Thread: ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

Platform
    PC

Lightbulb ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs
    Infinite servers and settings
    Perfect for organize league / community races etc.

*BETA*

http://www.gef-gaming.de

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc2serverimageGUI.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	252319

Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Configs

------Linux support coming soon / Video & Pictured tutorial coming soon------

Download
    Its a Beta! Please report all issues or bugs.

More Text etc. is coming soon...

Features

- Multiple Config-Files for infinite server/session setups
    - MaxGrid / MaxPlayers automatic to max possible for a track
    - All possible Tracks and Classes in dropdownboxes
    - Easy Setup and no config editing
    - Easier Multiclass setup
    - Classmode to deactivate the class restriction (All cars possible, for Trackday / Tourist servers)

- Randomized Weather with chance in %
    - AuthenticWeather for plausible sessionchange (Pr to Q to R)
    - Override the weather to 1 Clear Slot for every Session (If the server is bugging with weather changes, its the case at the moment - 10. March 2018) with "Sunshine" Mode

- PracticeServer Mode (For Practicing the same ini/track under the week, for example in leagues)
    - Overrides the ini configuration to:
    - 24H practice and qualify session, 1 Lap race
    - No license
    - Weatherprogression to realtime
    - Dateprogression to OFF
    - deactivates mandatory Pitstop

- Automatic file copy to serverdirectory on start
    - On every serverstart get the correct and fresh server.cfg / rotateFile / motd / baseFile / statsConfig
    - For use with simresults or other services, the current stats data is deleted before every start
    - For use with simresults or other services, the sessionTracking is activated before every start
    - Edited motd (No WeatherSlots Info in Lobbychat)

Thanks to MortICi for the sms_base.lua / sms_motd.lua Files and his work on the dedicated server configs!
    His awesome Thread for the dedicated server configs

How to install

1. Download the Server Manager here
    2. Extract it anywhere

How to use

1. Start the Program
    2. Choose a Path to an empty Folder for your servers
    3. Click on Login and input at least your Steam Username
    4. Input a name for your Server
    5. Click on Add Server

Switch / Change / Duplicate / Save your Serversettings and start the Server

Known issues & Infos

- Serverrestart is not tested with the gui and maybe not working!
    - You can input your Steam Password in the login window, it will be stored in /data/settings.ini in an unreadable format. It is not a perfect protection but better then nothing. Sadly you must login with your steamaccount to download the dedicated server. Anonymous is not working

- On Add or Update Server the gui is downloading the Official Project Cars 2 Dedicated Server and my CMD-tools in order to work correctly.
    - There are very little errorchecks, so if you make something wrong there is maybe no errormessage
    - Of course it can happen that some things dont work. Please report it and i will fix it.
    - Linux support is coming soon
    - Feel free to edit the source, im not a python expert. The code is quite messy and repetetive.

Repository

https://github.com/david-maus/PC2-ServerManager-GUI
    http://www.gef-gaming.de // Project Cars 2 GT3 League & Multi Gaming Community | ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Updated the cmd-tools (You download it automaticly with a click on "Update Servers" or "Add Server"):

-emporary removed the exit handler because of some issues on some other language systems

I rewrite the some parts of the code the next weeks.

Note:
    I think one of the two "ghost" options are no longer working. At least the dedicated is thowing an error or a warning at start (ghost_griefers). Disable both or the correct one. (At the bottom under settings the two checkboxes)
    http://www.gef-gaming.de // Project Cars 2 GT3 League & Multi Gaming Community | ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

Platform
    PC
    Not sure if its part of the readme or not (didnt see anything as such) but if you create a server with spaces in the name it fails to create the directories properly (it stops at the first space)

Now to figure out why i can see my server via steam and cars2 stats server page but not in the lobby list!

Edit: looks like when i select the DS check box it will not be shown in the list, if i un-check this it shows OK - any ideas neslane?
    Last edited by MartinMWWebb; 26-04-2018 at 09:05.
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMWWebb View Post
    Not sure if its part of the readme or not (didnt see anything as such) but if you create a server with spaces in the name it fails to create the directories properly (it stops at the first space)
    Thanks, its a bug. I will check it the next days.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMWWebb View Post
    Now to figure out why i can see my server via steam and cars2 stats server page but not in the lobby list!

Edit: looks like when i select the DS check box it will not be shown in the list, if i un-check this it shows OK - any ideas neslane?
    The select DS option is for manually ds creation via ingame settings (you start your game with -selectds parameter, create and setup a lobby and then you can choose your server for hosting this session)
    If you cant see your server in the lobbylist: be sure to forward the game and steam port in your router.