Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Patch 5.0

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Just for the record, I did 3rd.
    Finally I did chose softs, which feel more planted, but was requiring some care regarding temperatures. At the end, race pace is a bit slower especially with 120L of fuel. I did 1.58.x regularly, with 1.58.3 best lap. BTW in qual I did my PB 1.56.6 which gave me 4th pos.
    I did the 1-hour race with single set of tires, ending with 24% of wear. For the whole race I was able to maintain temperatures at no more than 100 with rare peeking at 102*C.
    Race setup was stable based with 1 front aero (originally 0), rear toe 0.02 instead of 0.04, and slightly modified diffs (55/45) and all initial pressures at 1.35Bar what gave me 1.79 peek.
    Temperatures was: 21-22 ambient, 34 track.
    Pretty high temps for soft tires as you don't want to exceed 90 but how did they feel? Didn't seem to slow you too much.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer

Platform
    PC
    Finally I did chose softs, which feel more planted, but was requiring some care regarding temperatures. At the end, race pace is a bit slower especially with 120L of fuel. I did 1.58.x regularly, with 1.58.3 best lap. BTW in qual I did my PB 1.56.6 which gave me 4th pos.
    I did the 1-hour race with single set of tires, ending with 24% of wear. For the whole race I was able to maintain temperatures at no more than 100 with rare peeking at 102*C.
    Race setup was stable based with 1 front aero (originally 0), rear toe 0.02 instead of 0.04, and slightly modified diffs (55/45) and all initial pressures at 1.35Bar what gave me 1.79 peek.
    Ok MaXym. So you are good now with the p threads 4 solving your strange LSS behavior. Ready to move on and enjoy the game once more the 1:56.6 sounds good.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    Pretty high temps for soft tires as you don't want to exceed 90 but how did they feel? Didn't seem to slow you too much.
    Yes, I would expect significant loss of traction. But tires were performing very well and predictable. And indeed I lost control no single times. No drift, nothing. Like on rails. The point was to drive smooth. For sure with such temps there is no space for drifting like when wearing hards. And what is most important in race conditions, those tires feels more stable than hards. So I was really confident about what car is doing. In turn those tires gave me an advantage in braking and turning radius. (short video)

Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Ok MaXym. So you are good now with the p threads 4 solving your strange LSS behavior. Ready to move on and enjoy the game once more the 1:56.6 sounds good.
    LSS was result of my mistake mounting wet tires on rear axle.
    pthreads seems to make things more controllable a bit but it's hard to prove it objectively. I gave this tip to my fellow who repeatedly has problems with grip in race (while non in practice). So we will see.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 07-05-2018 at 16:56.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Platform
    PC
    Ok, I am going to summarize this again since the thread is long.

Hard Tires. They appear to work well for most people in TT and private testing. I can only compare PC and PS4 though because XBOX doesn't have anyone doing BOP testing. Kryptic and Renoldo are running and although the results they have are early they are showing similar results to PC TT Leaderboard times. For some reason the PC TT times are slightly quicker in some cases but not night and day differences. The Hard tires work better for some people if low pressures are used and maintained. I am qualifying this as some people because in TT many haven't started using the low pressure solution yet. In multiplayer some people have reported back they are using the low pressure solution and personally in TT the lower pressures have definitely helped me.

Soft tires. Some people are doing better with soft tires in Private testing and Multiplayer and can make them last through a race so if this makes you confident and comfortable then go ahead and use them.

Engine Braking. Increasing the engine braking value can help if you are having the oversteer issues.(ME)

Computer issues. The p threads 4 fix has helped various people get better results in regard to car behavior while braking and turning. Not necessarily faster but more confidence inspiring which could eventually mean faster.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 07-05-2018 at 17:25.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    We did a 1-hr GT3 race at Brands Hatch this past weekend and had a mix of guys using hards and softs, all running very similar times.

Track temp was right at the point you could go either way. It all came down to car setup and driving style.
    I was able to run the softs on the AMG for about 3 laps (Quali) but after that they got too hot and I lost all grip. So I ran hards in the race.
    The guys running the ATS-V.R were able to run softs in the race with no issues.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone

Platform
    XBOX1
    Cool, congrats on your podium. I'd be too afraid to not be able to keep temps down because overheated softs are way more unpredictable than hard tyres but if it works for you then it's just fine.
    The following user likes this Post: blinkngone