Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Car behaving COMPLETELY different in race vs private testing ???

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    As I wrote in another thread, I suspect it has something to do with initial grip of track at race beginning. It's like it's completely clean, not rubbered. At the same time surface during Private Practice has more initial grip.
    I came to this conclusion because of the fact, that at the end of longer races (ie 2h), I could do times closer to what achieved on Private Practice.

All those real-time changing conditions and factors (pressures, temps, amount of fuel, self-confidence/risk) adds lot of variability which might be using as excuse. For sure it makes harder to debug the problem especially without tools which could display values playing role in car behavior evaluation.
    But it's too deterministic to be not obvious, that we are facing some issue. Unfortunately SMS decided to give us ahm ... silence... providing no single answer/information. I'm sure they know the answer (why shouldn't they). To me it's another (non-direct) proof confirming that it's an issue. Otherwise they would have been providing dozens scientific evidences to back up the PC2 cars behavior.
    MaXyM, did you see this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...32#post1503132
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    I always have feeling something is wrong with it. That simulation of some independent values is in fact not independent but scaled to something else.
    But Mahjik confirmed it for XB1. I'm on PC.

In fact, in the past (I believe before patch3) I noticed difference in amount of water on the track depending on number of cars. I mean the more cars the more water. But I though it's a random occurrence rather than deterministic issue. Now I think it might be related to not drying best line under constant (light) rain. Simply while more cars should heat up the best line speeding up vaporization, this effect is reversed by more water generated by the game.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I have tried to post about this issue several times and it's good to see a discussion going. I totally agree. I am 2 seconds faster in testing than qualifying and then a further 2 seconds down in the race. Braking points are obviously earlier in the race vs qualifying. If I try to brake at anywhere near the points I would in testing, I miss the corner totally. I drive conservatively in races, so I expect to be a bit slower. But practice at least, where mistakes are pretty cost-free, should be competitive with private testing times. Even putting aside the times, the car FEELS different. And always in a negative way. I guess its just something we have to live with. But it is galling that it doesn't seem to affect everyone the same way. I can be third in qualifying but 10th or lower in the race with much worse lap times than the guys I was even with in qualifying. Does it matter? Not really. But it is frustrating not to be able to replicate performance. And with limited set-up knowledge, I don't feel able to consistently adjust for the different handling.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    This is an interesting post. I use PS4 not XB1 and i feel a big loss from qualy to race where grid size is effectively the same BUT the loss of grip he describes is 100% what i experience, biggest issue is coming out of corners and spinning then an overall sense of less grip but corner exit is chronic.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've noticed the difference between private practice and online races since game release.
    I race in a league every second Sunday I have a 90min or some times a 2.4hr race.
    On my off weekend Iam usually practicing in private practice.
    I'am ALWAYS 1-2 seconds quicker in private practice then the online race with the same setup and fuel loads and same track conditions.
    Only a couple of my league buddies seem to notice.. maybe it's car related? As we run a mixed lmp2 and gt3 field.
    Technically with live track it should be the opposite right? Slower in practice with one car lapping putting down rubber... in a race lobby with 25 guys circulating the track should get faster as it rubbers in??

I did have exception which was last race at
    Daytona road course... a 2.4hr race set to x10 time progression and light rain x3 slots and 1 overcast slot. Race start at 16:00
    I was in a gt3 for the first 90mins I was fine... matching most of my practice times... even in the noght period. after I pitted.. zero grip all of a sudden.. same conditions... on worn wet tyres i had better grip then fresh wet tyres.
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Tires are sometimes a pain, so I can concur with Glasnost.

Happened to me a couple of time at the Nordschleife. I had to pit because I ran out of fuel and changed tires, too. Back on track the car felt like a pile of crap, jumping from over- to understeering and backwards, though both pressure and temperature were within an optimum range. Somehow I survived one lap, or crashed, pitted again with the same strategy and the car felt exactly like it should afterwards.

Or another example. We had a race a couple of weeks ago at Zolder. We started with light rain, which stopped at a certain point and the track got dry step by step. Rain tires on a (partially) dry track always do the same thing: They're getting hot and need to be cooled. Well, sometimes the physics of pCARS2 decides to ignore the laws of physics, and wet tires cool down on a dry track.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	254830

FYI, at lap #14 I've pitted and got a new set of slicks. The drop of temperature with those was completely ok, because the track had only around 19°C at this point and the track wasnt completely dry. During the rain period my tires were completely fine, and as soon as the rain stopped there must have been a new ice age starting.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    You haven't experienced this phenomena, then you don't really understand what is going on. It becomes apparent from the moment you leave the pit lane, that something drastic has changed. Even at low speed, the car barely controllable, and your stable set up is now undriveable (though none of the set up settings have changed) and is now utterly useless. It has nothing to do with cold tires, processor speed, or AI. It's as if the track froze over. There should be a sign at the exit of pit lane that reads "chains required".

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Westinghouse View Post
    You haven't experienced this phenomena, then you don't really understand what is going on. It becomes apparent from the moment you leave the pit lane, that something drastic has changed. Even at low speed, the car barely controllable, and your stable set up is now undriveable (though none of the set up settings have changed) and is now utterly useless. It has nothing to do with cold tires, processor speed, or AI. It's as if the track froze over. There should be a sign at the exit of pit lane that reads "chains required".
    Exactly this feeling in career mode at certain tracks during transitional weather , Silverstone and Daytona have been problematic in fact race ruining for me . Hope it’s going to get sorted soon as enough people have talked about it . I am certain it has nothing to do with setup and is either wet tyres not going on (although I visually can see they have ) or a live track problem.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The video below is the source of the times, recorded in one session. PQR with same time and conditions. I did this after I spent the previous day ( 4 hours) racing with this track car combination hoping that would make the results more consistent and representative. I used race pressures and set up throughout. Near default loose with only slight adjustments to brake pressure and fuel load / tyres / gears.

Private practice - 55.8 (edit added)

Practice - me - 55.8s. AI - 54.8 to 55.7

Qual - me - 55.3. AI - 54.4 to 55.4

Race - me - 54.9 AI - 54.2 to 55.6

I crashed out on lap seven in the race but I see no evidence from these results of vastly varying conditions or AI performance. The track felt the same to me with no unexpected variation.

PDQ

Private practice set to same conditions.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 27-05-2018 at 16:28. Reason: added private practice.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    Is this going to be fixed?
    It is ruining what I think is a real good game.