Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Car behaving COMPLETELY different in race vs private testing ???

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by bainstyles View Post
    Can anybody explain why my car behaves completely different during a race vs when in private testing session ???

I triple checked that EVERYTHING from track temp/ambient temp/ tire pressure is the same as in testing session.

And no I'm not driving any different or faster in the race compared to testing session. This is extremely frustrating as the car is almost undrivable during the race.
    Depending on which car and which track, and how many AI you select, or individual racers are in, the XBOne will reach a limit to the amount of data that it can process effectively.

There are threads currently going on about cars and tracks and how they perform with a certain number of AI, and what does and doesn't work effectively at this point.

You will have to come to some conclusion about the car and track combo you are using, and how many AI or racers can work, then tune your set up for that combo and conditions in race.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Iīm on Xbox one X, most powerful console there is, and it still happens. Clearly no a power issue.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bultaco85 View Post
    Iīm on Xbox one X, most powerful console there is, and it still happens. Clearly no a power issue.
    Not sure about that, how many AI are you running?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bultaco85 View Post
    XBOX 1X is same CPU, but clocked faster. Similar, but to a lesser degree CPU capability issues to XBOX One.

Clearly a game requirement to console power capability issue.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes I am on Xbox 1.

Yes I have preloaded my setup before the race. Then I even tweaked setup after the race, restarted then raced again and still the same. Undriveable. Car is sliding and oversteering like crazy which again NEVER did that in practice

Thanks everyone for responses. Guess its time to get out of consoles and onto PC !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Itīs not the same CPU, itīs a 4 times more powerful custom cpu on top of being clock faster. Youīre really not much into it, arenīt you?

It could never be an issue of CPU in ONE X when a PS4 runs it ok with 4x less power.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    20 on Barcelona.

Iīve tried to reload the setup before race as per your recomendation and it helped. The physics donīt change per se but i get a lot more understeer and braking issues. Maybe due to dirty air?
    AI always has more braking power, but itīs ok, can manage it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think that the issue here is that theses changes make more difficult to set up a propper race, because even without it we have to adapt to AI/Track combo, thus we can take a lot of time.
    I understand this is the price to pay for having a fully dynamic sim that gives it a lot of depth, while in games like Assetto Corsa by comparison you just have to work on one scenario.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Whatever console, whatever CPU, MPU, whatever, whatever, the fact remains that a lot of users experience this issue, are frustrated, and can only wait until the next patch maybe improves it further.

Yes always re load your setups when entering a room.
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!