher. I'm not sure how other motorsports are handled or how the game handles it.

I was doing a 10 minute qualifying session last night with 25 GTE AI at Leipzig.

• On my 3rd to last lap, I got a time that put me in 2nd place.
    • On the next lap, I went off in S3, so that one and the next(final) one wouldn't count.
    • That next lap was the last one of the session and I was still in 2nd when I crossed the line (time was up).

When the qualifying results came up, I was in 3rd, and the AI in 2nd place had the exact same time as me.

So is there a different set of rules for equal qualifying times, or are there additional decimal points used to compare the times that just aren't visible to us?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Whoever has the prettier grid girls...

Platform
    PC
    My guess is that the AI had a slightly faster qualification time in the digits that aren't shown (times are rounded).
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    My guess is that the AI had a slightly faster qualification time in the digits that aren't shown (times are rounded).
    That's what I was thinking. In F1, I know they track a few more decimal places, but don't use them to compare. There was a 3 way tie a few years ago where they could have decided it with the timing data but the rules give the places in the order they got the times.