Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Mixed reality VR tips to achieve 90fps

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm running at 200% in SteamVR as I prefer the enhanced visual quality over the frames (don't really suffer from motion sickness). I still get a fair amount of reprojection, but it's much much better with Brinkman's settings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The new reprojection in WMR once turned on in the settings file is really good. During races, most of the time, the only way I can tell that I'm not at 90FPS is either when it clicks in (I can tell sometimes but not all the time that it clicked in) or when the little light (also recently added) tells me that I'm not at 90FPS. But my goal is still to be at 90FPS as much as I can. So I've found that 130% is a good setting. And if I'm doing a race in perfect weather day conditions 150% keeps me at 90FPS. And if you saw the previous posts linked above, depending on the track I can get 90FPS with 130% at night too.
    I7 7700K@5.0GHz | ASUS Z170 | 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 (as of May 18th, 2018) | 500GB SSD | 2TB HDD | Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW GT2 & Formula Black Wheels | TH8A Shifter | Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals | Samsung Odyssey HMD
    VoiceAttack Profile: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ntrol)-Profile

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    What is the new reprojection scheme you're talking about? I got my headset a few weeks ago so it's possible I've already been using it. I haven't been able to locate it in the settings however.

Edit : Found it, looks like it's some beta feature. Gonna try it out!

Edit Edit: Wow! That setting is incredible can't really tell the difference between 45 and 90 with that setting...... Glad to be a WMR user Thank you coloracer!
    Last edited by SpaceLionDC; 26-05-2018 at 05:49.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceLionDC View Post
    What is the new reprojection scheme you're talking about? I got my headset a few weeks ago so it's possible I've already been using it. I haven't been able to locate it in the settings however.

Edit : Found it, looks like it's some beta feature. Gonna try it out!

Edit Edit: Wow! That setting is incredible can't really tell the difference between 45 and 90 with that setting...... Glad to be a WMR user Thank you coloracer!
    Yeah. It is a great setting. So now, it almost, you might be able to see some artifacts but when racing I'm not looking for that, doesn't matter if you drop to 45FPS.

Did you turn the other setting on that tells you when you're in reprojection? It is in the same file. But I don't have my gaming computer on so I can't look at the name. I have it on just so I can tell if reprojection is on or not.
    I7 7700K@5.0GHz | ASUS Z170 | 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 (as of May 18th, 2018) | 500GB SSD | 2TB HDD | Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW GT2 & Formula Black Wheels | TH8A Shifter | Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals | Samsung Odyssey HMD
    VoiceAttack Profile: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ntrol)-Profile

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Definitely, the artifacts don't bother me at all, I'd easily take those for more clarity and frames.

I turned the other setting on as well, super useful. Without that setting I honestly wouldn't know!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceLionDC View Post
    Definitely, the artifacts don't bother me at all, I'd easily take those for more clarity and frames.

I turned the other setting on as well, super useful. Without that setting I honestly wouldn't know!
    With the latest beta you don't even see the artifacts unless you drop too far in frame rate.
    The following user likes this Post: SpaceLionDC

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
    With the latest beta you don't even see the artifacts unless you drop too far in frame rate.
    Wonder if these settings would improve the Vive Pro experience, as I returned mine, would someone like to try ans post findings?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The specific settings we're talking about here are hardware level settings so I don't think you'd be able to use them with a Vive unfortunately

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I am so glad I found this thread. I got a Samsung Odyssey last week and was having a difficult time getting it to work at playable FPS in Project CARS 2, even though it performs very well in iRacing, Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience. I will try these settings tonight when I get home from work.

I am curious, what is the big change here? Is it turning off the mirror display on my monitor? Also, I am having trouble using my cursor with the Odyssey anyway, am I understanding correctly that I will need to use the gaze control and my keyboard to navigate in the game?
    Gaming PC Specs - Core i5 8600K CPU, EVGA Nvidia 1080ti 11 GB, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 64-bit
    Racing Equipment - Samsung Odyssey VR Headset, Simxperience Accuforce V1, Fanatec Clubsport V1.5 Shifter and Main Performance PC SimPedals, all of which are mounted to an Obutto oZone cockpit
    Currently playing GT Sport (PS4 Pro), Forza 7 (PC), Raceroom Experience (PC), Project C.A.R.S. 2(PC), Assetto Corsa (PC) and iRacing (PC).

Work hard and play harder . . .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero7159 View Post
    I am so glad I found this thread. I got a Samsung Odyssey last week and was having a difficult time getting it to work at playable FPS in Project CARS 2, even though it performs very well in iRacing, Assetto Corsa and Raceroom Experience. I will try these settings tonight when I get home from work.

I am curious, what is the big change here? Is it turning off the mirror display on my monitor? Also, I am having trouble using my cursor with the Odyssey anyway, am I understanding correctly that I will need to use the gaze control and my keyboard to navigate in the game?

Last edited by AutoCliubMonaco; 12-08-2018 at 07:39.