Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Car behaving COMPLETELY different in race vs private testing ???

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bultaco85 View Post
    20 on Barcelona.

I´ve tried to reload the setup before race as per your recomendation and it helped. The physics don´t change per se but i get a lot more understeer and braking issues. Maybe due to dirty air?
    AI always has more braking power, but it´s ok, can manage it.
    Try start your race in last place, wait for the AI to get halfway on their lap and then start driving normally. You should have no influence of dirty air from the AI at that point. If the same thing is still happening then try the same conditions and same headstart with less AI and more AI.
    The following user likes this Post: Endiku

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    ok that's interesting to read the other posts as I and anothe couple people had begun to think that it was becaue when we practice there are 1 - 5 people in a lobby and when we race there are 16. So it makes sense. I consider it a distinct possibility at this stage

The caveat is that we have some people report issues for example at RA, in practice can ride the kerbs but not in race. Possibly fuel ride height issue or set up / game issue as obviously not dirty air related.

Cheers all.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by awaite85 View Post
    Yes always re load your setups when entering a room.
    And before going to the grid for race start.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I experience the same thing. There's something off with this game, not trying to bash or anything.
    I can spend hours in practice to make a good setup, as soon as it's raceday the car behaves strange. Certainly it does not feel like the car I've made the setup for, sometimes the car is even undriveable and I've had to quit from a couple of races because it didn't feel safe and I was afraid of ruining somebody else's race.

I dunno if the effects are overdone, or maybe there's something with LiveTrack 3.0, all I know is there's something off. Even laptimes are off, in practice I'm 1-2 seconds faster per lap than I am during the actual race.

I don't even know how to practice anymore, it seems almost futile to even practice (apart from better understanding the track i.e. driving lines, brake point, turn points).
    Start Practice Session, create setup. Then start offline mode vs AI, car behaves completely different. Create online session vs AI, car behaves differently again. Then it's raceday, car behaves differently again.
    Sometime the car feels good, most of the times the car feels off.
    What's the point of practicing when the car will feel different almost every single session?

I'm certainly not the only one who's noticing this. Even in the league I'm racing in people complain how their car feels totally different to the point of it being undriveable.

Now you might ask why there's not more of these kind of posts. I think I can answer that; because most people don't drive in a league.
    I have never noticed this strange behavior until I joined a league. Before that, I just joined random online lobbies and created a setup in the qualifying session, or I simply adjusted a couple of things when there's not too much time left.
    I never used Practice Session to create a setup before that, and now that I do, I definitely notice the strange behavior.

It's got nothing to do with loading a setup before the race, as I always do that.

Some people seem to not notice a difference, whilst others do. I don't know if it might be a hardware issue, or that it has something to do with LiveTrack 3.0. But there's definitely something going on which I can't simply point out the cause of.
    A couple of patches ago, there were problems with LiveTrack 3.0 in which some people were driving on a different surface (some people were driving on a wet track, whilst others were driving on a dry track). Maybe there's more issues with LiveTrack 3.0 like these that are harder to point out.

Other than these problems, the mass disconnects are ruining the game. It's like 2 or 3 out of every 5 games, disconnects happen. Sometimes the lobby is split into 2, or even 3. Sometimes you just get disconnected from the game and get put back in the main menu.
    I don't think this game is actually eSports ready, to me personally it feels like I'm playing a beta version.

Again, I'm not trying to bash, I'm just pointing out some of the issues I've been having with this game and I hope these things will get fixed in upcoming patches.

Platform
    PC
    keep in mind everyone that the track conditions (rubbering in) are not the same in private testing as they are in a race. IIRC private testing starts with a 'green' track whereas a race has the effect of being rubbered in from practice and quali sessions.

also, private testing, practice, and quali start on cold tires. Races start with warm tires to simulate a warm-up/formation lap. I know most people are aware of this, but just want to bring it up for those who don't.

Issues on console (xbox at least) seem to be mostly attributed to running more than a certain AI and it puts excess stress on the CPU causing the physics processes to be slowed down.

Also, it's natural for lap times to be slower in races than in qualifying because you have more fuel, and can't run the same lines you do in qualifying because of cars around you and what not.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    keep in mind everyone that the track conditions (rubbering in) are not the same in private testing as they are in a race. IIRC private testing starts with a 'green' track whereas a race has the effect of being rubbered in from practice and quali sessions.
    Maybe then herein lies the issue.

Also, it's natural for lap times to be slower in races than in qualifying because you have more fuel, and can't run the same lines you do in qualifying because of cars around you and what not.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that fact. I was referring to the difference in laptimes between Private Session and Race. In Private Session with a full tank I'm 1-2 seconds per lap faster than in a race session with a full tank of fuel, with the exact same setup.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CoproManiac View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware of that fact. I was referring to the difference in laptimes between Private Session and Race. In Private Session with a full tank I'm 1-2 seconds per lap faster than in a race session with a full tank of fuel, with the exact same setup.
    could be you are running slightly different lines. I assume you have weather set the exact same in testing and race to eliminate that as a potential cause as well?
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    could be you are running slightly different lines. I assume you have weather set the exact same in testing and race to eliminate that as a potential cause as well?
    Everything is the exact same. I'm pretty consistent, 2 seconds difference in laptimes in 1 particular session is quite uncommon and mostly only happens if I accidentally mess up a corner. Certainly not something that happens consistently.

I'm just curious, but do you use Private Session to create setups and then race them online, for example in a league? If you do, don't you feel any difference whatsoever, ever?

Platform
    PC
    no, i use 'custom event' with AI turned off to get a baseline

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    no, i use 'custom event' with AI turned off to get a baseline
    I've tried that too, some people recommended creating a private online session, but whatever I try, car feels different on raceday.
    I dunno what to do to, I'm just at the point it feels less of a joy to play the game. There's definitely something going on and others notice it too.

I wish I could pinpoint the cause of it, but I can't.

Another curiosity, but why do you create a baseline in custom event?