Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Car behaving COMPLETELY different in race vs private testing ???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Car behaving COMPLETELY different in race vs private testing ???

Can anybody explain why my car behaves completely different during a race vs when in private testing session ???

I triple checked that EVERYTHING from track temp/ambient temp/ tire pressure is the same as in testing session.

And no I'm not driving any different or faster in the race compared to testing session. This is extremely frustrating as the car is almost undrivable during the race.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I've noticed the very same thing. Seems like they r trying to make the races harder that way or something. I had to quit 2 race, because my car was simply undriveable. 1-2 laps it was almost ok and then it was like driving a bar of soap on a wet ice.
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Alot of people in the league racing are saying this as well. We practice during the week and come race night in the league the car is totally different. On Xbo and PS4, accrooss 8 leagues with full tiers and many say the same
    The following 5 users likes this Post: CoproManiac, F1_Racer68, John_Beauregard, KrypticTMG, leeroy98

Platform
    PC
    Make sure that the proper set-up (even when using default) is (manually) loaded before starting a session and see if that helps. Are you all on consoles (i.e. Justin Case is your platform set correctly in your profile)?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    I've had this happened to me the few times I hadn't reloaded the setup I want during the pre-race ready menu.
    Always load setup in that 2 minute window before the race and you'll be sweet.
    Spread the word!
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    yep on ps4, and yes always load the correct set up between qualy and race in the 2 minute window you get to check fuel etc

Platform
    PC
    Does the game simulate dirty air? I've driven the R8 countless laps around LeMans and seem to have a lot less grip when driving near someone else. The weird thing is, that it also applies when driving IN FRONT of other cars. Even my vmax seems to increase from ~327km/h to almost 340 when driving next to or right in front of somebody which doesn't nake too much sense to me
    P900 & GT1 Maniac
    The following user likes this Post: niblips

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaulicht View Post
    Does the game simulate dirty air?
    Yup.

Bump drafting too.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaulicht View Post
    Does the game simulate dirty air? I've driven the R8 countless laps around LeMans and seem to have a lot less grip when driving near someone else. The weird thing is, that it also applies when driving IN FRONT of other cars. Even my vmax seems to increase from ~327km/h to almost 340 when driving next to or right in front of somebody which doesn't nake too much sense to me
    That is expected.

The car in front gains from slipstreaming along with the rear car.

" On the faster speedways and superspeedways used by NASCAR, and ARCA two or more vehicles can race faster when lined up front-to-rear than a single car can race alone. The low-pressure wake behind a group's leading car reduces the aerodynamic resistance on the front of the trailing car allowing the second car to pull closer. As the second car nears the first it pushes high-pressure air forward so less fast-moving air hits the lead car's spoiler. The result is less drag for both cars, allowing faster speeds."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drafti...ock_car_racing

edit - this does seem confusing but it is easy to understand if you imagine the two cars welded together. They will behave like one long car with two engines and clearly achieve higher top speed.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 29-03-2018 at 11:49.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: senna94f1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bainstyles View Post
    Can anybody explain why my car behaves completely different during a race vs when in private testing session ???

I triple checked that EVERYTHING from track temp/ambient temp/ tire pressure is the same as in testing session.

And no I'm not driving any different or faster in the race compared to testing session. This is extremely frustrating as the car is almost undrivable during the race.
    how many AI are you running against? There is an entire thread about this issue. Seems to be an XB1 processor power issue.
    Last edited by AbeWoz; 29-03-2018 at 13:32.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300