Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Difficulty with high powered cars

  1. #31
    GT3 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,267
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb24 View Post
    If I get a chance later tonight i’ll run some laps with the Zakspeed and see how I do. I was watching videos from the SafeIsFast’s YouTube channel on oversteer understeer amd one that covered damping and was also very helpful as well.

    I think my biggest issue is trying to determine how to fix oversteer or understeer the easiest of all the ways to fix them when I come across them. Other than fix the end that has the issue, figuring out what to look at or adjust first is what I wanna achieve
    Ok, have fun with the Zakspeed. You have picked a tough class of cars(Group 5) to learn on. The plus is on PC we have bytecruncher26 with many runs/setups for the Zakspeed and BMW.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

  2. #32
    Kart Driver rmb24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    61
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok. Managed to put down a 56.194 so not as fast as the datson but that car does have more horse power I belive . Got the car to be as manageable as I can get it. Made some changes seemed to help.

    These class of cars indeed challenging to say the least, but I like the change it up. Running gt3 cars most of the time can get boring after some time.
    System: Xbox One
    Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX w/ default pedals

  3. #33
    GT3 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,267
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb24 View Post
    Ok. Managed to put down a 56.194 so not as fast as the datson but that car does have more horse power I belive . Got the car to be as manageable as I can get it. Made some changes seemed to help.

    These class of cars indeed challenging to say the least, but I like the change it up. Running gt3 cars most of the time can get boring after some time.
    Hi, these 2 cars are close in horsepower to weight, 2.99 lbs per hp for the Zakspeed and 2.89 for the Datsun. The Zakspeed, being almost 1,000 pounds lighter, has an advantage in cornering on tighter tracks. Of the few tracks where the Datsun is ahead in TT one is Le Mans by a couple of seconds but this could also be just the driver, on most of the rest of the tracks the Datsun lags considerably. The Group 5 is between the BMW, Zakspeed and the 935s with the Datsun toward the rear ahead of the Silhouette.

    So what do you want to do? Go back and work on the Datsun some more?
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

  4. #34
    Kart Driver rmb24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    61
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi, these 2 cars are close in horsepower to weight, 2.99 lbs per hp for the Zakspeed and 2.89 for the Datsun. The Zakspeed, being almost 1,000 pounds lighter, has an advantage in cornering on tighter tracks. Of the few tracks where the Datsun is ahead in TT one is Le Mans by a couple of seconds but this could also be just the driver, on most of the rest of the tracks the Datsun lags considerably. The Group 5 is between the BMW, Zakspeed and the 935s with the Datsun toward the rear ahead of the Silhouette.

    So what do you want to do? Go back and work on the Datsun some more?
    I mostlikely will. Along with the Porsche’s since I love Porsche hence the avatar lol.

    Edit
    The thing that gets me the worst is the boost. Next time im gonna lower the boost by 10 see how I do.

    The Group 5 935’s I have the same issues with in reference to boost. And the pogo term you made reference too I notice a lot with the Porsche’s. The last time I used them which was a few months ago, it seemed no matter how much I stiff I made the car it was still very bouncy.
    Last edited by rmb24; 13-06-2018 at 14:31.
    System: Xbox One
    Wheel: Thrustmaster TMX w/ default pedals

  5. #35
    GT3 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,267
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb24 View Post
    I mostlikely will. Along with the Porsche’s since I love Porsche hence the avatar lol.

    Edit
    The thing that gets me the worst is the boost. Next time im gonna lower the boost by 10 see how I do.

    The Group 5 935’s I have the same issues with in reference to boost. And the pogo term you made reference too I notice a lot with the Porsche’s. The last time I used them which was a few months ago, it seemed no matter how much I stiff I made the car it was still very bouncy.
    I stiffened up the front springs on the Datsun, it still buries about an inch of the splitter in the asphalt which isn't possible. Instead the splitter/air dam hitting the ground hard on corners would cause the suspension to lift the body up at that corner of the car which isn't good either. This isn't even a bad track for this, Sonoma is worse especially at the uphill just after the start/finish. Or the Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile among others.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-06-14 06-07-11-45.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	256133
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-06-14 06-24-44-75.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	256134
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-06-14 06-25-44-99.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	256135
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

  6. #36
    GT3 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,267
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I asked cpcdem to make run for us with the Datsun and he ran a 0:53.941 so we have a long way to go.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

  7. #37
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,389
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi, I asked cpcdem to make run for us with the Datsun and he ran a 0:53.941 so we have a long way to go.
    I was initially having the same problems that you mentioned though, could not keep the car in control at all during braking and I ended up increasing the brake bias a lot, to 67-33 and then I could finally push. Without that, I could not complete a single lap!

    67-33 was the sweet spot for me, less than that and I was still losing the rear under braking, with more I could not steer at all under braking.

  8. #38
    GT3 Pilot blinkngone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,267
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I was initially having the same problems that you mentioned though, could not keep the car in control at all during braking and I ended up increasing the brake bias a lot, to 67-33 and then I could finally push. Without that, I could not complete a single lap!

    67-33 was the sweet spot for me, less than that and I was still losing the rear under braking, with more I could not steer at all under braking.
    Ok, I ran a 0:53.978 +0:00.037, I can't run the bias at 67, perhaps it might have something to do with my broken brake pedal but I need bias at 57 to get the corner entry. Also I do better on the out lap, if I try and run more laps I get the wild colors on the left front where it is flashing the three bands, Green outside, light Green middle and Yellow inside very colorful and by the end of 2nd lap I am into the Orange across the 3 bands. Plus I don't do very well physically running laps. I tried to reduce the exaggerated body contortions rmb24 noticed. It seems the car responds better with the soft springs and instead work on the Bumps and go for the Bump transitions, I remember Casey said you can apply quite a bit more force with the new Bump transitions so I increased these as well on the front and that seemed to calm down the way the car appears to shift around on throttle and brakes. I'm still only using the boost at 70%.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


Similar Threads

  1. Cars not turning like they should at high speeds?
    By neefoo in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-01-2018, 22:29
  2. Sulon Q VR/AR All-in-One Headset Powered by AMD
    By BullWinkle in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-03-2016, 14:11
  3. Too easy on lower difficulty and too hard on higher difficulty.
    By MilkyBarKid16 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29-06-2015, 11:22
  4. Can anyone Reccomend a decent powered USB Hub
    By tmitch45 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 31-05-2015, 12:08
  5. REVS Simracing UK - Powered by ViLayer.com
    By SteveTRM in forum PC - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 07:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •