Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty with high powered cars

Platform
    XBOX1

Difficulty with high powered cars

So i bought the Porsche pack. I took the 917 on private testing and i'm having lots of oversteer while on throttle in a straight line. I trying my best to give as much throttle control to keep the car stable. I understand the car to begin with has a ton of power but is there somewhere in tuning that can help reduce this ? correct me if i may be wrong but i was thinking it would have to do with differential settings/ LSD's

this also happens with the Group 5 Porsche as well or any high powered car for that matter. I just feel like i cant push the car at all with out it coming around. Another thing with the group 5 Porsche is that as the RPMs climb and i get to around 7-8k i get a rush of power from the turbo and spin out crashing violently lol

please only constructive criticism, i am still learning when it comes to tuning.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Well, first if you are using the 917/10 with the spool it's going to give you problems as you described on boost. If you want to use the spool you will have to learn to feather the throttle. In other words back off a little. Also pick a track and focus on learning that track with the car you want to tune. Then, set a goal for the lap time you want to achieve and tune/drive to get there, then try setting a faster goal and repeat.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 05-04-2018 at 17:40.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    XBOX1
    If i remember correctly i believe i have the geared lsd selected as on ( currently not in game ). what would be the best choice of the LSD's to use ?

The track i was using this on since i know it fairly well is Road America. After turn 3 on to the Moraine Strait i will be accelerating but the back end is very unstable. when i feel the rear start to get loose i back off the throttle and goes away so i keep my self from spinning out..

here is a video i found.. i tried this car in the dlc. i have no idea how they managed to keep it on track

https://youtu.be/ejAijbAfNyshttps://youtu.be/ejAijbAfNys

Platform
    PC
    Another way of thinking about this is that the controller is not the most intuitive device for controlling a car; tiny movements of the sticks equate to relatively large movements on the car. Now some people have 21st century thumbs, so they have the fine motor control necessary to succeed in racing sims. My thumbs are still stuck in the 20th century, so I just don't have that dexterity to operate everything smoothly. Now, we are talking very fine differences here, I try to be as smooth as possible in my inputs, but I know that I just can't match with a controller on my PS4 what I can do with a wheel on my PC. So I don't even try, I use TC/SC/ABS when I'm using the controller, and it really fills in the gaps and makes the car drive how I know it can be driven using a wheel, those tiny millisecond sharp adjustments that you make all the time.
    On my PC, with a wheel, that Porsche is a joy to drive all assists off, but on console I have no chance, so I use the assists and it is much closer to how it is on the wheel. I can't see the point in making it artificially hard for myself, when it ceases to become enjoyable. Driving actually feels more realistic to use the assists.

Just a personal perspective, but it won't do any harm to try. Since I started to forgive myself for not being as good as a professional driver who has spent thousands of hours doing this job, I have been happier.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Another way of thinking about this is that the controller is not the most intuitive device for controlling a car; tiny movements of the sticks equate to relatively large movements on the car. Now some people have 21st century thumbs, so they have the fine motor control necessary to succeed in racing sims. My thumbs are still stuck in the 20th century, so I just don't have that dexterity to operate everything smoothly. Now, we are talking very fine differences here, I try to be as smooth as possible in my inputs, but I know that I just can't match with a controller on my PS4 what I can do with a wheel on my PC. So I don't even try, I use TC/SC/ABS when I'm using the controller, and it really fills in the gaps and makes the car drive how I know it can be driven using a wheel, those tiny millisecond sharp adjustments that you make all the time.
    On my PC, with a wheel, that Porsche is a joy to drive all assists off, but on console I have no chance, so I use the assists and it is much closer to how it is on the wheel. I can't see the point in making it artificially hard for myself, when it ceases to become enjoyable. Driving actually feels more realistic to use the assists.

Just a personal perspective, but it won't do any harm to try. Since I started to forgive myself for not being as good as a professional driver who has spent thousands of hours doing this job, I have been happier.
    I'm not using a controller. I've been using the Thrustmaster 458 Spider, ever since i got that i've never looked back. I'm in the market to upgrade now.. been looking at the Thrustmaster TMX since its the most affordable wheel with my current budget.. and it will work for both pc and xbox which will be nice since i will be able to use it with Raceroom.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb24 View Post
    If i remember correctly i believe i have the geared lsd selected as on ( currently not in game ). what would be the best choice of the LSD's to use ?

The track i was using this on since i know it fairly well is Road America. After turn 3 on to the Moraine Strait i will be accelerating but the back end is very unstable. when i feel the rear start to get loose i back off the throttle and goes away so i keep my self from spinning out..

here is a video i found.. i tried this car in the dlc. i have no idea how they managed to keep it on track

https://youtu.be/ejAijbAfNyshttps://youtu.be/ejAijbAfNys

Ok, it's a difficult car with the controller as you can see by the 2 controller runs in at this track. I am going to post a setup for you to consider, the LSD used is Clutch LSD(the most popular choice in the game as well). Don't be too hard on yourself if you can't manage the 917/10 for a while, it's a difficult car even with a wheel. Also, are you running full boost with the largest restrictor?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-05 15-00-57-73.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	252653

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-05 15-01-29-39.jpg 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	252654

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-05 15-01-33-86.jpg 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	252655

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-05 15-01-38-97.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	252656

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-05 15-01-44-37.jpg 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	252657

Name:	pCARS2 2018-04-05 15-01-55-71.jpg 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	252658
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb24 View Post
    I'm not using a controller.
    Ah, sorry. In that case you just need to practise laying gold leaf on a sleeping butterfly's wing with your right foot, without waking it, then you will be ready
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: lollygag, Maskmagog, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Ok, it's a difficult car with the controller as you can see by the 2 controller runs in at this track. I am going to post a setup for you to consider, the LSD used is Clutch LSD(the most popular choice in the game as well). Don't be too hard on yourself if you can't manage the 917/10 for a while, it's a difficult car even with a wheel. Also, are you running full boost with the largest restrictor?
    thanks for the tune i will give this a run and see how i do.

the boost i don't remember changing.. i did however turn it down to 65 on the 934 and when it hits 8000 rpm it didnt kick so hard on me after i turned it down from 75 as default.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Ah, sorry. In that case you just need to practise laying gold leaf on a sleeping butterfly's wing with your right foot, without waking it, then you will be ready
    lmao, i will take that into consideration

Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok , tried your set up for this car and it’s alot more manageable.. still a handful but very much headed in the right direction.

I do have a question about damping though. When they mention about increase and decrease. Which way is increasing? Smaller numbers or larger.. I would assume larger is increasing but I could be mistaken