Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Indy Cars - Career - Cars pull to the left too strongly and uncontrollable

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1
    Platform
    PS4

    Question Indy Cars - Career - Cars pull to the left too strongly and uncontrollable

    Hi...I sold my copy of Project Cars 2 game for the PS4 late last year to put towards games for my XBox One S...just picked it back up though cause I missed it so much....I'm at the point of the Indy Series in my Career mode it pulls to the left so bad that when I get to 180mph, it starts to spin cause i'm trying to keep the car straight...the PS4 installed the game and last patch so I guess it still isn't fixed if it was before...I'm using the Controller...anybody have any really good stable Controller Settings?? I can't race in this game like this...Plus even with Difficulty all the way at 0 the cars are blowing me away..WTH?? Thanks...

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Are you loading the Oval tune and trying to use it on a road course? Or the road tune and using it on an oval?

    And, have you mapped a button for 'push to pass' boost? The AI are using that, I think. Haven't done the Series yet, but done a few online Indy's.

    You might try doing a 'search' here for controller settings for PS4, BTW.

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    930
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin11 View Post
    Hi...I sold my copy of Project Cars 2 game for the PS4 late last year to put towards games for my XBox One S...just picked it back up though cause I missed it so much....I'm at the point of the Indy Series in my Career mode it pulls to the left so bad that when I get to 180mph, it starts to spin cause i'm trying to keep the car straight...the PS4 installed the game and last patch so I guess it still isn't fixed if it was before...I'm using the Controller...anybody have any really good stable Controller Settings?? I can't race in this game like this...Plus even with Difficulty all the way at 0 the cars are blowing me away..WTH?? Thanks...
    I confirm this. I Hope it will be fixed in patch 5

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It might get fixed if the devs get a bit more detail. What tune were you using..? What track?

    There should be 2 tunes, an Oval and a Road. The oval tune is supposed to pull to the left a bit on straights (so the car is better set up in the corners, I guess). If you are racing non-ovals, you'll need a tune based on the road course version...

    BTW, I think patch 4 (or it might have been P3) asked you to delete all your tunes based on older stock tunes. They changed a lot of things, enough to break older tunes.

    Were you using an old tune from last year?

  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    930
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    It might get fixed if the devs get a bit more detail. What tune were you using..? What track?

    There should be 2 tunes, an Oval and a Road. The oval tune is supposed to pull to the left a bit on straights (so the car is better set up in the corners, I guess). If you are racing non-ovals, you'll need a tune based on the road course version...

    BTW, I think patch 4 (or it might have been P3) asked you to delete all your tunes based on older stock tunes. They changed a lot of things, enough to break older tunes.

    Were you using an old tune from last year?
    You are right to ask for clarification. Indeed, the car I have problem on Daytona Oval using the default setup "Oval Speedway". I also note that the more AI there is, the more the car seems to me uncontrollable.
    The setups for Texas and Indianapolis are pretty good, I think.
    May be a default setup problem. I'm waiting for the patch 5

  6. #6
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    5
    Platform
    PC
    I'm having same issue. I've given up on Indy cars.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by seb02 View Post
    You are right to ask for clarification. Indeed, the car I have problem on Daytona Oval using the default setup "Oval Speedway". I also note that the more AI there is, the more the car seems to me uncontrollable.
    The setups for Texas and Indianapolis are pretty good, I think.
    May be a default setup problem. I'm waiting for the patch 5
    How many opponents are you using?

    I have a PS4Pro, and when I first played the game, naturally tried maxing out opponents. I quickly found that even the Pro isn't up to it. I am down to about 16-20 now (depending on track and conditions) and have far fewer issues.

    What's your cutoff point before the problem appears?

  8. #8
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    135
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah, Daytona was no fun. I actually switched to the road setup there, just to get some predictability. Getting out of the pits was just, yikes.

    Hauling gas and turning left in an open wheeler is a bit of a shock, after coming up the ranks in Monaco, Silverstone, Spa, et al.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by seb02 View Post
    You are right to ask for clarification. Indeed, the car I have problem on Daytona Oval using the default setup "Oval Speedway". I also note that the more AI there is, the more the car seems to me uncontrollable.
    The setups for Texas and Indianapolis are pretty good, I think.
    May be a default setup problem. I'm waiting for the patch 5
    Daytona is banked far higher than Indianapolis or Texas. Have you tried running Daytona with the 'Road' tune, as the banking may help do away with a tune biased to the left? And have you tried accelerated tire wear, to see if the Oval tune helps mitigate tire wear as you corner? Possibly the tune is not optimal on fresh tires, but once worn a bit might come to you? Have you done any long runs in practice?

    If the tune is acceptable for Indianapolis and Texas, and those are less banked, perhaps there is our answer?

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    930
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot2703 View Post
    I'm having same issue. I've given up on Indy cars.

    it is true that with less AI, it is less worse.
    But the result is still far from satisfactory for me. We'll see if there will be an improvement in the next patch...

Similar Threads

  1. Cars pull to the left on straights - found the solution
    By Balls in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-04-2018, 18:25
  2. HELP: steering stock cars on Indy not working
    By dakoota72 in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2018, 07:07
  3. BUG indy cars circuitos ovais
    By fabio munhoz in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-10-2017, 17:10
  4. Excellence In Racing Indy Car League! 4 Spots Left!
    By Dixxyy in forum XB1 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2016, 19:14
  5. Cars somewhat uncontrollable using a logitech f310 controller
    By JaredKFan in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-01-2016, 18:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •