Thread: Slow frame rates

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Slow frame rates

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to improve frame rates on XBox One S, currently the game is slow and jerky and very unpleasant to play. I've done a lot of searching on the forum and only found a thread from 2015 which had little useful info.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    To get the best from xb1 in pc2 many people, often those with a wheel will avoid large grids. There is a known physics issue that means ffb/ physics can be wayward. Experiences vary but I find it best to stick below 15 to 20 cars.

If your game is ' slow and jerky' on smaller grids then you may have other issues and are best advised to post a video of the issue.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    XBOX1
    Try setting the DVR to off i found this really slows the XB1 down .
    Don't go to men who are willing to kill themselves driving in circles looking for normality.
    James Hunt
    Xbox Live GT Mowzer 75

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It seems these types of issues have decreased since the latest patch (4), but I agree with turning off the DVR (capturing videos/screenshots) from the main Xbox system menu (under Preferences). I believe this has also taken care of the random crashing to home screen I was experiencing during session changes.
    Xbox OneX
    Logitech G920
    The following user likes this Post: Mowzer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSmustang550 View Post
    Has anyone got any suggestions on how to improve frame rates on XBox One S, currently the game is slow and jerky and very unpleasant to play. I've done a lot of searching on the forum and only found a thread from 2015 which had little useful info.
    If you have telemetry up on the screen, you will get slow frame rates. Also like mentioned, try turning the DVR off and lower grids.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks guys, will try the DVR and the telemetry thing. I haven't noticed any difference between full grid and having no other cars on track.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I and my friends had slow frame rates in online public lobbies yesterday with 10 players.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I notice slow sluggish feeling I notice is when I have telemetry up. Feels like it drops about 10 frames. I haven’t disabled the dvr cause I didn’t think of that.

Also I have noticed that if I just shit the system off and the go back and pick up where the game left off it feels a little sluggish, but if you close the game and fully shut the system down and reboot it it clears up.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb24 View Post
    I notice slow sluggish feeling I notice is when I have telemetry up. Feels like it drops about 10 frames. I haven’t disabled the dvr cause I didn’t think of that.

Also I have noticed that if I just shit the system off and the go back and pick up where the game left off it feels a little sluggish, but if you close the game and fully shut the system down and reboot it it clears up.
    With telemetry up, you will have frame rate drops unless you are on an X. I would not recommend shutting the system down to continue back where you left off. I always do a correct shut down. I do not like the instant on feature. Causes network issues, game issues etc
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****