Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec adaptor ?

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Fanatec adaptor ?

There are much contradictory information in Internet about adaptors that allow the use of the Fanatec in the XBox One. What is the truth about it ? Is it possible to use Fanatec GT2 ou CSR in XBox One through an adaptor ? If so, which one ?

Platform
    PC
    pretty sure their website tells you which wheels work with Xbox and which don't.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes, their website ( FANATEC ) tells which wheels work with XBox, but these websites don't mention any adaptors. This is probably because these adaptors are manufactured by a third party. These adaptors exist but I don't know if they really work. For this reason I consulted this forum. I hope that somebody in this forum has tried the adaptors and can say something about them.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What you are asking about is the Cronus Max Drivehub. Yes it works, yes its worth it. Their site states what wheels will work. I run one on my Fanatec V2.5 to use on PS4 and it works flawless.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Although I can't comment on the Fanatec I am using the DriveHub for my T300 on the One X and it works perfectly .

Platform
    XBOX1
    Interesting. I just found out about this device (DriveHub). I'd love to be able to use my Fanatec GT2 wheel that I used to use with my Xbox 360, with my Xbox One. If DriveHub actually works as advertised without any issues, $90 seems like it would be money well spent.

The only issue I have (and it's a fairly big one) is that CronusMax doesn't exactly have a favorable reputation when it comes to other games such as CoD, The Division, etc...users of their "CronusMax Plus" are able to do all sorts of ethically questionable things such as eliminating gun recoil, firing semi-auto weapons at full-auto, with laserlike precision, etc. I'm not at all cool with that sort of thing, as in my eyes that is unquestionably cheating and users of such devices should be banned.

I really don't want to support a company that manufactures a device that advocates cheating. While DriveHub appears to only be an adaptor, and does not seem to offer the possibility of any cheats or other unfair advantages, I'm a little bit concerned that if at some point in the future, Microsoft and/or Sony do decide to take action against things such as CronusMax Plus, that they might unilaterally disallow use of ALL their devices.

I don't know, maybe I'm just being paranoid and overly idealistic. If it will let me use my favorite wheel with my favorite games, maybe I should just buy it and turn a blind eye to their other business dealings.

Thoughts?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Buy it, dont be a vagina. Your $90 isnt going to matter lol
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    Buy it, dont be a vagina. Your $90 isnt going to matter lol
    Once again, I'm reminded why I don't visit these forums often anymore. Thanks for your eloquent input.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Once again, I'm reminded why I don't visit these forums often anymore. Thanks for your eloquent input.
    Cmon man, its a video game forum, not a first date.

If you do not want to support the company because they sell other devices that people can cheat with that is fine. At the end of the day though, your $90 isnt going to matter to them. I am sure you buy things everyday from companies that do questionable things and not even know it. Its not a big deal. Either you buy the device or if you are that morally worried about it, you do not. Its very simple. I think you are looking way too much into this and being over paranoid thinking that Microsfot/Sony will do something to "ban" the device from working. Its just a bit of a stretch.

You made this post and asked us for our thoughts. Just buy it and do not think twice. Its not like you are sending $$$ to a company that slaughters puppies or something. Its for a videogame.....

Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok so I've pretty much made the decision to go ahead and make the purchase. One question though, what are you guys doing for game/party chat? Can I plug a headset into a second controller? Would that work while racing? It's honestly been so long since I've used my wheel, that I forget what I used to do for chat on the 360.