Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Car behaving COMPLETELY different in race vs private testing ???

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry, but 1.5 months without any word from the devs?

Kart Driver
    Quite silence here so just to add a little more of this....

Last night we had a race at Hockenheim (AOR league). I was preparing my car (setup) in my private lobby, and got around low 1:39 for qual and low 1:40 with full tank. I need to say we used real time in options for all events.
    And....qual online started...had a bad feeling of the car, sliding in every corner, braking was also bad-slide slide.... had to brake earlier etc and hardly hardly got low 1:40 for qual. But it was very nice compared to race experience....I got only high 1:41 as a best time. Don't even mentioned other horrible timings.
    Tyres were so damn cold-so driving was a fighting with the car all the race. It was the worst feeling of the car in this season-others are also bad but this was a disaster. So I hasd a VERY VERY DIFFERENT CAR FEELING&HANDLING at my private loby then in online qual, race....it is happening the whole season but last night was a worst case so far.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: CoproManiac, F1_Racer68, Jezza819, Rossi46 (NL)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by brezza View Post

Last night we had a race at Hockenheim (AOR league). I was preparing my car (setup) in my private lobby, and got around low 1:39 for qual and low 1:40 with full tank. I need to say we used real time in options for all events.
    And....qual online started...had a bad feeling of the car, sliding in every corner, braking was also bad-slide slide.... had to brake earlier etc and hardly hardly got low 1:40 for qual. But it was very nice compared to race experience....I got only high 1:41 as a best time. Don't even mentioned other horrible timings.
    Tyres were so damn cold-so driving was a fighting with the car all the race. It was the worst feeling of the car in this season-others are also bad but this was a disaster. So I hasd a VERY VERY DIFFERENT CAR FEELING&HANDLING at my private loby then in online qual, race....it is happening the whole season but last night was a worst case so far.
    I'm in AOR also, I hear multiple people complain about horrendous grip levels during race (other than me lol).
    I know Yorkie mentioned there's a 'randomizer' in LiveTrack, but I don't think this is the issue for the cars skating on the track.
    Just ask yourself, in practice, how many times do you have these horrible grip levels? For me, I never have horrible grip in practice.
    Then the race comes, sometimes there's grip, sometimes there's no grip whatsoever and you can't brake normally, can't corner normally, can't get on the power normally. Laptimes are 1-2 seconds off, confidence has gone.

I don't think the randomizer in LiveTrack is the issue here, otherwise we would notice the same behavior in practice. We just have our fingers crossed and hope there's grip.
    Also, it's always a couple of people who have no grip whilst others do have grip.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: brezza, F1_Racer68, Rossi46 (NL)

Kart Driver
    If its just grip, I have no grip CONSTANTLY!!!! Its just bad going to worst like at Hockenheim.
    If I can run just one race with normal grip I had in my lobby for example!!!

Platform
    XBOX1 X

I noticed this problem again a few nights ago. I haven't driven Formula A probably since before patch 4. Just couldn't control the car back then. But since Spa is the next Formula 1 race I thought I would give it another go with a stable tune and just adjust the tire pressures. Normally I never test. If I do it's probably a road car since I don't drive that class often.

Took the Formula A out on Spa and it felt very good. I could almost keep it planted through Pouhon and it was very stable through Blanchimont. So then I ran a race with it. Started 3rd and moved into 1st going down the Kemmel straight. The car felt very wiggly through the turns and had massive understeer. Through Pouhon the car pushed all the way to the right and get all 4 wheels off the track. Even with the bad handling I maintained about a 7 or 8 second gap the entire 10 lap race so race traffic didn't have any effect on the handling. It was just night and day different than when I did the testing. Race lap time was about 4 seconds slower than my best testing lap.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PC
    If its just grip, I have no grip CONSTANTLY!!!! Its just bad going to worst like at Hockenheim.
    If I can run just one race with normal grip I had in my lobby for example!!!
    It's not JUST a matter of grip. The LiveTrack visual effects also do not behave correctly in many races. Rarely do we see a true dry line form in the wet races and rarely, if ever, do we see dirt and rubber build up as we expect. This is all in Multiplayer races. In single player, offline, the track behaves as expected.

Our recent races have had lower attendance due to summer in the northern hemisphere and most of our members being in North America. In those races, the lack of grip has been less of an issue although the visuals still don't work right (smaller grid, so would expect less rubber/dirt, etc.). So definitely the online grid size does SEEM to factor into the issue to some extent.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: brezza, CoproManiac

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Man i started thinking i was getting mad but glad to see this thread. Same problem here: private testing, nice setup, nice grip etc. Then SAME car, conditions on a single race, everything the same and the car grip behaves completely different, losing the rear almost without notice, the car even takes off when countersteering.

Suffered in several tracks and cars. The last one Le Mans Vintage and Gt40 MkIV. Any advice or trick for this?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseo88 View Post
    Any advice or trick for this?
    Wait for a fix is all I know to do. The only other alternatives are buy an XBox1X or switch over to PC.
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Wait for a fix is all I know to do. The only other alternatives are buy an XBox1X or switch over to PC.
    I'm on PC and it happens to a lot of other PC players. Probably something just not going correctly with the game itself.
    There's no fix, just keep your fingers crossed and hope you get lucky.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I just noticed this issue in the last couple [GT3] races. The difference between soft slicks (qual) and hard slicks (race) is too drastic lately. The car used to behave similarly on softs and hards with the primary difference being lower grip on hards. The last few races though, hards seem to make blending inputs frustrating.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3770k / GTX 1070 / 32gb DDR3 @1333 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5